• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BBR factory RM 055

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
What does rebridged mean?
It means that they took all the moving parts from the Miyota 8200 (i.e. the train wheels, balance wheel, pallet fork, mainspring) and installed them on a new support structure (the "bridges"). This new support structure looks very similar the support structure of the real RM movement. So effectively the Miyota 8200 has been "re-bridged" to look like the RM movement. But there are key difference between the RM movement's moving parts and the Miyota moving parts. As such it's not a "clone" movement, but rather a Miyota movement that was reimagined as an RM movement.

Reactions: Cheesegrater

NickNickNickk

4/6/21
The rep movement is not as well finished or well made as the Gen it's a re-bridged and decorated miyota. So having a clearer crystal will bring out the flaws even more and you'll fail to have the same experience you had with a Gen.
So maybe it's better that the crystal is not super clear. :p
Thats a very good point. But i still think it will give it a better look. So i will keep searching til i find someone who can do this for a reasonable price.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
It means that they took all the moving parts from the Miyota 8200 (i.e. the train wheels, balance wheel, pallet fork, mainspring) and installed them on a new support structure (the "bridges"). This new support structure looks very similar the support structure of the real RM movement. So effectively the Miyota 8200 has been "re-bridged" to look like the RM movement. But there are key difference between the RM movement's moving parts and the Miyota moving parts. As such it's not a "clone" movement, but rather a Miyota movement that was reimagined as an RM movement.
That makes a lot of sense. Thanks!
So it’s still a miyota. I wish the factory would not just outright say “clone” movement….

Reactions: GiantSquid

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
That makes a lot of sense. Thanks!
So it’s still a miyota. I wish the factory would not just outright say “clone” movement….
That would be awesome, but then they couldn't sell a zillion of them on hype alone!
But for real, the strides they've made in the last two years towards a "clone" are pretty great. If things keep going at this rate we may see actual clones of RM movements in the future, but there's no way to predict timing and we'll probably have to go through a few iterations until we see something solid.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
That would be awesome, but then they couldn't sell a zillion of them on hype alone!
But for real, the strides they've made in the last two years towards a "clone" are pretty great. If things keep going at this rate we may see actual clones of RM movements in the future, but there's no way to predict timing and we'll probably have to go through a few iterations until we see something solid.
I hear you. I just think none of us like being catfished.

Reactions: GiantSquid

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Received today, in time for Christmas :D

Gave it 40 winds, runs great for now.

Gorgeous mate - I think in discussions with my watchmaker, the error I made was shipping while watch is running. He said movement is stable enough as long as no sudden movements are made. If you have to transport the watch, let it run right down and certainly don't play golf in it (like the gen)!

Sorry about my watchmaker forgetting to measure the strap, but I hope you have a good Christmas!

Reactions: Stuvetjee

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Gorgeous mate - I think in discussions with my watchmaker, the error I made was shipping while watch is running. He said movement is stable enough as long as no sudden movements are made. If you have to transport the watch, let it run right down and certainly don't play golf in it (like the gen)!
Cheers bro, yeah something i wouldnt do with any watch tbh lol. So you already gave it a full wind then?

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Knocked mine off the night stand last night (oh bugger as in unlucky Alf) - still running like a trooper (phew)…..

• Haha
Reactions: Stuvetjee

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
I'm not an expert on movements or anything, but I believe there is a reason why gen RMs are so expensive, part of it being how complicated the movements are. So it could be extremely difficult to make a clone perhaps.
Yea, I know nothing about movements or the terminology.

I know they use exotic materials but hearing from RM collectors the reason they are expensive is marketing.

I was just predicting that since rm055 is one of the most popular one I’d think they’ll make a super clone of this model first before the other models.