• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BBR factory RM 055

asuwere

2/6/19
Looks like he couldn't get the front crystal off. It's glued to the case. That might complicate any AR coating plans.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Looks like he couldn't get the front crystal off. It's glued to the case. That might complicate any AR coating plans.
In my experience gluing these crystals in is one of the easiest ways to make a decent seal, not surprising that they went that route. You can always detach them with an acetone bath but no telling what that might do to the composite and resin of the NTPT case.

Reactions: Scottymagic

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
In my experience gluing these crystals in is one of the easiest ways to make a decent seal, not surprising that they went that route. You can always detach them with an acetone bath but no telling what that might do to the composite and resin of the NTPT case.
I honestly think the crystal is decent, don’t see why it’s a must change.

Reactions: GiantSquid

carter1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/6/22
I hope mine doesn't get lost in the return post to China and my replacement works like that. Look great @Scottymagic - wear it in good health.

NickNickNickk

4/6/21
I honestly think the crystal is decent, don’t see why it’s a must change.
I find it annoying when the whole sapphire shines up in white light. I’ve had a replica who had a non reflective 3x purple coated, and after that I won’t have anything else. I’ve tried two gens and it’s pretty close. But still not quite there. If I find someone who can mod these sapphires, then I will also go for a couple of tourbillion models.

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer

Watchmaker got it fixed - overbanking as predicted. May happen again but he’s recommended to try and not wind it too much, just enough to get through the day etc.
That is great news mate! Any news on the strap size endlink? Also what was his take on the movement itself? Oiled properly or?

Last edited:

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Just so you know, most IG sellers (and I'll go out on a limb and say a good portion of IG modders too) are 100% full of shit. I see basically zero difference from stock on the Aerodyne and that case sure looks like the RMF case to me.

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Just so you know, most IG sellers (and I'll go out on a limb and say a good portion of IG modders too) are 100% full of shit. I see basically zero difference from stock on the Aerodyne and that case sure looks like the RMF case to me.
Yeah they are scammers indeed. can't see any difference

NickNickNickk

4/6/21
Yeah they are scammers indeed. can't see any difference
Im referring to the crystal sapphire switch. It’s a huge visual difference between them. I know they are scammers that not my point. Im not buying a 5k $ watch because of a sapphire switch. But the job can be done ✅ and it looks great 👍

NickNickNickk

4/6/21
After trying the gen RM I noticed how the sapphire made the whole movement come alive , that can’t be seen on photo or video. Like I said earlier, right sapphire will make huge difference for you as a wearer. It’s more fun to look at compared to crystal that almost censoring the movement and blind you’re eyes

NickNickNickk

4/6/21
After trying the gen RM I noticed how the sapphire made the whole movement come alive , that can’t be seen on photo or video. Like I said earlier, right sapphire will make huge difference for you as a wearer. It’s more fun to look at compared to crystal that almost censoring the movement and blind you’re eyes

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
The rep movement is not as well finished or well made as the Gen it's a re-bridged and decorated miyota. So having a clearer crystal will bring out the flaws even more and you'll fail to have the same experience you had with a Gen.
So maybe it's better that the crystal is not super clear. :p

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
The rep movement is not as well finished or well made as the Gen it's a re-bridged and decorated miyota. So having a clearer crystal will bring out the flaws even more and you'll fail to have the same experience you had with a Gen.
So maybe it's better that the crystal is not super clear. :p
So BBr’s claim that their V2 rm055 is a clone movement is not even true?

It’s just a miyota?

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Im referring to the crystal sapphire switch. It’s a huge visual difference between them. I know they are scammers that not my point. Im not buying a 5k $ watch because of a sapphire switch. But the job can be done ✅ and it looks great 👍
As said before the BBR crystal on the v2 isn't that bad - pointless upgrade

Reactions: GiantSquid