• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF vs Noob SA4130: Final battle :D (some pics)

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
Let me see your ARF doing this:
6nr9U.jpg

Or this:
7a5a3464b6fc3a6b35ac36376ac32ddc.jpg

Nice watch, I have one just like it ;-)

e4bff1faf11fe6981133b81a4ed9609c.jpg

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
I prefer Noob to ARF BTW noob sub dial rings are so obvious when down to side by side.

shaKi47

Known Member
5/4/16
I would say: From the Design is ARF better. But overall is noob.

Daytona is famous for her Chronos and the Chronos are not working on ARF. So it is only a Half-Watch. The Movement of a Watch is FOR ME 90% of the Watch.

To say "The ARF is the better Replica" and that without the Function of Chronos... would be sad.

The Noob is the first FULL-REPLICA of Daytona. So Noob won. ARF won the Price for "Half-Replica".

Reactions: Nate0624

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
ARF vs Noob SA4130: Final battle ???? (some pics)

only negative points about the noob, if you talk about the rehaut why don‘t you mention the missaligned and wrong engraving of the ARF? What about the nasty pushers on ARF? If you compare the crowns, why not pushers?

In some points ARF is better, but overall noob wins

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Reactions: shaKi47

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
Amazing to see how passionate people are about their position Noob vs ARF......

Yes, Noob has some points to improve.....but having a perfect rep with a non working Chrono is not a perfect rep.

I would not even consider the ARF, no matter how accurate the watch. It's still dud with non-working mechanicals.

Sdc83

Renowned Member
20/1/13
Yeah, I got six more like it from the same Noob maker and I can race chronographs next to any GEN all day long. Install all those GEN parts on your ARF but once you'd hit that top pusher the genuine feel will be Gone in Sixty Seconds.

original.gif
Comparing a franken with an OTB watch makes no sense.
If it gives you so much joy to watch the chronograph running I'm happy for you.

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
only negative points about the noob, if you talk about the rehaut why don‘t you mention the missaligned and wrong engraving of the ARF? What about the nasty pushers on ARF? If you compare the crowns, why not pushers?

In some points ARF is better, but overall noob wins

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

I am not in favor of ARF or Noob, I have made an objective review, without being in favor of one or the other clock, but only based on the quality of one with respect to the other.

Now, to defend the Noob for the sword traces of quality seems to me simply ABSURD. This watch has everything but NOT aesthetic a high quality.

The Noob movement is a very important step in the history of replica watches, but its true long-term reliability is still unknown. It is therefore wrong, in my opinion, to defend the goodness of this movement since only a couple of months have passed since it came out.

Beyond this, the movement seems solid, qualitatively nothing to envy to truly Swiss movements.

This movement has a higher quality than the SA3135 or SH3135. The components seem solid, precise. By comparing SA4130 components, those of SA / SH look like tin, cheap, of too soft and badly made metals.

SA4130 is one of the best Chinese clone movements I've ever seen before.

In my case everything works perfectly, someone seems to have been unlucky with the keyless, others with the reset of the counter at 9 o'clock, and others with the "stop" of the movement not even a minute from the start of the chrono (I think there is only dirty in those cases).

For the description I update about the pusher and other little things (I took the description by copying it from another speech I had already done in another discussion, so this could be incomplete)

ARF = quality
Noob = Movement

If you do not care about the chrono functions and you want a nice watch out of the box, get the ARF.

If you're interested in the chrono, or you're going to do a nice assembly, take the Noob.

You think I held the ARF after my review, right?

You're wrong, I kept the Noob for a modding project :)

I will do this project, and if I'm not satisfied I'll sell the watch. But it's early to say :)

The only thing I really do not understand is how can some people defend the aesthetic noob quality of these daytona. Everyone of these stock watch sucks and screams "hyper-cheap" from everywhere (talking about stock watch obviously, because this comparison would make no sense between an ARF stock and a Noob franken).

The Noob dials, although the Noob may have slightly updated, are all totally wrong and must be replaced. They are wrong these dials (it is more correct to say subdial) on purpose because in the old 7750 versions that they had done the subdials were ok.

Those of these subdials Noob are too fat and give a totally incorrect font to the whole watch (besides having just a fantasy layout oh the black 116520 for example). It's a shame as this detail goes to ruin the whole watch.

DJ Woody

Known Member
5/8/18
London
As you say, it really comes down to what you want out of the watch. I think the wait and watch is the way to go. No doubt this sort of feedback is being heard by the Noob factory. And therefore the coming iterations will only get better! Exciting times!

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
+1

Playing the waiting game as well....

Hope Noob will get it right......

goldman555

Known Member
4/8/16
This is a very biased review I'm sorry...

I have both too and yes if you look through a loupe you can see the differences.

Yes the ARF is slightly better aesthetically and I cannot tell any difference between the types of steel other than a dodgy hologram which came with it.

I will concede the subdials on the Noob are slightly wider than the ARF and Gen. but if you stand the noob next door to the Gen 99.9% of people would not be able to tell the difference. The bracelet on the noob is also nowhere near to genuine but neither is the ARF.

I also disagree with the Rehaut on my watch this is the best I've ever seen on any replica.

Now onto the important bit that you seem to have skipped!

Take the back off and the ARF '4130' movement is terrible. The engravings are awful and my one has bright red paint for the Daytona wording that looks like it was painted by a five year old (sorry if it was :)

Take the back off the Noob and the movement is virtually indistinguishable from GEN don't you guys seem to get it the movement in the NOOB IS REVOLUTIONARY!! It won't take long for NOOB to fix their snagging's in future versions.

Bottom line the ARF is a good watch but the Noob smashes it out of the park with the movement. The subdials on the ARF are stuck down they also don't work. So why are you worried about minute differences when the watch doesn't actually work!!! as it should. Surely this should be the baseline with the Daytona.

I am also very sceptical about this 904l steel business so what. If the subdials don't move it's far easier to tell a fake from this than getting a spectrum analyser and working out the elemental make up of the steel that the watch is made of.

petonet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/11/10
Europe
How dificult is to produce a watch with a perfect sel????
If only noob factory improves that...
Or Arf change the movement....
Meanwhile the gen sensation and feeling goes to arf. Although i am not a fan of cheap movements neither.
So lets wait for both of them to improve in that way.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Reactions: Sdc83

rolexwatchfan

17/8/13
It is therefore wrong, in my opinion, to defend the goodness of this movement since only a couple of months have passed since it came out.

Sorry but you don't fully understand what this movement means to the industry and to some of us waiting for this rep for decades.

To all ARF and Noob fun boys:

Please understand one principal thing we're doing in here, Comparing non working coulisse-lever escapement chronograph to fully functioning vertical clutch chronometer marvel is just absurd. Such ignorance makes me ashamed that I've even participated in all of those nonsensical comparison threads. This is the end of the line for me. My friends, be happy with whichever watch you choose but if you trying to convince me that your looks better than mine works - we are not on the same page. Therefore my argument ends here. If you will have any questions regarding my further comments on Noob Daytonas, you're more than welcome to message me privately from now on.

Reactions: nothingelse

lukko

Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
This is a very biased review I'm sorry...

I have both too and yes if you look through a loupe you can see the differences.

Yes the ARF is slightly better aesthetically and I cannot tell any difference between the types of steel other than a dodgy hologram which came with it.

Lupe?Slightly? Really don’t need a lupe to see and tell that stock, out of the box, ARF isn’t “slightly” but BETTER. Facts, no words.

If you can’t able to see these simple difference and have an objective and honest opinion about this comparation this theard isn’t for you sorry...

Pics speak themself.

I will concede the subdials on the Noob are slightly wider than the ARF and Gen. but if you stand the noob next door to the Gen 99.9% of people would not be able to tell the difference.

My eyes bleed after reading that the stock Noob is indistinguishable from the gen

Sdc83

Renowned Member
20/1/13
Denying the evidence is not very useful to anyone.
When Arf 116520 came out, everyone wrote only how beautiful it was; instead I wrote in Angus's section what was wrong, especially for its too high rehaut. Then v.2 came out, with correct height of the rehaut. If everyone continues to exalt only the movement and deny all the obvious flaws of this Noob, in the future there will be no major improvements on it, since it is already good for you happy owners.

lukko

Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
Sorry but you don't fully understand what this movement means to the industry and to some of us waiting for this rep for decades.

To all ARF and Noob fun boys:

Please understand one principal thing we're doing in here, Comparing non working coulisse-lever escapement chronograph to fully functioning vertical clutch chronometer marvel is just absurd. Such ignorance makes me ashamed that I've even participated in all of those nonsensical comparison threads. This is the end of the line for me. My friends, be happy with whichever watch you choose but if you trying to convince me that your looks better than mine works - we are not on the same page. Therefore my argument ends here. If you will have any questions regarding my further comments on Noob Daytonas, you're more than welcome to message me privately from now on.

Who do you think you're talking to, with a newbie?

Do you believe that people who have been in the rep wolrd for decades are totally idiotic?

We all know that this was an important step in the world of replicas, just as Yuki was at the time about 3135. This 4130 Noob is even better as a quality compared to SA / SH / Yuki.

Nobody can guarantee how reliable this movement is, but for now it seems stable and runs well

But here we are not talking about whether I have the longest pea of ​​another user or if my Noob is more beautiful than that of another.

If you want to make a race for those who have the most beautiful watch you can create a special theard.

I called this theard specifically "final battle" because I knew there would be this kind of comment.

There are people on the side of Noob and others on the side of ARF, but none of you seems to be impartial and stand in the middle of the court giving an honest opinion.

List the merits and defects only serve factories that really cooperate with the dealer (Angus) as other users have said in the past have been resolved and improved

In the past when the Noob sub V6S had been defined as the best sub ceramic replica, while angus still worked with them, the "perfect" batch lasted only a month. after which SEL, CG's, everything got worse, except the polished reahut. So listing the strengths and weaknesses is useless in most of the times, and indeed sometimes against and against.

This is a review for us, for users, for the forum community.

If before reading or looking at the photos a user already starts with the idea to comment that in the end Noob is better, please, read another topic but not this one.

I am objective, and qualitatively out of the box I say that the ARF is better BUT, currently I am assembling a noob SA4130 because I believe in this movement (note that I am not one like you that has to show everyone that the chrono works, in fact I will never use it, I only believe in the development and efforts made by the factory to achieve this result and I love experimenting through modifications what can be achieved).

Noob daytona is not disgusting, I did not say that overall the watch is to be thrown away. I just said that the whole budget on this watch went to the movement and that the rest of the watch, compared to how the noob worked in the past (become famous for the quality of its watches), is all at hyper-economic levels.

Defining a nice watch Noob stock seems exaggerated and really excessive.

But not for this I would not buy it, in fact, currently as already said I have a project on one of these.

Denying the evidence is not very useful to anyone.
When Arf 116520 came out, everyone wrote only how beautiful it was; instead I wrote in Angus's section what was wrong, especially for its too high rehaut. Then v.2 came out, with correct height of the rehaut. If everyone continues to exalt only the movement and deny all the obvious flaws of this Noob, in the future there will be no major improvements on it, since it is already good for you happy owners.

Exact. When ARF daytona came out this watch was a revolution because it was the first daytona with 7750 reliable to have for the first time the size of the gen, and also the first replica in the world to use 904L steel.

So even from the ARF a year ago efforts had been made that no one had ever done before with Daytona rep.

Noob has changed 3 owners in 3 years by halving the production of watches and focusing exclusively on the most sold, just for business (just think that in pam the noob produces only PAM111 .......) The project of the movement, however, was in the pipeline already for 3 years now. This is to underline that the Noob for over a year now is working on the quantity of goods sold, and no longer on quality as in the past. (something that was famous for years ago). With ARF concentrated in the rolex rep, which continued to produce super rep watches in 904L like DJ, SD, Oyster perpetual and Explorer (with JF brand), Noob certainly had a decline in sales. And from here the project to raise sales Noob: SA4130 has started

When this Daytona came out it did not make the same sensation as when the ARF daytona came out. Nobody shouted "how beautiful the new daytona noob". The only thing for which this watch was appreciated when it came out is the movement.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020 and Sdc83

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
ARF is a great rep visually. But it is a totally crap watch which sinks to the depths of having a picture of a column wheel half heartedly engraved on it's dreadful movement and two useless glued on subdial hands.

Noob is e very good rep and a truly great watch with an amazing genuine vertical clutch column wheel chrono and a 72 hour PR.

Your choice guys .

I have loved watches for over 35 years and frankly the very idea of owning the ARF makes me physically wretch. It is a truly crap watch ! A toy.

You may as well stick a HD photo of a Daytona to your wrist, as buy the ARF

I can live with the slightly fat subdials, I have the 116500 white dial which is much better than the black dial

The bracelet is actually very good on mine and the SELs are near enough perfect. But most of all it is a proper chronograph watch, not a toy.

ssouthall6

10/10/13
I agree with most of the review, even if it is a little biased, and the same for many of the comments in here, mostly correct but mostly delivered in a biased-sounding way.

If you want a genuinely impartial viewpoint on the aesthetics my dial and bezel comparison thread is here:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...b-v1-and-noob-v2-2018-dial-and-bezel-analysis

On ceramic ARF have gone backwards with their dial. The space between the bottom of the numbers and the inner edge of the subdials is too big now. The print is perfect. On noob ceramic the print spacing is still incorrect, although improved, and the subdials too thick.

The ARF bezel is miles better, everything about the noob insert is wrong from the engravings to the font, the size and position of the triangles etc.

On steel, the noob dial is completely wrong. It copies the the ceramic one. They haven't used the gen to recreate, as proven by the above thread with 6 different annual variations of gen dials shown in there.

The steel bezel shape, font, engravings and positioning are miles better on ARF than Noob. Again, noob is not even close across 6 annual variations. They copied from a copy. ARF is visually good enough to pass as an annual variation but not perfect.

On the case, I agree the tolerances seem to vary more on the noob. The sels can be good with good QC, however the ARF case shape is more true to life, with better curvature to the lugs and also width of the lugs.

As pointed out by Sdc83 the rehaut is corrected on the ARF v2 and this shades it over the noob.

Crown and pushers don't and will never look right on the ARF. Noob wins here.

316 vs 904 - obviously one is and one isn't, but again, good luck to the naked eye on telling the difference.

Movement is obviously a landslide victory for noob. The ARF is not only non-functioning but there are many reports of low power reserve and other issues.

ARF have improved the hands but noob has better pinions from my eyes, I haven't seen the V2 of either in the flesh yet.

There are some quite impassioned views on here and they boil down to two people. The ones who have been waiting for a slim case fully functioning daytona to franken since the beginning of rep history, and the guys who refuse to franken on principle because noob have made a half-assed attempt at the dial and bezel which for nearly $700 is justifiably a minimum expectation.

I see both sides and understand the rationale from both.

As yet, I don't love the watch enough to be satisfied with either. Let's hope we see some minor improvements from noob, because it needs it, and this forum needs it, because this argument is turning into apple vs android for rep watches :D