• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF vs Noob SA4130: Final battle :D (some pics)

zkrollex

Known Member
10/4/19
None :(

Only option is buy the whole watch, swap the parts and sell the donor.

I got one ARF bezel when they were available, bought a second noob and then the supply just stopped so I'm gonna turn it into a 116520 or 116523. The aftermarket 116500 bezels are all terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank You,man!
I thought to my self the same thing!
If the next months there isn't some new NOOB V2.2 update,than will be to take the NOOB and ARF and ...modd,franken etc.

bobbysteel

Looking Around
21/4/19
None :(

Only option is buy the whole watch, swap the parts and sell the donor.

I got one ARF bezel when they were available, bought a second noob and then the supply just stopped so I'm gonna turn it into a 116520 or 116523. The aftermarket 116500 bezels are all terrible.

I thought the arf bezel was terrible too. I had to get a gen - the arf looked laser engraved and shallow versus the depth and roundedness of the gen

Alex Cheon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/6/15
Arf or noob which cryatal is better?
I think noob has better lined shape on side view.
Arf is little bit rounded than noob and gen.
First Pic is noob.
b3c2418969164f81b87e37ac126289c6.jpg

This is gen.
2fd5fbde1319a0470d4e6620a0dc4269.jpg

And this is noob with ar crystal.
1ef2af7ceda5c25da9983be717a4624c.jpg

wrightp748

Horology Curious
26/4/19
Is there a chronograph movement that could be fitted in the ARF case?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Neo_one

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/3/19
What noob watch did you compare? Looks like a really old one

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Is there a chronograph movement that could be fitted in the ARF case?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Apparently the noob 4130, there's a thread here of someone using an ARF as base and adding the noob movement, instead what's the usual way around with noob base

couchp0tat0

Just a Watchnerd
Banned
Certified
18/4/19
Germany/ EU
I am not in favor of ARF or Noob, I have made an objective review, without being in favor of one or the other clock, but only based on the quality of one with respect to the other.

Now, to defend the Noob for the sword traces of quality seems to me simply ABSURD. This watch has everything but NOT aesthetic a high quality.

The Noob movement is a very important step in the history of replica watches, but its true long-term reliability is still unknown. It is therefore wrong, in my opinion, to defend the goodness of this movement since only a couple of months have passed since it came out.

Beyond this, the movement seems solid, qualitatively nothing to envy to truly Swiss movements.

This movement has a higher quality than the SA3135 or SH3135. The components seem solid, precise. By comparing SA4130 components, those of SA / SH look like tin, cheap, of too soft and badly made metals.

SA4130 is one of the best Chinese clone movements I've ever seen before.

In my case everything works perfectly, someone seems to have been unlucky with the keyless, others with the reset of the counter at 9 o'clock, and others with the "stop" of the movement not even a minute from the start of the chrono (I think there is only dirty in those cases).

For the description I update about the pusher and other little things (I took the description by copying it from another speech I had already done in another discussion, so this could be incomplete)

ARF = quality
Noob = Movement

If you do not care about the chrono functions and you want a nice watch out of the box, get the ARF.

If you're interested in the chrono, or you're going to do a nice assembly, take the Noob.

You think I held the ARF after my review, right?

You're wrong, I kept the Noob for a modding project :)

I will do this project, and if I'm not satisfied I'll sell the watch. But it's early to say :)

The only thing I really do not understand is how can some people defend the aesthetic noob quality of these daytona. Everyone of these stock watch sucks and screams "hyper-cheap" from everywhere (talking about stock watch obviously, because this comparison would make no sense between an ARF stock and a Noob franken).

The Noob dials, although the Noob may have slightly updated, are all totally wrong and must be replaced. They are wrong these dials (it is more correct to say subdial) on purpose because in the old 7750 versions that they had done the subdials were ok.

Those of these subdials Noob are too fat and give a totally incorrect font to the whole watch (besides having just a fantasy layout oh the black 116520 for example). It's a shame as this detail goes to ruin the whole watch.

thank you for this summary, i decided after studying this post for the last week to get the ARF 116520, i placed my order with my TD of trust and iam exited to see the outcome,
i have always admired arf for their quality and the way they feel like small tanks, noob to me feels rattly and light..somehow cheap and i just wasnt sure about the 13mm thickness if it realy would make a huge difference..iwill see ;)
cheers and thanks again,
C.P

adi…italy

10/8/18
Italy
Can anyone tell me if something needs to be changed to install an ARF bracelet on a Noob v3 case?
I read that some of the bracelet fits well. Others just the clasp. Other links and clasp but SELs are not compatible.
Does he have any indications to give me?
Many thanks for the support. Adi

gravec

25/5/20
Can anyone tell me if something needs to be changed to install an ARF bracelet on a Noob v3 case?
I read that some of the bracelet fits well. Others just the clasp. Other links and clasp but SELs are not compatible.
Does he have any indications to give me?
Many thanks for the support. Adi

I depens on the watch you have, it is possible to install the whole ARF bracelet. But most people only change the removable parts in order to get the noob SEL. Since that can ge tricky when you use the ARF for that as well.