• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
Damn now I’m disappointed. The QC pics are definitely now the watch advertised. The font seems noticeably bigger, the color is completely different, if you draw a line from left to right directly in the middle on both you can see the dial and bezel are out of place too
remember that QC pics are taken at a different way than that stock pic. also lighting/colour correction on Ryan's stock images could make colours differ.

Reactions: KushBandit

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Damn now I’m disappointed. The QC pics are definitely now the watch advertised. The font seems noticeably bigger, the color is completely different, if you draw a line from left to right directly in the middle on both you can see the dial and bezel are out of place too
Is this the same watch as advertised by Ryan?

Hav1hY.jpeg

HavYRs.jpeg
@DodgeDemon Those two pics are not at same scale. If you scale them similarly the fonts don't look appreciably different. The QC pic is also much clearer.

Ha7Pi2.jpeg

They are different dials though, look at the SWISS MADE. In fact the QC looks like a RAF, with its more emerald insert and its proper insert 2 tail. Also I don't ever recall ARF using protective tape on its inserts. It's still a good rep but the RAF has some known bezel issues.

Regarding the QC dial and bezel looking out of place, a bezel appears differently with the slightest tilt or rotation of the viewing angle. It's probably OK.

Look at the triangle on this bezel with just a slight tilt forward of the watch right side to center the datewheel in the cyclops.

3ei7Dc.gif

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
Loose bezel issue was fixed simply by adding a second washer under the bezel. Clicks are nice and solid now.

The older “ARF” LN that I got right before the Kermit had the protruding crown and actually incorrect crown (had large middle dot). Makes me think I was sold an RAF LN labeled as an ARF. Which is also why I don’t put any stock in these being “ARF”, it’s all marketing.

DodgeDemon

Still New
11/3/23
Fl
Do appreciate the responses showing me their opinion. Still, even with scaling to size the font is definitely different there’s no way of convincing me of that. And the rotation of the bezel, you are dead on, but, what I meant more so is the 6 rectangles on the bezel are much thicker when lined up with the 2 dial rectangles on the QC version. On the website the 6 bezel rectangles look a bit thinner than the 2 on the dial. My terminology is terrible, and I’m new to this so my opinion doesn’t mean jack I’m just telling what I see

Reactions: KJ2020

evilgenius88

Plotting world domination
Supporter
Certified
11/4/07
Volcano Base
@DodgeDemon Those two pics are not at same scale. If you scale them similarly the fonts don't look appreciably different. The QC pic is also much clearer.

Ha7Pi2.jpeg

They are different dials though, look at the SWISS MADE. In fact the QC looks like a RAF, with its more emerald insert and its proper insert 2 tail. Also I don't ever recall ARF using protective tape on its inserts. It's still a good rep but the RAF has some known bezel issues.

Regarding the QC dial and bezel looking out of place, a bezel appears differently with the slightest tilt or rotation of the viewing angle. It's probably OK.

Look at the triangle on this bezel with just a slight tilt forward of the watch right side to center the datewheel in the cyclops.

3ei7Dc.gif
That's a very good visual example. Some people talk shit on things being misaligned where it's much more likely it's just a matter of slightly different angle, or a wide angle lens, etc. Things can look off in the photos, wheres they really aren't (noticeably) in real life.

vince23

Supporter
Certified
11/1/21
Is this the same watch as advertised by Ryan?

Hav1hY.jpeg

HavYRs.jpeg
One difference I noticed on the dial print is the "Y" of officially.

Also I think the font is a little different and the "swiss made" is closer together on the actual QC pics.

Nevertheless I think its a great rep and I'm really looking forward to receive my QC pics.

The promo pictures are always a little different than the actual product. Also for the latest clean explorer 36 release. They fine-tune some stuff right before the release. So its not totally unusual.

All in all I don't think the actual watch looks worse than the promo pictures watch.

vince23

Supporter
Certified
11/1/21
These are definitely RAF masquerading as ARF. Because RAF is the only factory making these in the rep world apart from BP. ARF couldn't be more dead.
How do you explain the new ARF releases tho? They released the ym42, some dj's etc. etc.