• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

vince23

Supporter
Certified
11/1/21
Those are the QC pics we've been saying look like RAF and not like Intime's "new" ARF pics (the real thing).
Would be interesting to have geektime open up the caseback. Afaik only steve does that?

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
This is one of the newer listings by Jtime based on it being on page 2 of "New Arrivals."

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
my qcs are in. got sent an LV instead.. no worries. already on its way to me.

Ha4aSi.jpeg

Ha4orp.jpeg

Ha4WCX.jpeg

Ha4mLb.jpeg

Ha4qE5.jpeg

Ha4O3F.jpeg
What dealer are these QC from?

mrln

Supporter
25/11/20
EU
As someone who has long and repeatedly looked for 5-digit subs for month while there just weren't any (before the RAF relaese), I kept always stumbling across the old ARF ones listed at chazingtime. They never kicked them from the site. LN also both with the long nose "2". Funny part: Green also with the different shades between rehaut/no rehaut. But vice versa! 😵‍💫 (Just comparing InTime vs. ChazingTime ARFs)

But then again, after reading and comparing a lot now: Between jtime, InTime and ChazingTime are discrepancies regarding the small screw on that one movement part. And then again again the greens on the LVs, Flat Four here, non Flat Four there... it's all a mess!

When the "RAF" ones dropped, nearly everybody thought, that it's ARF. Just a spelling error. I for one think more then ever now, it's all the same in the end! ARF might not the same "ARF" like some time ago. But the people who buying parts from suppliers, cobble them together and putting "RAF/ARF" stickers on them are more or less the same. Those difference here and there are just "come on, let's make another round 16610s" batches for me!

My head smokes...

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
For what it’s worth, this is QC from Hont posted in Reddit 3 months ago. Way before Ryan had these posted on his website.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
For what it’s worth, this is QC from Hont posted in Reddit 3 months ago. Way before Ryan had these posted on his website.

There were also some "RAFs" sold with AR stickers shown in the RAF thread so yeah it looks like they're related and you get what you get.

On the plus side they are all completely acceptable looking 16610s. Tweak 'em up as you feel the need or be happy with 'em stock.

Last edited:

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
There were also some "RAFs" sold with AR stickers shown in the RAF thread so yeah it looks like they're related and you get what you get.

On the plus side they are all completely acceptable looking 16610s. Tweak 'em up as you feel the need or be happy with 'em stock.

Agreed. 99.8% of people will just say “nice watch” if anything at all.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22

I guess the main thing for me would be the movement. This “ARF” supposedly has VR (even though Ryan advertises it as SH)?

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
I think you got the later batch of sh3135 movements because your date font looks thinner (which is always welcomed, opposed to the typical fat/ bloated sh3135 date font).

Definitely. I had an “ARF” that definitely was a mislabeled RAF as it had all of the tell tale signs of the V1 RAF. When compared to the Kermit you definitely could tell the differences.