• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Don't get too excited over the good amplitude on the Timegrapher pics.

I've had SH/SA movements run great on paper and then... Boom.

I am seriously hoping they are VR movements out of the box.

Great pictures so far.
Unfortunatelly these SH3135 were all timebombs ... Even after some service works.
The only reliable SH3135 movement I have, is the one with a lot of necessary GEN parts... But to be honest, I would not do this anymore.
The better and cheaper route is to remove a SH and put a VR/VS inside and everything is fine.

These SH were the first real clone movements years ago and cause of GEN parts you can use - the great hype when they were new on the market ;)

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Unfortunatelly these SH3135 were all timebombs ... Even after some service works.
The only reliable SH3135 movement I have, is the one with a lot of necessary GEN parts... But to be honest, I would not do this anymore.
The better and cheaper route is to remove a SH and put a VR/VS inside and everything is fine.

These SH were the first real clone movements years ago and cause of GEN parts you can use - the great hype when they were new on the market ;)
I know it and remember it well. Here's hoping that we don't need to get a new one for these.

Reactions: vince23

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
No one has asked for movement pics yet?

evilgenius88

Plotting world domination
Supporter
Certified
11/4/07
Volcano Base
My timegrapher shows +7s
Personally, I've never cared about being within COSC. I switch watches within 2 or 3 days max, so don't practically notice the difference between +1 and +7

Of course, +28 or -34 are a whole different story. But to me, it's most important that the damn movement doesn't break down after a year, or stops auto-winding, etc.

GMTFanboy

Known Member
Certified
21/2/20
East Coast U.S.A
Personally, I've never cared about being within COSC. I switch watches within 2 or 3 days max, so don't practically notice the difference between +1 and +7

Of course, +28 or -34 are a whole different story. But to me, it's most important that the damn movement doesn't break down after a year, or stops auto-winding, etc.
That’s a great point and a great reminder that it isn’t so bad! Thanks!

Carrick1

30/8/15
Got this as a reply from a TD when I asked if the new ARF had a SH or VR movement-
“Please note that SH and VR3135 movements are the same and they come from Shanghai”

Are they right?