• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF and ZF Royal Oak 15500 w 4302 clone caliber

trongducmen

Horology Curious
18/1/23
Canada
Hi! Jumping on this thread, to give my humble opinion on blue dials.

I have both APSF and ZF, and talking ONLY about the blue dial, in real life on sunlight there is no comparison between both. Both are different from Gen of course, but ZF as more sunburst and the APSF is almost mat. I tried to do picture but at home with Classic light is not ideal and I was not able to capture the différence properly.

I think ZF is more AP accurate with the sunburst, anyone who knows AP, know that there is something wrong about APSF dial. Unfortunatly I have not been able to compare with Gen, and last 15500 blue dial gen I ve seen was 5 years ago and can’t remember exactly what blue it was. And of course, no need to compare to internet pictures as AP are totally different in real life.

I ordered a SW dial to see it in real life, I think it is really to dark like midnight blue, very close to the 16202 or the 15202 special edition pre anniversary with the « bleu nuit » dial which was not the same as the actual color on 15510. I will swap it on my APSF (which has been modded by the best, and it is perfect except the dial) as I can’t wear it with the APSF dial. I know it is different from Gen, but even, for people who knows/own AP it is definitely more AP style. And if I don’t like I will put the ZF dial.

Thanks for reading my big block 😅, Hope it will help!

Is the one on the left is ZF? As I heard that APSF just updated their dial but haven’t seen a blue recently

Endez

Patron
Certified
21/12/13
Is the one on the left is ZF? As I heard that APSF just updated their dial but haven’t seen a blue recently

Mine is the last APSF blue dial, sunburst is still no good at all

speedywombat

Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
New APSF blue dial, second pic is to capture sunburst, sorry for the quality as it was taken from a vid screen cap.

Endez

Patron
Certified
21/12/13
New APSF blue dial, second pic is to capture sunburst, sorry for the quality as it was taken from a vid screen cap.

Sunburst is really bad on APSF. If no light, color is not that bad. I will do this week-end pic comparison in daylight for both

Reactions: speedywombat

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Hi! Jumping on this thread, to give my humble opinion on blue dials.

I have both APSF and ZF, and talking ONLY about the blue dial, in real life on sunlight there is no comparison between both. Both are different from Gen of course, but ZF as more sunburst and the APSF is almost mat. I tried to do picture but at home with Classic light is not ideal and I was not able to capture the différence properly.

I think ZF is more AP accurate with the sunburst, anyone who knows AP, know that there is something wrong about APSF dial. Unfortunatly I have not been able to compare with Gen, and last 15500 blue dial gen I ve seen was 5 years ago and can’t remember exactly what blue it was. And of course, no need to compare to internet pictures as AP are totally different in real life.

I ordered a SW dial to see it in real life, I think it is really to dark like midnight blue, very close to the 16202 or the 15202 special edition pre anniversary with the « bleu nuit » dial which was not the same as the actual color on 15510. I will swap it on my APSF (which has been modded by the best, and it is perfect except the dial) as I can’t wear it with the APSF dial. I know it is different from Gen, but even, for people who knows/own AP it is definitely more AP style. And if I don’t like I will put the ZF dial.

Thanks for reading my big block 😅, Hope it will help!

Lemme guess, left is stock ZF and right is SW?

speedywombat

Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
I think APSF updated their blue dial and you can tell from photos the new dial version has continued Tapesserie construction towards the left edge of the watch, closer to gen. The old version stops right before the edge.

Pics posted below. old version (first pic) vs new version (second pic)

BillyMadison

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
26/4/16
Anyone have a newer grey dial? I spent all AM going through this thread and didn't see much grey.

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
I received my second set of QR pics for APSF 15500 white dial from Puretime. In the fist set (shown earlier in this thread) the 4, 5, and 6 markers were off-center. In this second set, the bezel screws are misaligned. It looks like the screws may be too small for the bezel holes, and they turn too far when tightened? The 2 and 10 o'clock screws look like the line may have been made off-center, but it's hard to tell from the quality of pics taken. The AP symbol is also slightly mis-aligned, but I could have lived with that one. I also ordered an APSF 15720, and that one seemed to have better quality control.

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
I think APSF updated their blue dial and you can tell from photos the new dial version has continued Tapesserie construction towards the left edge of the watch, closer to gen. The old version stops right before the edge.

Pics posted below. old version (first pic) vs new version (second pic)
If they updated the blue dial, they haven't updated the white. The pictures from my latest QC above still have the tapesserie gap on the left edge.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
You gotta be kidding...those screws are not screwed down.. you cannot turn something hexagonal... besides, the angle of the pictures is never dead straight...

Reactions: Endez

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
I received my second set of QR pics for APSF 15500 white dial from Puretime. In the fist set (shown earlier in this thread) the 4, 5, and 6 markers were off-center. In this second set, the bezel screws are misaligned. It looks like the screws may be too small for the bezel holes, and they turn too far when tightened? The 2 and 10 o'clock screws look like the line may have been made off-center, but it's hard to tell from the quality of pics taken. The AP symbol is also slightly mis-aligned, but I could have lived with that one. I also ordered an APSF 15720, and that one seemed to have better quality control.

The APS sticker is also crooked. You should tell them to straighten it

speedywombat

Supporter
Certified
29/7/23

Haha believe it or not that also bothered me a little. The screws are not screwed down and they're hexagonal, but they have a teensy bit of "wiggle room" and I adjusted mine. Mine used to look just like yours, especially for the top part.

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
You gotta be kidding...those screws are not screwed down.. you cannot turn something hexagonal... besides, the angle of the pictures is never dead straight...
Lol. Apologies if my keen eye and desire to get a good product for my $550 offends you. It's odd how some people critique others for refusing obviously flawed watches while at the same time the pics of other watches posted in this thread and the forum in general are of relatively perfect specimens. Either everyone else is refusing watches with crooked alignment, or they're refusing to post pictures of them after shelling out the cash. Something tells me it's the former rather than the latter.

That being said, thanks @speedywombat for letting me know that they can be adjusted a bit. I know the screw part is on the bottom of the watch, but without having one in hand I don't know how much "wiggle room" there is to adjust. Again, personal preferences, but I'd rather not experiment with my money, especially since so many people in this thread alone have received better looking watches.

Reactions: joeyc

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
Lol. Apologies if my keen eye and desire to get a good product for my $550 offends you. It's odd how some people critique others for refusing obviously flawed watches while at the same time the pics of other watches posted in this thread and the forum in general are of relatively perfect specimens. Either everyone else is refusing watches with crooked alignment, or they're refusing to post pictures of them after shelling out the cash. Something tells me it's the former rather than the latter.

That being said, thanks @speedywombat for letting me know that they can be adjusted a bit. I know the screw part is on the bottom of the watch, but without having one in hand I don't know how much "wiggle room" there is to adjust. Again, personal preferences, but I'd rather not experiment with my money, especially since so many people in this thread alone have received better looking watches.
If it bothers you reject it. You might be rejecting a few though.

Reactions: fletch512