• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF and ZF Royal Oak 15500 w 4302 clone caliber

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I remember legend posting this before, I’m 99% sure he said 15400 used white gold screws 15500 is stainless. Please correct me if I’m wrong, that’s one thing I would not change, I’d wear as is and put the money into a rebrushing if needed. I just ordered my apsf 15500 blue dial
Yes sir. The earlier batches of 15400 used white gold screws and the later batches all use stainless steel screws. All 15500 use stainless steel screws.

germanynrw

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
5/11/22
Germany
I remember legend posting this before, I’m 99% sure he said 15400 used white gold screws 15500 is stainless. Please correct me if I’m wrong, that’s one thing I would not change, I’d wear as is and put the money into a rebrushing if needed. I just ordered my apsf 15500 blue dial
Did you receive qc‘s? Im excited of the dial.

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
Puretime website has nice pics of new dials on frosted models.
I've been waiting about 6 weeks for QC pics from puretime. They did respond that it would be another 1-2 weeks for APSF silver dial (ZF is in stock). Will post pics when I get them.

Reactions: joeyc

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc
Yes sir. The earlier batches of 15400 used white gold screws and the later batches all use stainless steel screws. All 15500 use stainless steel screws.
See I’m learning from you! Thank you sir

Reactions: legend

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I have the gen white and this white is so off.

I don't think there's a rep with anything remotely close to the gen white color
No there won't, considering the method the gens dials are made. However, I've got an older JF 15400 with a white dial which I'm quite satisfied with.

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
No there won't, considering the method the gens dials are made. However, I've got an older JF 15400 with a white dial which I'm quite satisfied with.

IRL the updated white dials are quite good, and there are variations in the gen batches, as well.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
IRL the updated white dials are quite good, and there are variations in the gen batches, as well.
when did they update the white dial? And are you talking about APSF or ZF?
The ZF I had a few months ago has a crap white. The shine is like aluminum like this aps one in the photo.

the Gen white I have the white is really silky and beautiful .

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc
The ZF I had a few months ago has a crap white. The shine is like aluminum like this aps one in the photo.

Here’s mine apsf 15500 v3.5 lol just screwing around it’s a v3 I think and hope from li at jtime, pics don’t do it justice. I’m very happy with the way it looks! Just have an issue I have to work out with the minute hand being loose- FedEx threw the box and it was alittle crushed. I too got it Friday

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc

Send me the Gen, I just want to compare and I’ll send it right back lol

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Here’s mine apsf 15500 v3.5 lol just screwing around it’s a v3 I think and hope from li at jtime, pics don’t do it justice. I’m very happy with the way it looks! Just have an issue I have to work out with the minute hand being loose- FedEx threw the box and it was alittle crushed. I too got it Friday
I was talking about the white one. Not the blue.