• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF and ZF Royal Oak 15500 w 4302 clone caliber

VII

I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse
Supporter
Certified
14/10/23
Geneva
somewhat "too" shiny in a way?

VII

I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse
Supporter
Certified
14/10/23
Geneva
If you ask me the white and the black dial look "new" and different than previous models. I've received the black model this week, very mat color and little sunburst. On the other hand, my modded DP dial looks kinda similar to the new black model, but still less shiny compared to the photos of the frost bling bling model.

Reactions: leo6929

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
If you ask me the white and the black dial look "new" and different than previous models. I've received the black model this week, very mat color and little sunburst. On the other hand, my modded DP dial looks kinda similar to the new black model, but still less shiny compared to the photos of the frost bling bling model.
The gen 15500 blue, black and grey dials have some sunburst finish which is visible under certain lighting and angles but they are by no means that glossy, you’re right. The gen silver dial though has a lot of sunburst and maybe because of the larger dial vs the 15400, the silver 15500 looks very bling in person and the pic shown by the gentleman above seems to show the silver dial being depicted very accurately vs gen IMHO.

DamanC

Getting To Know The Place
4/10/21
UK
I have just hit the button on a APSF Blue 15500 - In theory, if there is a "new" blue dial, it will show up in my QC.........

c617252838

Do not accept unsolicited offers
20/10/17
Where you get this picture?
This is a screenshot of the frosted 15500 review video I found on Chinese youtube.

Reactions: benissimo

DamanC

4/10/21
UK

QC in - To me, it looks like there is more of a sunburst compared to the older ASPF blue dials and the dial is lighter in general, more akin to the ZF V3 dial?

Side note, what do we all think of the 12 hour markers? Am I going to get much better than that?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The blue looks new - more of a sunburst?
It really doesn’t matter if it’s a v1 dial or v56 dial. The dial will likely look good on the watch in real life and that’s what matters. It’s largely a matter of preference. The gen dial is crafted differently and as such it’ll always look different no matter what color they put on it. As long as you understand and accept this, you’ll have a nice and well finished watch to wear on the wrist which looks somewhat like an AP but priced significantly less. If you manage your expectations well, it’s a fun watch to wear and a lot of bang for the buck. I can of course tell it’s a rep dial but
what matters in is that I think it will look good in real life, and your own preference.

Note on the QC pics: it is your watch and you can decide on the alignment yourself. You can see it and decide if it’s good and if you can’t, the opinion of forum members won’t matter. The next piece may or may not be better. It is your watch, and you should decide on it. I personally see no reason to post QC pics at all in the forum but I get it why some do so. All the best for your new purchase!

locvs

Supporter
Certified
7/12/20
Germany
Personally I don’t see any improvement in the new blue ASPF dial vs ZF. These might show in a side by side comparison.

The white dial is noticeably better.

DamanC

4/10/21
UK
It really doesn’t matter if it’s a v1 dial or v56 dial. The dial will likely look good on the watch in real life and that’s what matters. It’s largely a matter of preference. The gen dial is crafted differently and as such it’ll always look different no matter what color they put on it. As long as you understand and accept this, you’ll have a nice and well finished watch to wear on the wrist which looks somewhat like an AP but priced significantly less. If you manage your expectations well, it’s a fun watch to wear and a lot of bang for the buck. I can of course tell it’s a rep dial but
what matters in is that I think it will look good in real life, and your own preference.

Note on the QC pics: it is your watch and you can decide on the alignment yourself. You can see it and decide if it’s good and if you can’t, the opinion of forum members won’t matter. The next piece may or may not be better. It is your watch, and you should decide on it. I personally see no reason to post QC pics at all in the forum but I get it why some do so. All the best for your new purchase!

Totally understood and understood before posting, this is more of a "is it a new version?" and if so, thought it may be interesting to other members given the APSF dial is its weaker point compared to say the ZF V3. Personally, what I have posted "looks" different to what APSF have put out in the past however, I am no expert (despite spending probably a dozen hours looking at other examples) so rather than bleat out "look a new dial" this would enable other members to chime in and if it helps one person make a decision or grant them better knowledge then its a win win imo.

I doubt we will ever see a rep dial as good as gen, the reps are OK and arguably passable. In an ideal world, my gen would have arrived but alas 3 years have passed......

Reactions: legend

benissimo

Known Member
3/6/21
EU

QC in - To me, it looks like there is more of a sunburst compared to the older ASPF blue dials and the dial is lighter in general, more akin to the ZF V3 dial?

Side note, what do we all think of the 12 hour markers? Am I going to get much better than that?
IMO you still have the old APSF blue dial. The new one in the video above looks much darker.

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
I was told that the new dials are on pre-order to TD's currently and not yet being released. I assume that the factory has stock of the current dial versions that need to be sold before they let the new ones out.

Reactions: VII

nicholaskk

26/11/22
APSF new dials for 15500 is white and for other colours only for frost gold 15500 at the moment. Guess it will only be released after the old stock sold out.