• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF and ZF Royal Oak 15500 w 4302 clone caliber

Huss.A

Getting To Know The Place
8/12/23
I think Legend , speak about this before. That's later patches uses SS screws. But not sure if its going to look better with plated screws.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I think Legend , speak about this before. That's later patches uses SS screws. But not sure if its going to look better with plated screws.
Yes the gen 15500 uses polished stainless steel screws so you can high-polish the screws if you want to achieve the same look. But of course it’s your watch and you decide what looks “better”.

Reactions: Huss.A

Huss.A

8/12/23
Yes the gen 15500 uses polished stainless steel screws so you can high-polish the screws if you want to achieve the same look. But of course it’s your watch and you decide what looks “better”.
Thank you so much for your help, really appreciate it.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
for the blue dial, is ZF v3 or APSF better?
Personally, I prefer the latest APSF dial. As with all dials they are not perfect, but they look decent. I do not know if ZF updated their dials so speaking based on the latest versions I’ve seen.

Reactions: Kettle1

Kettle1

Certified
27/12/22
United Kingdom
Please explain what is colour modification, is it similar or the same as what AMF does to their ZF 15202 dials?
Legend performed the mod on my 15500 which improved the colour and light reflection significantly. cannot remember the process they use, but essentially the dial is removed from the case and carefully lacquered. However, if your not looking for mods, off the shelf zf is the way to go imo

Last edited:
Reactions: gilrob

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Legend performed the mod on my 15500 which improved the colour and light reflection significantly. cannot remember the process they use, but essentially the dial is removed from the case and carefully lacquered. However, if your not looking for mods, off the shelf zf is the way to go imo
Thank you.

speedywombat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
He told me that his is new gray version? Seems like that's not it for me? Looks black actually?
First pic is under direct light, second pic is not

fletch512

9/5/06
Has anyone received APSF QC pics recently? I’ve been waiting for almost 5 weeks from a trusted TD for APSF 15500 (silver dial) and the RO diver. Curious whether there's an APSF backlog or if it's some other issue.

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
Has anyone received APSF QC pics recently? I’ve been waiting for almost 5 weeks from a trusted TD for APSF 15500 (silver dial) and the RO diver. Curious whether there's an APSF backlog or if it's some other issue.

My guess is that everyone is asking their TD's for the new APS dials. APS are telling TD's that they are not releasing the new dials until they clear existing stocks of current / old dials. TD's don't want to loose the order because they know their customer only wants the new dial, so.... Catch 22 = delays.

Reactions: Roguetheory

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU

Yes, I received QC’s for a “new” silver dial 15500 which as the poster above speculated, I rejected for crooked dial markers. I received those pics on the 18th of December, until now no new watch unfortunately.

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
Feb 9th / Feb 10th but they usually take holidays before that, I stand correct but it's about a week before that.

Reactions: joeyc

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/1/08
Nyc
Do you guys think there need for gold plated screws?
I remember legend posting this before, I’m 99% sure he said 15400 used white gold screws 15500 is stainless. Please correct me if I’m wrong, that’s one thing I would not change, I’d wear as is and put the money into a rebrushing if needed. I just ordered my apsf 15500 blue dial

Reactions: germanynrw