• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF and ZF Royal Oak 15500 w 4302 clone caliber

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc
I was talking about the white one. Not the blue.
Im sorry i just wanted to show off my brushing so legend would tell me I don’t need a rebrushing and Im crazy and to save the money and stick it out of my pockets lol

Luca_1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
17/1/24
Germany
Hey guys,
I just received my QC from Steve (great service as usual).

I am thinking of rejecting this watch, after comparing it to other QCs in this Thread. To me the 6 and 9 o clock indexes are misaligned and some Screws in the Bezel are looking crooked, all of the before posted watches looked better in those aspects imo.
What do you think?
HgyHxv.jpeg

Reactions: joeyc

Luca_1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
17/1/24
Germany
Here is another Pic.
Sorry, I forgot to mention, it is a ZF V3
HgyhW1.jpeg

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Hey guys,

I am thinking of rejecting this watch, after comparing it to other QCs in this Thread. To me the 6 and 9 o clock indexes are misaligned and some Screws in the Bezel are looking crooked, all of the before posted watches looked better in those aspects imo.
What do you think?
HgyHxv.jpeg
Yes, 6 o'clock marker looks assimetric to Swiss made printing but idk how gens look like (not my fav model).

Reactions: Luca_1

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc
Oh gotcha! Why didn’t you get the ZF instead?
A few reasons, I’ve seen better brushing on the apsf and less sharp edges on the braclet but the brushing varies by batch. I believe it’s slightly newer, not sure if the blue dial is different the zf, also it’s what legend recommends for 15500

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc
Hey guys,

What do you think?
HgyHxv.jpeg
Not to be a ball buster but those screws look high to me

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
Here are some QC pics for the APSF silver dial. I rejected the watch because the 4, 5, and 6 o'clock markers are off-center in relation to the inner chapter ring. Looks like a beautiful watch, but the QC with the markers and AP alignment seems to plague this model.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
@yeetder I’ve removed your QC pics until you tell me that it’s approved or you can clarify your intentions if you have questions on it. Thanks.

Reactions: joeyc

APgoinpsycho

Horology Curious
12/11/19
Is all of the APSF 15500 being sold by dealers now with the new dial / are things still backed up from CNY? Just pulled the trigger on a black dial. My first rep purchase in a while so still getting up to speed on the nuances. Will post what I get.

speedywombat

Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
Curious if anyone got the newer APSF 15500 aside from the white dial.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Here are some QC pics for the APSF silver dial. I rejected the watch because the 4, 5, and 6 o'clock markers are off-center in relation to the inner chapter ring. Looks like a beautiful watch, but the QC with the markers and AP alignment seems to plague this model.

The 15500 silver dial is beautiful. I personally believe that it’s the color which balances the sportiness of the case the best with its shine and luster.

Endez

Patron
Certified
21/12/13
Hi! Jumping on this thread, to give my humble opinion on blue dials.

I have both APSF and ZF, and talking ONLY about the blue dial, in real life on sunlight there is no comparison between both. Both are different from Gen of course, but ZF as more sunburst and the APSF is almost mat. I tried to do picture but at home with Classic light is not ideal and I was not able to capture the différence properly.

I think ZF is more AP accurate with the sunburst, anyone who knows AP, know that there is something wrong about APSF dial. Unfortunatly I have not been able to compare with Gen, and last 15500 blue dial gen I ve seen was 5 years ago and can’t remember exactly what blue it was. And of course, no need to compare to internet pictures as AP are totally different in real life.

I ordered a SW dial to see it in real life, I think it is really to dark like midnight blue, very close to the 16202 or the 15202 special edition pre anniversary with the « bleu nuit » dial which was not the same as the actual color on 15510. I will swap it on my APSF (which has been modded by the best, and it is perfect except the dial) as I can’t wear it with the APSF dial. I know it is different from Gen, but even, for people who knows/own AP it is definitely more AP style. And if I don’t like I will put the ZF dial.

Thanks for reading my big block 😅, Hope it will help!

Endez

Patron
Certified
21/12/13
Hi! Jumping on this thread, to give my humble opinion on blue dials.

I have both APSF and ZF, and talking ONLY about the blue dial, in real life on sunlight there is no comparison between both. Both are different from Gen of course, but ZF as more sunburst and the APSF is almost mat. I tried to do picture but at home with Classic light is not ideal and I was not able to capture the différence properly.

I think ZF is more AP accurate with the sunburst, anyone who knows AP, know that there is something wrong about APSF dial. Unfortunatly I have not been able to compare with Gen, and last 15500 blue dial gen I ve seen was 5 years ago and can’t remember exactly what blue it was. And of course, no need to compare to internet pictures as AP are totally different in real life.

I ordered a SW dial to see it in real life, I think it is really to dark like midnight blue, very close to the 16202 or the 15202 special edition pre anniversary with the « bleu nuit » dial which was not the same as the actual color on 15510. I will swap it on my APSF (which has been modded by the best, and it is perfect except the dial) as I can’t wear it with the APSF dial. I know it is different from Gen, but even, for people who knows/own AP it is definitely more AP style. And if I don’t like I will put the ZF dial.

Thanks for reading my big block 😅, Hope it will help!

The SW looks black on the pic but it’s blue, but really dark. Adding QC pic where you can see better

Reactions: Dienekes