• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF and ZF Royal Oak 15500 w 4302 clone caliber

speedywombat

Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
Lol. Apologies if my keen eye and desire to get a good product for my $550 offends you. It's odd how some people critique others for refusing obviously flawed watches while at the same time the pics of other watches posted in this thread and the forum in general are of relatively perfect specimens. Either everyone else is refusing watches with crooked alignment, or they're refusing to post pictures of them after shelling out the cash. Something tells me it's the former rather than the latter.

That being said, thanks @speedywombat for letting me know that they can be adjusted a bit. I know the screw part is on the bottom of the watch, but without having one in hand I don't know how much "wiggle room" there is to adjust. Again, personal preferences, but I'd rather not experiment with my money, especially since so many people in this thread alone have received better looking watches.
No problem friend, good luck with your new watch!
Just so you know, these damn watches scratches so damn easily. I swear even putting it in the box the watch acquires scratches by itself :LOL:

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
Out come the red lines. Next up are the straight lines through the indices 🤣

Don't worry we've all been there.

• Haha
Reactions: leo6929

68snoopy

Horology Curious
24/2/24
I just got the ZF 15500 white dial. It is perfect as it wears slightly smaller than my 15400. Thinking of getting the APSF version in white as well. I am not sure about the blue dial as it looks a bit too light in pictures that I have seen.

Rafapimpo

Horology Curious
25/3/24
I don’t know which one to buy in blue, Im new in this, as I have read, ZF is slightly better than APSF, 15400 or 15510 from ZF both at andiotwatches.
Attached an 15510 ZF image, what do you guys think? Thank you!

Rafapimpo

Horology Curious
25/3/24
I don’t know which one to buy in blue, Im new in this, as I have read, ZF is slightly better than APSF, 15400 or 15510 from ZF both at andiotwatches.
Attached an 15510 ZF image, what do you guys think? Thank you!

BillyMadison

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
26/4/16
I just approved my black dial 15500 from APSF. The dial looks kinda unremarkable in the lighting used in the photos, but TD confirmed it's the updated dial.

I can't quite tell from the QC photos if the 6 o'clock marker is slightly off. Might just be the angle of the camera. Some photos look a little off, others look fine. Also a little hard to tell if some of the bezel nuts will need to be adjusted for alignment or height.

Ultimately, nothing worth RLing IMO. Just want to get it in hand to accurately assess and mod if/as needed.

Reactions: joeyc

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
I can't quite tell from the QC photos if the 6 o'clock marker is slightly off. Might just be the angle of the camera. Some photos look a little off, others look fine. Also a little hard to tell if some of the bezel nuts will need to be adjusted for alignment or height.

Ultimately, nothing worth RLing IMO. Just want to get it in hand to accurately assess and mod if/as needed.

Yeah, the 6 o'clock marker seems a little too far to the right - a common problem with APSF (I rejected a watch because the 4, 5, and 6 markers were off-center). Also, the bezel holes for the hexagonal "screws" are slightly too large in the recent batches of this watch. In the close-up there is a noticeable gap between the screw and the bezel because it gets twisted a few degrees too far counterclockwise when being adjusted from the bottom, if that makes sense. This wasn't as present in the earlier APSF watches, and not at all in the ZF watches. I like the tapisserie pattern on the APSF, but the quality control issues makes me wish I had ordered a ZF instead.

speedywombat

Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
Yeah, the 6 o'clock marker seems a little too far to the right - a common problem with APSF (I rejected a watch because the 4, 5, and 6 markers were off-center). Also, the bezel holes for the hexagonal "screws" are slightly too large in the recent batches of this watch. In the close-up there is a noticeable gap between the screw and the bezel because it gets twisted a few degrees too far counterclockwise when being adjusted from the bottom, if that makes sense. This wasn't as present in the earlier APSF watches, and not at all in the ZF watches. I like the tapisserie pattern on the APSF, but the quality control issues makes me wish I had ordered a ZF instead.
That's a great point regarding the APSF bezel screws. No wonder the screws on APSF are often not aligned properly, as there are more "wiggle room" for them.

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18

That's a great attitude.

I'd love to see pictures in sunlight when you receive it - IMO the QC pictures don't give me any confidence that it is the updated dial but would love to be wrong.

speedywombat

Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
That's a great attitude.

I'd love to see pictures in sunlight when you receive it - IMO the QC pictures don't give me any confidence that it is the updated dial but would love to be wrong.
It is the updated dial, easy tell is that the updated dial's pattern partially extends to the left side of the watch as you can see in the pic below. The non-updated dial stops abruptly before that part, posted it as well below on the right.

Reactions: GeneralRep

BillyMadison

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
26/4/16
That's a great attitude.

Felt the same way. Hope to be proven wrong in-person. Will share either way.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
So after 50 pages whats the concensus?

Which is the better one APSF or ZF?
No need for consensus, as both are reps and unless you’re wearing them to pass them off as gens, you can buy what you prefer, they will both look good on the wrist for $500 watches. Don’t worry too much sir, the wearer maketh the watch.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I just ordered a ZF 15500 from Jtime. Will post QC pics here as soon as they are received.
No need please, it’s your watch and the community need not be involved.
Post pics ONLY if you have specific concerns, else please keep them to yourself.

Reactions: joeyc and Mazod

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc
No need please, it’s your watch and the community need not be involved.
Post pics ONLY if you have specific concerns, else please keep them to yourself.
But I need to tell him if he needs a rebrushing, lol. As usual legend is right, I have the apsf blue dial 15500 and could not be happier, the zf is great too- out of the box is Phenomal- however due to the construction process of the dial the tapestry Can never be exact nor the sunburst effect. It’s good real good, and the blue 15500 there’s like 3 different shades of oem blue dials. Only way you’d tell is if someone has gen and you compare the dials, Wear it and enjoy it and dont worry it’s a very well made watch. Gen blue dial is like 6k- not worth it for me :)

Reactions: Rantanplan

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc
Lol. Apologies if my keen eye and desire to get a good product for my $550 offends you. It's odd how some people critique others for refusing obviously flawed watches while at the same time the pics of other watches posted in this thread and the forum in general are of relatively perfect specimens. Either everyone else is refusing watches with crooked alignment, or they're refusing to post pictures of them after shelling out the cash. Something tells me it's the former rather than the latter.

That being said, thanks @speedywombat for letting me know that they can be adjusted a bit. I know the screw part is on the bottom of the watch, but without having one in hand I don't know how much "wiggle room" there is to adjust. Again, personal preferences, but I'd rather not experiment with my money, especially since so many people in this thread alone have received better looking watches.
Dude my apsf was Perfecto out of the box from jtime 15500 blue dial, minus the fact that FedEx express threw the box and I had to send it to Michael to have the hand stack fixed since the minute hand was loose lol