• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF and ZF Royal Oak 15500 w 4302 clone caliber

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
Alright, you wankers. Here are some comparison pics for you. Within each collage, left is the new APS dial, upper right is DP, and lower right is the old APS dial.

APS's improvement over the old dial is very significant. It's absolutely a night and day difference. I've had every APS 15500 model and every ZF 15500 model. As far as this white dial model is concerned, I now prefer APS over ZF by a large margin.

In regards to whether or not the DP dial is still worth it -- for me, the answer is yes. On the DP, the sunburst is still much more pronounced (even though the new APS looks great), which I like, and the printing is better. Additionally, on this latest APSF batch, there are a number of common QC issues I've been seeing. I GL'd one that looked good to me apart from having the "AP" being very crooked since I figured I could just fix it myself (which I did, and I destroyed the old APS dial by practicing on it before my successful attempt on the new APS).

Last edited:

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Alright, you wankers. Here are some comparison pics for you. Within each collage, left is the new APS dial, upper right is DP, and lower right is the old APS dial.

APS's improvement over the old dial is very significant. It's absolutely a night and day difference. I've had every APS 15500 model and every ZF 15500 model. As far as this white dial model is concerned, I now prefer APS over ZF by a large margin.

In regards to whether or not the DP dial is still worth it -- for me, the answer is yes. On the DP, the sunburst is still much more pronounced (even though the new APS looks great), which I like, and the printing is better. Additionally, on this latest APSF batch, there are a number of common QC issues I've been seeing. I GL'd one that looked good to me apart from having the "AP" being very crooked since I figured I could just fix it myself (which I did, and I destroyed the old APS dial by practicing on it before my successful attempt on the new APS).
Great review. Yeah no point in ZF since the main advantage of ZF was dial. Hopefully they release updated grey, black, and blue dials too!

Reactions: Victorparis92

Pure78

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
Certified
23/2/22

Which problems did you encounter in the latest apsf batch?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

The new APSF dial is done well enough. It is still not a 1:1 dial vs gen but it is enough to make the watch believable as an AP in real life. Thank you for sharing.
I do own the gen silver 15500 and I think this looks close enough. I stopped wearing the gen 15500s though as I much prefer the 15510 now.
Enjoy the watch I think it’s a lot of value for whatever you paid!

suppish

Supporter
Certified
1/10/17
I actually like the APS more than the DP from the pics above. The sunburst looks too strong and almost mirror like. Not sure which is more gen like as I’ve only seen black dial 15550 irl

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I actually like the APS more than the DP from the pics above. The sunburst looks too strong and almost mirror like. Not sure which is more gen like as I’ve only seen black dial 15550 irl
I can assure you that none of them looks gen if you know what to look for. They are better in different details yes but all are reps and should be enjoyed as such.

Reactions: Victorparis92

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Hi from where did you got it? I ordered from puretime 2 months ago and they told me they are being delayed because zf factory is slow
Yes all ZF is slow right now changing dealers wont change anything. I have an order for a ZF 33mm I've been waiting 2 months for. Normal stuff.

Reactions: Skyblob91

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
The new APSF dial is done well enough. It is still not a 1:1 dial vs gen but it is enough to make the watch believable as an AP in real life. Thank you for sharing.
I do own the gen silver 15500 and I think this looks close enough. I stopped wearing the gen 15500s though as I much prefer the 15510 now.
Enjoy the watch I think it’s a lot of value for whatever you paid!
You stopped wearing your gens? Do you now wear a gen 15510 or a zf/ APSF?

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU

This one looks great. Dealers don’t seem to have changed the pictures on their website yet.