• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Apsf 15450

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
Did legend do anything to the dial or just the screws, hands and bracelet polishing?

How is the apsf screws and movement?
This is the list of mods he made: Hand base thin/bevel, rotor silenced, bracelet+case bevel/polish, align bezel screws, waterproof 6atm.

Also he took away the pizza shape on the hour hand base hehe

The apsf screws are ok, ant he movement i s great, it has a very good power reserve (between 24 hr and 35hr), the ZF has a very bad power reserve (5-10 hours)

AU-jkho

Getting To Know The Place
9/10/23
Sydney, Australia
So back on the topic of APSF... just to summarise: is the consensus that for all colours of the dials (blue, grey, black and white), the text (dial print) and dial colours seem a bit washed out?

DP dials having more sunburst, however still incorrect geometry compared to Gen?

diddykongracing

19/12/22
your mom's house
So back on the topic of APSF... just to summarise: is the consensus that for all colours of the dials (blue, grey, black and white), the text (dial print) and dial colours seem a bit washed out?

DP dials having more sunburst, however still incorrect geometry compared to Gen?
as far as I understand, yes. DP dials always have better sunburst than rep factory stock, but often have different flaws , usually dial printing and other issues.

I would love to know the answer to your question about ZF and their planned 15450 or if that's even real. AFAIK, people seem to like APSF 15450 reps with the exception of the dial. If you can get a gen dial, that seems like a way to move a good rep to a great rep. ZF is loved because their 15500 and 15400s are solid.

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Looks good, but IMHO the availability of these new and improved dials from various makers is another rabbit hole. I hope these replica dial makers come out with a clear cut acceptable version. I realize it won't be perfect when compared to the gen.

Picasso74

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
2/6/20
Italy Pordenone
For me is all very nice and well done, movement is silent and run well, the only flaw is the slow date change, but is yet known

Kitaro

5/12/19
I have ordered Apsf 15450 with DP blue dial. It’s on the way to me. As soon as I have it will post picks

Reactions: 992TurboS

diddykongracing

19/12/22
your mom's house
DP dials are a little too sunbursty for my taste, but they are world's better than stock IMO and they correct the tilted 'AP' which happens in a lot of ZF and apsf reps

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Considering the asking price of the gen blue dial is over USD 5k I think DP's efforts are respectable.
Just because the gen has a high very value doesn't mean that a rep can compare with that price.

JF once made a dial pretty decent blue dial but it wasn't anywhere near DP's price. But sure, if you have an itch and want the best right now, and some doesn't have an upper limit even if's still quite far from gen.

I wanted this first but for me personally I can't justify spending more money on a rep dial than some gen Rolex dials costs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark1937