• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Apsf 15450

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Just because the gen has a high very value doesn't mean that a rep can compare with that price.

JF once made a dial pretty decent blue dial but it wasn't anywhere near DP's price. But sure, if you have scratch and want the best right now, and some doesn't have an upper limit even if's still quite far from gen.

I wanted this first but for my personally I can't justify spending more money on a rep dial than some gen Rolex dials costs.
Yeah, that's the way how the rep games go around when some gen watch models are overhyped and overpriced. 😂

Reactions: kroenen

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Just because the gen has a high very value doesn't mean that a rep can compare with that price.

JF once made a dial pretty decent blue dial but it wasn't anywhere near DP's price. But sure, if you have scratch and want the best right now, and some doesn't have an upper limit even if's still quite far from gen.

I wanted this first but for my personally I can't justify spending more money on a rep dial than some gen Rolex dials costs.
Btw, I have a gen blue 15450 dial and I think DP did a great job with their dial. Imho it's one of their greatest dials and one of the greatest APRO rep dials I've ever seen.

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Btw, I have a gen blue 15450 dial and I think DP did a great job with their dial. Imho it's one of their greatest dials and one of the greatest APRO rep dials I've ever seen.
Im sure it's fine and if people think it's worth the premium price then buy it. But new members might want to know that this is in fact a high for a rep dial and if a better version of 15450 will be released the value of APSF + this dial will sink like a stone.

If you have the gen watch and this dial installed in another watch I think we all would be very happy about some comparison shots so you can show how great it is in different lightning

Last edited:

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Considering the asking price of the gen blue dial is over USD 5k I think DP's efforts are respectable.
So since AP is about 5 times the price of Rolex and 10 times the price of Omega the rep price/parts should be accordingly with that logic :unsure:

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Im sure it's fine and if people think it's worth the premium price then buy it. But new members might want to know that this is in fact a high for a rep dial and if a better version of 15450 will be released the value of APSF + this dial will sink like a stone.

If you have the gen watch and this dial installed in another watch I think we all would be very happy about some comparison shots so you can show how great it is in different lightning
I'm not going to procure blue 15450 rep dials. Nevertheless, I'd be more than happy if someone sent me a DP dial so that I could take comparison pics.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
So since AP is about 5 times the price of Rolex and 10 times the price of Omega the rep price/parts should be accordingly with that logic :unsure:
Haha, you're right. However, the point is that at the moment the price of good quality APRO (and Nautilus) custom rep dials is around USD 300. Fortunately there is enough and increasing amount of information about these dials on RWI so that everyone can decide whether or not they are worth to buy.

magge87

Getting To Know The Place
Certified
6/12/17
Nice watches in general, but you always have to look for flaws

SEEKnDESTROY

Getting To Know The Place
12/3/21
Seems like all rep 15450 dials including DP still cant get the correct length for the 12 markers(Too long!), something thats a instant tell for me with the 15450

My gen dial for reference here:
Yea, shame, such a minor fix, not sure why it is big deal for them. This is the whole reason I am inclined to get a gen dial.