• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Sabastian Buemi is on

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Until I get a Domi 2XAR XTAL for it and swap a better date-wheel into it, I am not wearing the J12 SB. Everything else is great, but those two things irritate me every time I put the thing on: Xtal and DW. (Not counting the length of the small hands being too long, which I will fix one day). GLWS sharrkey. (I just bought something from him as well.)

iliketowatch

Renowned Member
20/7/12
Until I get a Domi 2XAR XTAL for it and swap a better date-wheel into it, I am not wearing the J12 SB. Everything else is great, but those two things irritate me every time I put the thing on: Xtal and DW. (Not counting the length of the small hands being too long, which I will fix one day). GLWS sharrkey. (I just bought something from him as well.)

I thought the standard xtals we all just ordered from guru didn't fit these? Is there another group buy for these?

Also, whats wrong with the DW?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Standard crystal won't fit Sb as it's totally different, here's a pic of the sapphire

y2y8y6em.jpg

e7u7ena7.jpg

No press needed to remove they just float, clarity isn't too bad as standard but agree that Domi's Ar will be a massive improvement.

Sent from my iPhone 5s Using TapaTalk2 S???R?I?????

sge1991

27/7/12

Hey,

could you give me a hint where i can get a betten DW for my SB? - Would be great! :)

Thanks

Stealthy

MULTI ACCOUNT
9/4/13
I wonder why all of my local reseller have a blue screw in the movement...

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
^it's because there were only several pieces that have silver screws on the movt. The rest has blue screws.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Sgd1991 please post a wanted in the parts section if your looking for parts

iliketowatch

Renowned Member
20/7/12
Interesting note, I guess many of you already know this but, I just received the AP 2014 Collection catalog, and the Buemi is still a current model. I thought the LE run had finished.

BuddhistGirafe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/13
Interesting note, I guess many of you already know this but, I just received the AP 2014 Collection catalog, and the Buemi is still a current model. I thought the LE run had finished.

I thought it was done as well . Was it not limited to 250 pieces ?

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
I can understand that. if i buy a 30k AP i think about two times if the name of a completely insignificant racer should stand on it

send from my iPhone

iliketowatch

Renowned Member
20/7/12
It brings up an interesting point about the idea of the brand ambassador though doesnt it? In a celebrity worship culture, people move in and out of favor so quickly that it could be seen to be quite risky to associate your brand with some individual who could very quickly become irrelevant or worse. Seb Buemi is no boondoggle like Tiger Woods or Lance Armstrong, but I do admit I was surprised Seb got his own LE watch. That seems like for an iconic brand kike AP to label a watch after anyone at less-than-icon status actually could diminish their brand cachet.

What's next? The Kim Kardashian/Kanye West matching Hublot Big Bang? If that actually exists, I don't want to know about it.

I think the SB is a very cool watch, at the end of the day the only name on it I care about is 'Audemars Piguet'.

Worth noting that there is no Patek 5711 Charlie Sheen, for instance.....

BuddhistGirafe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/13
I find it funny. Ever since becoming a fan of the watch, I find myself cheering for Buemi a bit more. In WEC I am hoping Toyota continues to dominate and does well at Le Mans and they win the championship overall. He put some time in as well at the spain test today and I followed that a bit.