• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP ROO datewheel production.

vapplebomb

13/6/14
Canada
Al you rock! Love this project! You'll need a mass production to feed us hungry fans...both LWO and A7750...

Can't wait to see the end product!

wooky492

Respected Member
21/9/12
Wow Al, this will change the rep game completely!

I can't imagine any rep enthusiasts not getting this mod done to their AP when you finish this project, the success of which I have no doubt.

Two thumbs up! (and wish i have extra sets of hand so I could give you 4 or 6 thumbs up for this! ;-D)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Guys, please be reminded that this thread was established mainly to share information and details of a new project which I am working on.
If I am going to sell this item on RWI, I would do so only after permission has been given by the crew. [MENTION=42327]Raddave[/MENTION] [MENTION=70278]chris3007[/MENTION].
Thank you for the PMs but besides the fact that the datewheel is not ready for release, there are also rules here which I need to abide by.
To the guys who sent me PMs on this, I would need to ask you to be patient, and let me do this the right way.
Thank you kindly.

Reactions: Allure

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Wow Al, this will change the rep game completely!

I can't imagine any rep enthusiasts not getting this mod done to their AP when you finish this project, the success of which I have no doubt.

Two thumbs up! (and wish i have extra sets of hand so I could give you 4 or 6 thumbs up for this! ;-D)

Thanks brother. Its a pity also that fleeced sheep don't have thumbs else you could use theirs... ;)

wooky492

Respected Member
21/9/12
Thanks brother. Its a pity also that fleeced sheep don't have thumbs else you could use theirs... ;)
Lol i was almost tempted to start the sheep-crapping your thread but somehow managed to resist!! [emoji23]

Sent from the brick i named 'Samsung'

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
It would be funny indeed if JF decides to come out with the correct datewheel midway into my project though hahaha. [emoji23]

This is usually almost always the case.. lol.. after a long wait, you decide to do something only to find that the factory decided to upgrade.. happened to me on 5711 Miyota, after swapping the thin hands with the 21J hands, they come out with upgraded hands without the extra costs I spent on modding it.. but nevertheless, great project, and I am in for the home-run.. really great contribution.. but the big question, I just added a ProfSteve cyclops, I hope it would still look ok with this DW ;)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
This is usually almost always the case.. lol.. after a long wait, you decide to do something only to find that the factory decided to upgrade.. happened to me on 5711 Miyota, after swapping the thin hands with the 21J hands, they come out with upgraded hands without the extra costs I spent on modding it.. but nevertheless, great project, and I am in for the home-run.. really great contribution.. but the big question, I just added a ProfSteve cyclops, I hope it would still look ok with this DW ;)

I cannot speak for how it would look with another cyclop. As far as I know none of the cyclops, including my mk3, gives a 1:1 date mag with the A7750 movement date wheel due to the lack of depth. The mk3 cyclop give the closest mag though, and when used with the LWO movement datewheel, it gives the correct magnification vs gen. I have not used or seen the profsteve cyclop so I can't comment.
The new datewheel is designed to work with the stock cyclop to give the correct mag. Clarity wise, I believe that some would be clearer than the others and experimentation would be needed to determine which gives the best effect visually.

fana05

12/5/12
Subscribed! If these turn out well I'm 100% in for one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

RG417

I'm Pretty Popular
19/10/12
5d86f821c136ce8417b8c74405bf2a08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glay78

Supporter
Certified
9/1/13
I really need this. My existing fonts are too small

fana05

12/5/12
legend can you let us know when and if you're taking pre-orders? I keep checking this thread multiple times a day now because I'm so pumped about the DW ugh :D

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Update 2 May 2016

My capable partner has managed to transpose the AP fonts onto the datewheel image, and size have been adjusted. The next step would be to do a test print based on the vector file and do a further size/space adjustment if necessary.
We have taken care that the font and inter-numerical space accuracy as well as the size vs gen. As mentioned we want the datewheel to work with a normal LWO/rep A7750 cyclop and give the correct magnification vs gen (franken) and a very good magnification for the A7750 variants.

I hereby present, the Omega datewheel, named for our intention for the production to be the final word for ROO datewheels in the hobby.

331132efe9ef2ca62119d6fde52369db.jpg

Message crafted while riding a leathery juvenile T-Rex and charging toward the horizon.