• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Montauk Highway *REP REGISTRY*

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
300 genuine APROO MH's made - all pre-sold

100 replicas APROO MH's made - all sold

None available any longer - from time to time someone may sell theirs privately.

zorro-l

Renowned Member
9/2/12
just a quick teaser pic
sorry but gen pics
DSCF0528a-1.jpg

DSCF0530a-1.jpg

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
That strap detail is very nice - looks like the gen's colour is a darker tan to the rep .... I have been looking for a croc skin that's too light by the look of it.

This looks more like light chocolate than tan

zorro-l

Renowned Member
9/2/12
here is a comparison of gen straps both are for the mh but they do have 2 different colour stitching !! lighter blue was the strap that came with the watch and the aqua blue was the new strap
P4070360.jpg

P4070366.jpg

richtree

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/4/11
I was trying to sell mine at rep geek at the nuked all my threads because I listed for more than Toros price.....

is that allowed here ?

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
If that was the listed reason then OK .... AFAIK RWI moderators do not bother with telling people how much they're allowed to sell their property for ... the 'market' decides that most adequately

:D

too high and you get a response ranging from being ignored to getting 'urged' to reconsider price .... the last Monty went for around a thousand US, WITH a high quality strap etc.

Of course, I imagine you read all their rules :)

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
here is a comparison of gen straps both are for the mh but they do have 2 different colour stitching !! lighter blue was the strap that came with the watch and the aqua blue was the new strap

Very nice zorro!

Thx for the informative pics and your excellent infos on the MH.

Good to know we have a real expert in the MH here having both the gen and the reps.

Thx again.

PS: will come back to you soon ;)

zorro-l

Renowned Member
9/2/12
Very nice zorro!

Thx for the informative pics and your excellent infos on the MH.

Good to know we have a real expert in the MH here having both the gen and the reps.

Thx again.

PS: will come back to you soon ;)

Your very welcome just glad it comes in handy when geeks reallt want to know how close or not close the MH rep is to the Gen !!

Come back to me soon ?? sorry I'm having a blank on that one , one to many last night !!lol

onzenuub

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
19/11/07
I was trying to sell mine at rep geek at the nuked all my threads because I listed for more than Toros price.....

is that allowed here ?

Yep, asking $ 1000 without any mods or upgrades is what we call @ RG blatant profiteering and that is not allowed at RG as told in the sales guidelines.

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
Yep, asking $ 1000 without any mods or upgrades is what we call @ RG blatant profiteering and that is not allowed at RG as told in the sales guidelines.

I would pay that if I didn't already have one, however rules is rules...

I had considered selling mine to a friend in country who had offered a solid $1200 and he knew what I paid. In the end, I kept it as my circumstances changed, but supply and demand was enough in his mind to pay the money without the shipping risks associated with an overseas purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08

Ok, $1000 might be a bit too much to ask for it mate :).

Xtian

Renowned Member
13/4/12
Hey Edge, First I want to thank you for spearheading this project:). I assume you're in charge of the registry and the only one that could edit the list. This beaut was recently acquired from Zervos serial #198. Not quite sure what the protocol is, if I'm doing it wrong please advise. Thank you, sir!

6D531107-A8F6-4D74-B848-0F95CCECAC4C-920-0000016BF9EA648B.jpg
[/IMG]

jeffw69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/10/11
Ok, who the hell changed my #211 ownership to jeffthedrunk, location: Auswitz, Germany?
Friggin comedians!

Buben88

Known Member
Certified
11/5/11
Italy
Hi a bit late I'm a proud owner from it. Are these MH rep so rare now? I don't want to sell mine just curious

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
You do realize, serial numbers on the rep are meaningless right? Way more than 300 units are made for the rep, by 2 different factories.
It is relatively rare for an AP ROO replica compared with say the volcano or safari, and has the same usual flaws as all ROO reps. The color on the dial/tachy are also not 100% accurate. As far as AP reps go, it is a nice watch, so wear it well. But given the current situation, you may wish to leave this 10 year old thread alone and start a new one if you wish to tell the community something about it. It will be a nice show and tell for us and you, if you are a proud owner.

I did a thread reviewing my gen Montauk Highway before. IMHO it has one of the nicest color theme on any ROO.

Reactions: Allure and Buben88