• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Montauk Highway *REP REGISTRY*

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
. . . the color on the dial/tachy are also not 100% accurate.
Mine is pretty close but then it took buying a Noob and a JF and combining the best of both along with custom blended lume to get it this close. One day I'll have it thinned but that's expensive and I'm in this for a (to me) fortune already. Two reps, a Profsteve crystal and a mdded gen 7750.

3DG9qL.jpg

This is one of my all-time favourite watches. It's not one I wear very often (90% of the time I wear a one-of-one Noobfactory prototype rep of a single red 1680 that was a gift many years ago from Angus and then modded by the god of vintage Rolex Mods, @RolexAddict to the point where I have had one of the world's top Rolex collectors gushing over it in a chance meeting (no way would I have had it on if I had expected such a meeting) but when I do wear it I'm confident enough to wear it anywhere. Yes. it's a tad too thick but no one could pick that 1 point something mm on the wrist and I don't take my gens off for anyone let alone my reps.

At a yacht show client and contractor day ()'m a contractor, not a client), I ran into the local AD who gushed over it while I was cringing away from him. I didn't have to, he had no idea, probably because he himself had never seen one. My state AD got one example and that was before he took the job. These things are so rare senior AP sales staff have never seen one IRL and the only real tell on this one, the depth of the case is too small to be seen on the wrist. It is, about as perfect as a watch gets, it's just not a practical every day wear for me.

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Mine is pretty close but then it took buying a Noob and a JF and combining the best of both along with custom blended lume to get it this close. One day I'll have it thinned but that's expensive and I'm in this for a (to me) fortune already. Two reps, a Profsteve crystal and a gen 7750.

3DG9qL.jpg
Gen 7750? That must have taken a lot of work to fit the movement in the watch. Would you say that the movement is running very reliably now? Thanks for sharing @trailboss99 and wear it well.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Gen 7750? That must have taken a lot of work to fit the movement in the watch. Would you say that the movement is running very reliably now? Thanks for sharing @trailboss99 and wear it well.
OK I should have said heavily modded rep 7750. Every standard part of the rep movement that could be replaced with the gen was and the rest were sent to the spa for treatment.

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
OK I should have said heavily modded rep 7750. Every standard part of the rep movement that could be replaced with the gen was and the rest were sent to the spa for treatment.
It’s still not easy to install and properly align the ETA 7750 parts to the Asian 7750 and have the movement run reliably. I guess it has a Swiss mainspring as well and only the Asian bridges remain?
Thank you for gracing us with the Uber rare wristshot TB.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
It’s still not easy to install and properly align the ETA 7750 parts to the Asian 7750 and have the movement run reliably. I guess it has a Swiss mainspring as well and only the Asian bridges remain?
Correct (I think, I"m no 7750 expert,) C&W were the best AP people around until tragic circumstances took them from us. We are blessed to have AMF to replace them. I'm just shattered (to this day) that my legendary imaknockov forged carbon case set went with them. Yes, there were 11 not 10 and I had #11 as a gift. That case was with them when the bad things that happened, happened. A minor thing in the whole but a fucking tragic event to both me and repdom as 1/11th of the total of the greatest case set ever created was lost.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Can someone identify this model?
Noob base. Mods as what @legend has said.
Hands are shaved
Tachy is not
DW is changed to ETA
Bezel screws are lowered too. Regarding the base, it most certainly is a Noob but I'm not sure if the dial originated as a MH dial as it looks like it has been reprinted. Especially around the Audemars Piguet writing. Also the tapisserie of the dial seems a bit too faded to be a noob dial. That technically makes it closer to gen of sorts. The gen MH dial has 'faded' tapisserie as well whereas the noob dials was a bit more prominent albeit the gen dial being a different colour along with the markers and hands.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
(to this day) that my legendary imaknockov forged carbon case set went with them
Long live Gio. I wonder what he's up to nowadays. I know Zorro is doing well, I used to talk to him every now and then.

Stuzzy

12/9/12
Is there an overview of the changes between the noob v1 and v2 and how one would identify them?

Thanks a lot!

I just caught one in the m2m today but it will take a few days until I‘ll get it.

Reactions: g-yice

Stuzzy

12/9/12
Is there an overview of the changes between the noob v1 and v2 and how one would identify them?

Thanks a lot!

I just caught one in the m2m today but it will take a few days until I‘ll get it.

Gonna answer this one myself. v2 has the following advantages over the v1 as far as I could find:

- AR cyclops
- Off white date wheel
- More accurate dial color
- Rounded pushers

The last one seems the easiest to tell the two versions apart (even though it's not too hard to mod or replace the pushers)

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
That’s almost as good as saying you got it on your wrist after 2 years :LOL:
I prefer my way, I like to get my hands on things (not just watches ;)).

• Haha
Reactions: legend