• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My first rep watch - Milgauss

FoxyChris

Horology Curious
26/8/10
Well, I ordered my first rep watch from UKReplicaWatches. Despite the name they ship from China and at first I thought they might be a scam. I placed the order before I found this site which has now been a great help. For various reasons I then bought another Milgauss from WatchEden and will try and review them both here.
029f1489.jpg

UKReplicaWatch - does not work :-(

Both companies have been very good with communication and sent me tacking numbers. My UKReplicaWatches one arrived this morning and on the whole I was very happy with it. That was until I tried to pull the crown out to set the time. It wouldn't move and the mechanism inside the watch casing was making a funny noise. I even chipped my tooth trying to pull the crown out but it will not move. Time to find out what their return policy is like!

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
Welcome to the forum foxychris, the crown is screwed in so you have to unscrew it counterclockwise before pulling it out.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
...I was very happy with it. That was until I tried to pull the crown out to set the time...

Oh you silly! You weren't using the right tool to pull that crown out with. There's a special tool designed to enhance teeth for watch repair. It's called The Mental Dental Professional Watchsmithster. The maker claims that you can...

• Pull Crowns
  • Press Crystals
  • Adjust Links
  • Remove Casebacks (up to 53mm)

And for an additional charge, you can add the "Atomic Clock" component that attaches to the "Mental Dental" that allows the Watchsmithier to regulate their watch to absolute perfection.

It was first developed by Q, who was the first to realize that evil could be used for the good of mankind. He worked with Jaws to build the first prototype...

richardkieljaws.jpg

A great deal of effort went into product development, where the Mental Dental tool was put under vigorous stress and material testing...

4004339654_3bacaf55f5.jpg

After many refinements, the prototype was scaled down and enhanced to an affordable version that exists now...

1210927df6de902507114dd8-1.jpg

Today, people are using this valuable scientific advancement to live the American dream. Why, just a few months ago, there was a post by Homie-Horologic where he was kind enough to share his incredible success with the Mental Dental...

F_200610_October27e_232251a.jpg

FoxyChris

Horology Curious
26/8/10
Ha Ha, I've posted back my degree as I'm clearly too stupid to have one. I managed to use a tiny screwdriver to lift the crown very slightly. Once I'd done this is unscrewed with ease and now it runs perfectly with no noise!

More pics of the UKWatch replicas one:-
4cd12e55.jpg

4e872fcb.jpg

aa9767de.jpg

My camera isn't the best up close. Very happy with my first purchase and there will be more to come. I'll post pictures up when I get it.

D

d4m.test

Are they are trusted dealer on here or any other boards. I haven't heard of them, so I'd say not to buy from them again if they aren't trusted!

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Looks like correct rehaut alignment - awesome!
But... the 6:00 marker looks crooked. Hopefully it's just the camera angle.

Please do a side-by-side comparo when the WE one arrives.
Thanks for sharing!!

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10
Chris, that replica is horrible.....

Just looking at it briefly, here is what I see wrong
stick markers wrong size
dial hands too thick and long, second hadn misshapen
The case back is beyond wrong
the endlinks are super bad too
Part of clasp seen in frist pic tells me it is WAAAYYY off too
The rehaut letters are HUGE though they are aligned...overall that is a D- rep
Hopefully the WE one is better.

FoxyChris

Horology Curious
26/8/10
Here are a few shots of the WatchEden one. The differences are pretty obvious And I would say it is more accurate but cost slightly more. This would be the better choice if people are looking to get a milgauss and it is from a trusted dealer.

0db2e7ec.jpg

c3812fed.jpg

The picture below of a genuine one is good for comparisons.
3769d55d.jpg

FoxyChris

Horology Curious
26/8/10
Ok, a few side by side shots with the ukreplicawatches on the left and then bottom and the watcheden one on the right and then top. I much prefer the watcheden one but any comments welcome.

561c11c8.jpg

564f8b69.jpg

2866a117.jpg

herusix

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/9/09
I'm no expert but the crown on the UK replicas looks way off and It may be a trick of the light but on that top pic the 2 watch cases look completely different in size.

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10
FC
Like I said before the first one you posted is absolute garbaj (in a french accent)....The WE one is much better but it is still not nearly as good as the replicamake version.

Ogmios

Horology Curious
12/8/10
I already have this kind of funny noise.
Try to open the case. I think it can be the pendulum which is unfixed and free moving into the case.