• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP MICHAEL SCHUMACHER 44MM By J12

TheDonSL

Respected Member
28/12/13
Feels like Kindergarten before Xmas ... hey, it is Kindergarten before christmas ... my Schumi is in the air from HK to EU.

Dr. Theo

Nice! Mine is taking forever and should have been on my wrist yesterday! Oh well I guess Schumi isn't the fastest after all ! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MADRED7

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/11
Just another addition and some more fuel to the dial-color-fire.

It is very easy today to imitate or mimick a special color you want to copy. Take a good picture of that dial e.g.. Do it in a light tent. Load the picture to any modern picture-editor tool (even Paint can do!) and select the color on the pic you want to know the code. Now get the color code as a RGB-code (Red-Green-Blue code), put this coding in any color detection tool, ColorSchemer e.g., and you´ll get a code of the color you want to copy .... Schumacher LE should be anything like #959792 in Hex or 149/151/146 as RGB :D

It is not that complicated? Isn´t it?

Dr. Theo

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
Forgot to post this pic yesterday

ce7e5387dabaef3586c48f8c28a9f5f7.jpg

How's this look guys?

Sent from my [emoji519]iPhone

Very smart Sharrk. That's a gen.
One thing to spot at this angle is that there are checkered patterns near the dw's 4 o'clock on the gen while it's empty on the rep.

MADRED7

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/11
.... you´ll see it in the depth of the date
.... you´ll see it in the material/finish of the crown
.... you´ll see it in the tachy-dial-rail
.... you´ll see it in the color of the dial and tachy

Dr. Theo

TheDonSL

Respected Member
28/12/13

It is very easy today to imitate or mimick a special color you want to copy. Take a good picture of that dial e.g.. Do it in a light tent. Load the picture to any modern picture-editor tool (even Paint can do!) and select the color on the pic you want to know the code. Now get the color code as a RGB-code (Red-Green-Blue code), put this coding in any color detection tool, ColorSchemer e.g., and you´ll get a code of the color you want to copy .... Schumacher LE should be anything like #959792 in Hex or 149/151/146 as RGB :D

Dr. Theo

Not if one is an expert in Adobe products!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06

Dr. Theo

Now I am suprised, in another post you wrote that you were involved in the design.....why didn't you tell this Angus much earlier?

sent from my iPad Air

MADRED7

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/11
Now I am suprised, in another post you wrote that you were involved in the design.....why didn't you tell this Angus much earlier?

sent from my iPad Air

You think I have not? Man, I was sending mails and mails with information, pictures to point to the flaws, and everything else the factory needs to look out for. I got the prototype pics looooong ago and started my discussion with the factory (via Angus) early.
And Angus did all he could to send all my information over to JF ... you see the result and how they listen to the pros and WIS (they don´t give a s*** about it).

Even my proof with color scheemes to the factory that the color of the dial is completely wrong was only answered as "We cannot do any better, sorry!"

I think the factory just knows that they do not need to put 120% work into something, 60% is enough to get 100% of our money, it´s not that they do it on purpose, they just don´t care!

So I will try on and on to be the WIS for the factory ... be it JF or NOOB ... and let´s see how they perform.

Dr. Theo

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
You think I have not? Man, I was sending mails and mails with information, pictures to point to the flaws, and everything else the factory needs to look out for. I got the prototype pics looooong ago and started my discussion with the factory (via Angus) early.
And Angus did all he could to send all my information over to JF ... you see the result and how they listen to the pros and WIS (they don´t give a s*** about it).

Even my proof with color scheemes to the factory that the color of the dial is completely wrong was only answered as "We cannot do any better, sorry!"

I think the factory just knows that they do not need to put 120% work into something, 60% is enough to get 100% of our money, it´s not that they do it on purpose, they just don´t care!

So I will try on and on to be the WIS for the factory ... be it JF or NOOB ... and let´s see how they perform.

Dr. Theo

Well, this is a big suprise to me now, if I look at your post 233 and 240, first pics have been out 3 weeks before you posted and a lot of people had them in their hands before you? Nothing was mentioned in post 240 [emoji6] about dial color. Maybe you talked to the wrong Angus? To my knowledge he was not involved in the design at all. The watch was bought by J12 and friends. If the watch would have been bought by Angus, he would have had the right to sell the first batch and would have been involved in the design. All he did is preorders, but other dealer got it even earlier.
So hard for me to believe that Angus delivered your message, normally J12 listen, see the last releases of 42 mm.

sent from my iPad Air

MADRED7

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/11
... you are mixing things up now ... and please don´t read my thoughts :D I do not have a good relationship with my TD and the factory for running around and posting every single news the minute I get it. Trust had to be earned.

Factory did not listen ... this is all that stands as a result.

Hope to see an upgraded dial in the future though.

Dr. Theo

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
I do not have a good relationship with my TD and the factory for running around and posting every single news the minute I get it. Trust had to be earned.

Factory did not listen ... this is all that stands as a result.

Dr. Theo

My last post on this Kindergarten , if you do not have a good relationship to your TD, why do you say you have been involved in the development? Saying this in the public economy, youn would have been fired.

Sent from my iPhone

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Well well much "kindergarden" talks... Another reason for me to live by this rule: " never buy first batch/round/version".

In all fairness as it is it is a nice rep (we have seen worst release: QEII...) but they have been way too many talk around it, (mostly mumbo jumbo imo...), that raised everybody expectations to an unrealistic level.

I trust J12 will better his product if they sell well, I think they will given APs rep addiction nowadays.

As far as I am concerned I am somehow disappointed as I was expected a FC44mm or Bee level of quality release... So be it... I will enjoy looking at your wristies

ukbondraider

20/9/14
What I want to know is why the anal folk care so much about 100% replication. This Schumi is a brilliant rep in its own right.

Unless you are Tom Cruise or David Beckham you aren't going to get away with people thinking you own a gen Schumi even if you are an unknown billionaire. Just enjoy the rep for what it is.

Even if they do fix the tachy, dial colour and date print, you are always going to have the date position (which they will likely never be able to fix) as an immediate tell for those in the know i. e less than 1% of the population. The rest will naturally assume it is a rep even if you did have a gen if they know the price of the watch. The others not in the know will think it is a normal USD 100 non special watch.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
What I want to know is why the anal folk care so much about 100% replication. This Schumi is a brilliant rep in its own right.

Unless you are Tom Cruise or David Beckham you aren't going to get away with people thinking you own a gen Schumi even if you are an unknown billionaire. Just enjoy the rep for what it is.

Even if they do fix the tachy, dial colour and date print, you are always going to have the date position (which they will likely never be able to fix) as an immediate tell for those in the know i. e less than 1% of the population. The rest will naturally assume it is a rep even if you did have a gen if they know the price of the watch. The others not in the know will think it is a normal USD 100 non special watch.

Agree 100 %, but I hate it when people say it is so easy to do it right.
I love all my reps with all the known flaws.
Let us continue on reps and new releases.

sent from my iPad Air

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Replication should be as close to 100% as possible, otherwise it is not replication. Reps that have alot of faults can be good functioning and looking watches, but they will always be bad replicas. I would rather buy a good gen watch rather than a faulty replica. Why? I think many would say it has to do with recognition.

andman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/11/13
It is such a crying shame that after an enormous effort including buying a gen and obliterating it that the fac should fall short of the mark on something that looks like it could have been easily fixed.....

Logic here dictates , that with a full order book there was no incentive to address the dial....

The facs sure fixed SIHH Safari pretty dam quick when they didn't fly off the shelves...

It's all pointing towards a V2 when sales slow down ...

Agree with slaughterer... above....

zorro-l

Renowned Member
9/2/12
[video]http://vid1178.photobucket.com/albums/x369/zorrolondon/My%20first%20movie_20141119_192420_zps36xwxjhm.mp4[/video]

quick video