• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP MICHAEL SCHUMACHER 44MM By J12

ukbondraider

20/9/14
I find it odd that people seek 100% replication then are happy to install straps with wonky stitching which far away would immediately scream rep.

TheDonSL

Respected Member
28/12/13
Schumi is on my wrist tomorrow afternoon after work! Just in time for vacation and my big biz dinner tomorrow night and crazy weekend of partying, oh yeahhhhhh photos will come Friday because it's going to be a long night Thursday...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shaidx

Respected Member
15/7/12
Replication should be as close to 100% as possible, otherwise it is not replication. Reps that have alot of faults can be good functioning and looking watches, but they will always be bad replicas. I would rather buy a good gen watch rather than a faulty replica. Why? I think many would say it has to do with recognition.

gotta agree with slaugh here. dial color killed it for me. it looks great, but not accurate.

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
What I want to know is why the anal folk care so much about 100% replication. This Schumi is a brilliant rep in its own right.

Unless you are Tom Cruise or David Beckham you aren't going to get away with people thinking you own a gen Schumi even if you are an unknown billionaire. Just enjoy the rep for what it is.

Even if they do fix the tachy, dial colour and date print, you are always going to have the date position (which they will likely never be able to fix) as an immediate tell for those in the know i. e less than 1% of the population. The rest will naturally assume it is a rep even if you did have a gen if they know the price of the watch. The others not in the know will think it is a normal USD 100 non special watch.

This argument is void to me because my anal-ness is all for the sake of satisfying myself, not satisfying other people or worrying others might call me out.
I'm not wearing a watch for the sake of others.

*Sent from my fingers using my head*

TheDonSL

Respected Member
28/12/13
This argument is void to me because my anal-ness is all for the sake of satisfying myself, not satisfying other people or worrying others might call me out.

+1 Million!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13

+1 !!!!

Sent from my iPhone 6

MADRED7

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/11
My last post on this Kindergarten , if you do not have a good relationship to your TD, why do you say you have been involved in the development? Saying this in the public economy, youn would have been fired.

I know english is not your first language, but please read carefully: "...I do not have a good relationship with my TD and the factory for running ..." translated into easier english: I have a good relationsship to my TD and the factory for not re-posting every information they gave me.

Anyway, lets carry on with this Schumacher LE talk. My piece has been landed from HK in my country, shipped to the UK and landed there (what a detour). Now it needs to be delivered and re-shipped back to my addy. Cross fingers for mid next week.

Dr. Theo

ukbondraider

20/9/14

Err Yes that is my point. You wear the watch for yourself. Therefore the flaws shouldnt matter if the rep is a good rep. This Schumi is an excellent rep and all APs enthusiast should therefore have one.

In its current state the Schumi is a million times a better looking watch than the Bumble Bee and FC 44mm carbon both of which seem highly regarded as a rep.

sekihk

Getting To Know The Place
4/10/14
Is there any of you "managed" to scratch the cermet bezel up to the moment? My Safari ROO bezel got scratched within two days I wore it. Now my Schumi bezel is still like new after few days of care-free wear. Amazing!

If I can choose, this cermet material should be treated as an optional upgrade to all other stainless steel ROO. Its color is like steel anyway but the watch can remain its new look for a much longer time.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
ukbondraider;2028999 Therefore the flaws shouldnt matter if the rep is a good rep. This Schumi is an excellent rep....[/QUOTE said:
If the rep has flaws, it is not a good rep for many of us. Look at it as a case of "derived" demand: higher prices make people demand "better" products.

Modificata

I'm Pretty Popular
23/9/14
London, England
[video]http://vid1178.photobucket.com/albums/x369/zorrolondon/My%20first%20movie_20141119_192420_zps36xwxjhm.mp4[/video]

quick video

Have to say. I was in the fence before but having watched that the watch looks mighty impressive.

Must measure my wrist when I get home. The watch looks epic.

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
If the rep has flaws, it is not a good rep for many of us. Look at it as a case of "derived" demand: higher prices make people demand "better" products.
I'm sure most people in general especially those have received the Schumi already know it's a very decent piece BUT I think why most people are so anal about the flaws is bcoz they are flaws that could have been avoided if J12 paid more attention to detail. Lets be honest the dial is a very important part of any watch that's one of the thing in full view , it's the part that reflects a certain glare to the watch and we have already been through the whole wrong dial problems with previous releases which were updated in the BB, Panda, the 44mm's and a few other releases so when a long awaited release comes out and a problem such as the dial which can be fixed, it could be dissappointing . We all already aware of the open case back which shows our not so good looking movement but I'm sure that's a flaw everyone is willing to live with till the movement is replicated but a wrong dial could have been avoided, that's why people are so anal... They've got it right before in previous releases so why the Schumi, that the reason people seem to be complaining , there should be some progression ...... Besides they had the Gen in hand to compare ....... Just my opinion, it's a very good rep BUT could have been better......

maxko

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/13
The open caseback is already an enormous tell so if the dial color is a bit off or not i don't think is so big drama, plus it changes with the light so sometimes it will be darker sometimes lighter. For it's 700$ it could be better but at the end of the day it's still replica so or you live with it or just don't buy it.
About v2 i heard they won't do, but who knows, maybe when they sell all available watches if there is still demand with the second batch dials if they want they can address the issues.
RB2 has his tells too, but there is still very high demand for it and when they pop in they sold in a minutes. IMO the schumi will be appreciated when it goes sold out.

Romeo oscar

25/3/12
RB2 has his tells too, but there is still very high demand for it and when they pop in they sold in a minutes. IMO the schumi will be appreciated when it goes sold out.

sorry for my question, but i really want to know, is it normal in rep world that maybe the maker just made a watch only for a limited quantity then when its sold out it just really sold out ?

is the rb2 is sold out and discontinue ?

if the answer is yes, i will be glad if they do the same to ap schumy, for thats mean this ap schumy will be rare enough to see it as it is a limited edition.

zeroshiki

Getting To Know The Place
2/5/10
Is there any of you "managed" to scratch the cermet bezel up to the moment? My Safari ROO bezel got scratched within two days I wore it. Now my Schumi bezel is still like new after few days of care-free wear. Amazing!

If I can choose, this cermet material should be treated as an optional upgrade to all other stainless steel ROO. Its color is like steel anyway but the watch can remain its new look for a much longer time.

would be interested if anyone else could share about this too!!

to be honest i was skeptical of the cermet bezel claimed by the schumi rep maker, but the cermet bezel on mine is also still like brand new! not a single hairline scratch on the polished side of the bezel. it is amazing!!

andman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/11/13
The open caseback is already an enormous tell so if the dial color is a bit off or not i don't think is so big drama, plus it changes with the light so sometimes it will be darker sometimes lighter. For it's 700$ it could be better but at the end of the day it's still replica so or you live with it or just don't buy it.
About v2 i heard they won't do, but who knows,
RB.

The fac is bound to say that now while there is stock floating around with a known and publicised flaw..

It will be a different story once sold out... If they feel they can shift another batch.... the dial will be the sweetener and what's more it will work

V2 is coming

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
If there is a V2 w/ improved dial, then V1 will lose alot of value.
I often ask this question about the limitation of production. The answer I usually get from people in China: the production run will end when the producer decides it should end. LOL.