• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any Whisky recommendations?

dynastydoc

I like meteorite....
4/3/24
United States
100% this!

There are some great whiskies on this list, a few of which I always have stocked in my cabinet (Laphroaig 10 and Hibiki Hramony especially). I don't recall ever trying a Taiwanese whiskey so Kavalan has jumped to the top of my try list!
If you're into the sherry profile almost anything from kavalan is pretty good. Even the base one is good and one of the most approachable, easy drinkers. I also think they're fantastic deals because ppl are doubtful of Taiwanese whiskey still so don't even try it.

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
Bourbon enthusiast here. Found a favorite at another tasting event. Penelope. The one in the blue bottle. (French Oak Staves). Other favorites, Woodford Double Oaked, and Rabbit Hole Dareringer.

Reactions: dynastydoc

dynastydoc

I like meteorite....
4/3/24
United States
Bourbon enthusiast here. Found a favorite at another tasting event. Penelope. The one in the blue bottle. (French Oak Staves). Other favorites, Woodford Double Oaked, and Rabbit Hole Dareringer.
I’m also a huge fan of Penelope architect! It comes at a great price point.

Another budget banger is redwood empire pipe dream.

Reactions: Copterguy