• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another Moonswatch metal case project

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
If you hate the pe50
You can replace it with a eta g10.211/212

Hands will not be compatible so you need to figure that out

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Thanks i did a quick search and it seems like a long adventure of modding hands… ill give up early
I modded Nh hands for my 1957. Not fun
That said, the eta is not bad. The hours and min are the same as the VK63 and the central seconds is close
And you can find subdial hands easy enough on Cousins

I am even thinking of putting the ETA in the 1957

Reactions: Pinion Minion

smell

true to my name
Supporter
30/11/23
Ordered a rep and a VK63 case from AliExpress. The rep was going for $24 including box, which is about $4 cheaper than what w77, which makes me suspicious ... but I have ordered a lot from AliExpress and never from dhg and didn't want to deal with setting up an account. So hopefully the quality is good.
The AliX moonswatch arrived (very quickly too). Case is definitely pretty cheap but the dial seems fine which is what we're interested in anyway. Here are pics:
KRFTWb.jpeg

KRFCJi.jpeg

KRFpdX.jpeg

It also came with a box, which was much better constructed than I expected. Pics of that:

Reactions: dannyboiii

Alfred

Horology Curious
20/2/24
All, can’t thank you enough for the help.

These are far from perfect (the snoopy is so crooked - I think the dial turned a bit as I tightened the back up?), but I’m happy and the experience was very enjoyable.

Will likely be making more and might try my hand at some things too.

Fabian.

Known Member
Certified
9/4/19
Are there cheaper cases than the 48€ AliX case which are equally easy to swap?