• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another Moonswatch metal case project

dannyboiii

Horology Curious
19/5/24
I only bought my parts from Ali and I found about the DH from here. Seems like the sellers at DH have far better feedback and sale records. (Hopefully my Ali moonswatches turn up ok) one of the popular listing has the below option. Ceramic and plastic. Does the ceramic variant have a noticable difference? Its much higher in price.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
I only bought my parts from Ali and I found about the DH from here. Seems like the sellers at DH have far better feedback and sale records. (Hopefully my Ali moonswatches turn up ok) one of the popular listing has the below option. Ceramic and plastic. Does the ceramic variant have a noticable difference? Its much higher in price.

Link? Let me check

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region

Ceramic is bullshit
It’s just a slightly better plastic with some oil in it to give it a shinier surface

Fabian.

Known Member
Certified
9/4/19
Does anyone else have the "problem" that the movement is a little bit lose if the crown is unscrewed?
It's really not a problem but I want to sell the watch and would like to fix this "not-problem" befor selling it.
Movement is fixed when crown is screwed.

sting

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/3/24
Does anyone else have the "problem" that the movement is a little bit lose if the crown is unscrewed?
It's really not a problem but I want to sell the watch and would like to fix this "not-problem" befor selling it.
Movement is fixed when crown is screw

Have you used the movement holder @Caboose designed, he's done a few different variants for different cases?

Reactions: Fabian.

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
Movement is fixed when crown is screwed.
Yep, experienced the same. Not a huge issue on a quartz-powered watch that doesn't need adjustment, but when setting the time with the crown pulled, I have to be careful that the hand doesn't "jump" a second when pushing it back in.
Have set my watch twice since I got it, so it's not something I lose sleep over . . .

Reactions: Fabian.

umiz00mi

Looking Around
18/3/24
Anyone have an ali link to a metal bracelet that would fit this vk63 case? I found this one but not sure how it would fit - pretty new to all this.

urvipervi

Horology Curious
20/4/24
May have done and tried something different....for me atleast.

KEAXv3.jpeg

dannyboiii

Horology Curious
19/5/24
What battery does the Moonswatch reps use? They all seem to use different batteries.
I am still waiting to receive my moonswatch reps.,.. but ordering few things in advance and was thinking to order battery as well

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
What battery does the Moonswatch reps use? They all seem to use different batteries.
I am still waiting to receive my moonswatch reps.,.. but ordering few things in advance and was thinking to order battery as well
All the reps use the same movement

Sunon PE50
Battery is SR626SW or

SR621SW​