• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another Moonswatch metal case project

nicolasry

Horology Curious
4/9/23
Hey guys, anyone knows if the watches__77 moonswatch snoopy movement could be swapped into the OMF V2 Dark Side of the Moon Speedy?

nicolasry

Horology Curious
4/9/23
Upping in case anyone knows anything!

I know the DSOM case is bigger than the one on the moonswatch.

My main concerns are wether the pushers will work with the snoopy moonswatch movement (with a properly sized movement holder according to the DSOM case) and wether the dial sizes are different or not in between the two models (I certainly wouldn’t want a gap around the dial LOL).

Reactions: Error404

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
The issue will not be the dial size.
32mm for a usual 7750. The moonswatch is about that

Pushers easy to fix. Read up, there is a method explained in the thread.

The main issue will be the stem height of the 7750.

Fabian.

Known Member
Certified
9/4/19
Nice one! Does it fit as easily as the normale moonswatch reps?

dannyboiii

Horology Curious
19/5/24
Good news everyone! I imported the .STL into Solidworks with feature recognition and well... I made the relevant changes for my case and made some other changes, like making the stem removal button easier to hit, beveling the battery area, and also added an up arrow (to indicate up, duh!) and a "C" to designate this as my variation of the design. If you'd like to print it, it can be found here:

I am also planning on making a batch of these for those interested who don't have 3d printers. I have a few old rolls of filament and these prints are like 1.5g each, so I can make plenty of these for $0.03 and would get rid of them for cost of shipping ($5 CONUS) to those who want to do this build. But would like to gauge interest so if you are interested, please let me know in the thread so I can create a M2M listing in the sales section to get these out to those who need. Here's some shots!

Relevant case used in this mod is:

Only other thing you need to complete the mod is replacement watch stem if yours was short like mine (I suspect broken as my replacement stems are longer!)
This is some amazing work! thank you so much
now ....
which one do I use? very confusing

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
This is some amazing work! thank you so much
now ....
which one do I use? very confusing

It depends on your case. V4, V4w, V4b, V4c, are are all valid depending on case. If your dial is too small for the case, V4w and "MoonswatchRingConversionV2.STL" are what you want. Otherwise V4 can be easily converted to V4b and V4c, they are only small variations. These take so little time to print so I would not be too concerned about making the exact one you need.

dannyboiii

Horology Curious
19/5/24
It depends on your case. V4, V4w, V4b, V4c, are are all valid depending on case. If your dial is too small for the case, V4w and "MoonswatchRingConversionV2.STL" are what you want. Otherwise V4 can be easily converted to V4b and V4c, they are only small variations. These take so little time to print so I would not be too concerned about making the exact one you need.
thank you so much! I am waiting for my parts to arrive so I will soon find out!
I have sent your file v4c/ringcoverersion v2' to the printing supplier as it seemed to have the bigger hole that seems to have better compatibility (I thought)
and sorry I have not yet figured out where the ringconversion part is placed. Is this to go on the back case? I assume it isnt supposed go on the front of the dial (sorry I am still going thorugh the thread)

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
thank you so much! I am waiting for my parts to arrive so I will soon find out!
I have sent your file v4c/ringcoverersion v2' to the printing supplier as it seemed to have the bigger hole that seems to have better compatibility (I thought)
and sorry I have not yet figured out where the ringconversion part is placed. Is this to go on the back case? I assume it isnt supposed go on the front of the dial (sorry I am still going thorugh the thread)
The ring conversation part is a spacer they goes over the dial under the crystal. It allows a smaller diameter dial to fit in larger cases that are coming off of AliX these days. Depending on what case you get, you may need it!

dannyboiii

Horology Curious
19/5/24
The ring conversation part is a spacer they goes over the dial under the crystal. It allows a smaller diameter dial to fit in larger cases that are coming off of AliX these days. Depending on what case you get, you may need it!

Ive ordered these. Hopefully I woudnt need a spacer but if I do hopefully it wont scratch the dial :)
Either way you are a legend!