• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another Moonswatch metal case project

nicolasry

Horology Curious
4/9/23
I will take no part in this massacre

Ok just a little…
The gen moonswatch has
G10.211 & G10.212
M
  • Size Ø29.80mm (13¼ Ligne)
  • Height 5.12mm
  • Hour, Minute & Center Seconds Chrono
  • Battery 394
  • Hand Ø: Min .90, Hr 1.50, Sec .25, Sub .20
  • Stem height 2.45mm

assuming the movement in the snoopy moonswatch is a modded version of that ETA (and that’s a big assumption), you will have to make sure that the OMF movement has the same stem height, or figure out a way to make the stem align
Okay thanks, I’ll do my due diligence and come back if any doubts.

Thank you for your help.

Reactions: Karbon74

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Okay thanks, I’ll do my due diligence and come back if any doubts.

Thank you for your help.
I would try first with a rep snoopy moonswatch before burning a gen

That said, even if it does not fit the OMF, you can still fallback on the Jason case or the Ali case. So no loss

roflwaffle

Known Member
1/3/08
The gen moonswatch has
G10.211 & G10.212

assuming the movement in the snoopy moonswatch is a modded version of that ETA (and that’s a big assumption), you will have to make sure that the OMF movement has the same stem height, or figure out a way to make the stem align
No assumptions needed, its a G10.962 EO.

But the OMF is a ST19 base, so the pusher angle already at the wrong location to do this mod, even if stem height was correct, it will not fit.

qjai89

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/1/24
As a follow up on my project. Anyone knows if I could get the gen snoopy moonswatch dial and movement into the OMF V2 Silver Snoopy rep?

On another note, does anyone have any guide on how to re-lume the watch with black lume. The only tutorial I’ve seen was on here but images don’t load anymore. From what I’ve read it involves mixing the lume itself with black paint, but not really sure about it.

Any insight would be appreaciated!

Hows the bezel height on one of these? I'm always curious to crank off the bezel on the AliExpress case and find a slimmer one

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
now you are getting me thinking if i wouldn't try to machine 1-1.5 mm from the underside of the bezel where it meets the midcase

Reactions: haze3715

nicolasry

Horology Curious
4/9/23
No assumptions needed, its a G10.962 EO.

But the OMF is a ST19 base, so the pusher angle already at the wrong location to do this mod, even if stem height was correct, it will not fit.
Oh damn that sucks.

Is it possible to get past that with heavier modding necessary and not just a swap?

Lume I already figured out.

qjai89

28/1/24
now you are getting me thinking if i wouldn't try to machine 1-1.5 mm from the underside of the bezel where it meets the midcase
lol yea. The bezel height is definitely too high. Even the dial and hands seem to have too much distance from the crystal. Another way to improve the dial distance is to shave off the depth of the rehaut but that doesn't fix the bezel height issue.

qjai89

28/1/24
I'm just surprised the rep case company's never tried to do a slimmer case considering most of these we see run quartz movements that don't need so much height.

qjai89

28/1/24
I mean a slimmer bezel. Don't mind a thicker case back to compensate

roflwaffle

Known Member
1/3/08
Oh damn that sucks.

Is it possible to get past that with heavier modding necessary and not just a swap?

Lume I already figured out.
Nope?
I've had similar thoughts, but would need to measure to see how much room is actually there. Could also lower the rehaut for a high dome proper placement and do other fixes while you're in there... But that may be 'unreasonable expectations for a rep' as you put it before (JK with ya)

• Haha

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Could also lower the rehaut for a high dome proper placement and do other fixes while you're in there... But that may be 'unreasonable expectations for a rep' as you put it before (JK with ya)

Actually, I don’t mind doing extensive work on a cheap case.
For the crystal, I made one with the rep stock acrylic, and lowered it a lot. it gave the watch a better profile

KUBhAK.jpeg

roflwaffle

Known Member
1/3/08
Actually, I don’t mind doing extensive work on a cheap case.
For the crystal, I made one with the rep stock acrylic, and lowered it a lot. it gave the watch a better profile

KUBhAK.jpeg
Yep. And I imagine you could turn down from the rear the area around caseback opening to fix some of the overly thick side profile there, and while sanding down crystal is easier, still leads to a pretty cavernous rehaut the gen doesn't have.

Still boggles my mind they go for a sapphire crystal instead of a better looking, cheaper acrylic hidome. But oh well, got some on order in a few sizes for various cases, and those sapphire crystals in the parts bin. Paganis AR was pretty awful anyway

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
You don't have a link to the crown please? And is a straight fit or does it need a new tube?
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! US $21.84 | Watch Accessories 7MM All Steel Head Adjustment Time Button For Omega Parts Tools

Does not fit all cases.
You need to remove the stock tube and messure crown and tube

Reactions: sting