• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another Moonswatch metal case project

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
I was even looking at options to paint the cases...but I gave up.
Every article I saw was saying that paint would never survive watch wearing

Snooky

Came for the reps, stayed for the banter!
Supporter
Certified
23/11/23
UK
Somehow I’ve managed to bork the vk63 movement that was inside my Moonwatch rep from the gate. I made sure the crown was in the correct position before removing, but now it’s not ticking when the crown is screwed back in and winds weirdly when the stem is pulled out.

Guessing I’ve facked the keyless works… tried getting to it but it’s nigh on impossible on this vk63. Off to AliExpress I go to get a replacement movement 🤭

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Somehow I’ve managed to bork the vk63 movement that was inside my Moonwatch rep from the gate. I made sure the crown was in the correct position before removing, but now it’s not ticking when the crown is screwed back in and winds weirdly when the stem is pulled out.

Guessing I’ve facked the keyless works… tried getting to it but it’s nigh on impossible on this vk63. Off to AliExpress I go to get a replacement movement 🤭

stupid question, are you sure you are using the right stem ? 😅

• Haha
Reactions: Snooky

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK

Bork is quite possibly the best word I've heard in ages. Will be added to my vocabulary, thank you 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Karbon74 and Snooky

Snooky

Supporter
Certified
23/11/23
UK
stupid question, are you sure you are using the right stem ? 😅
Haha yep I’m sure, but thanks for checking. Basically it was the full metal jacket Moonwatch rep from the Gate I have (with the proper caseback and bracelet etc).

Took it apart to put the ‘Moonswatch’ movement in and do the metal mod, but then a few days ago my friend wanted to borrow the ‘Moonwatch’ rep to try it out. So, I done the swap back again and bam, no longer winding (well no longer winding properly).

Long story short, it didn’t give my friend confidence in the Gate 🤭

Reactions: Karbon74

Snooky

Supporter
Certified
23/11/23
UK
what do you mean "winding"?
It's a quartz 😳

Anyway, at least the Moonswatch movement works then.
Soz, long day. By winding I meant setting the time. I was imagining doing the ‘winding’ movement when posting earlier and then my fingers followed when replying lol

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
Wait, you said VK63... do you mean PE50? There is not a VK63 movement in the moonswatch. Unless you did a swap.

Keep in mind if the crown is not locked to the stem, you will have issues with setting the time. Double check the crown is not just spinning.

Reactions: Snooky

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Wait, you said VK63... do you mean PE50? There is not a VK63 movement in the moonswatch. Unless you did a swap.

Keep in mind if the crown is not locked to the stem, you will have issues with setting the time. Double check the crown is not just spinning.
the dhgate speedmaster rep has a vk63. that's what he is referring to

• Love
Reactions: Caboose and Snooky

Snooky

Supporter
Certified
23/11/23
UK
the dhgate speedmaster rep has a vk63. that's what he is referring to
Thanks @Karbon74 for clarifying. You’re right, I should have said speedmaster rep instead of complicating things with Moonwatch and Moonswatch, I need some sleep :sleep:.

@Caboose here’s a pic of the b@stard. Now that you’ve mentioned it, the stem isn’t locking when I put it back in and just falls out. So I wonder if I went too hard when pressing the stem release and it’s now simply not locking back in place? It’s pretty impossible to get to the keyless (I watched a video on YouTube and it’s way beyond my comfort zone), so I think this is hard lesson for me to be more gentle!

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Dead for dead, you can try an old trick I used when I dabbled in electronics.

use a pressure air dust blower spray can and just blow on the hole and on the sides under the plate.

Russian method

note : don't do this on a mechanical watch 😅

Reactions: Hesekiel and Snooky

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
Really excited about my new builds! The cases are yet another variation so I have literally redesigned my movement holder just for these 10 to fit. There are now five different types of casebacks I've encountered, some different among the same seller. No idea what's going on there!

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Really excited about my new builds! The cases are yet another variation so I have literally redesigned my movement holder just for these 10 to fit. There are now five different types of casebacks I've encountered, some different among the same seller. No idea what's going on there!

try the curved ones.
They are a bit hard to fit, but very nice and soft

Reactions: Caboose

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
try the curved ones.
They are a bit hard to fit, but very nice and soft
I'll look into these for next run maybe. Many people really liked these straps so I keep reordering! Very soft and quick release!

Reactions: Karbon74

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Certified
20/1/21
KUbruK.jpeg

What do I need to press for stem removal. I worked just with nh34-36 and pt5000. Noob with quartz movement.

Thanks for help!