• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another Moonswatch metal case project

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
This one has the rep acrylic crystal with the etched "S"
I filed it to size for a snap fit and lowered the crystal height. Hypocement to reinforce the hold.

I am waiting for the white and red curved end strap
So much fun, the strap will really make it pop.

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Well hello there

KUqWxJ.jpeg

Waiting on the stems and the case 😔

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
call on me anytime if you need help
I'm going to try and do the whole thing by myself and learn - The investment is low and I hope that I can do it, even with mistakes.

Plus I know you're there along with a load of others who are helpful AF so it's all good :geek:

Reactions: Karbon74

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
I'm going to try and do the whole thing by myself and learn - The investment is low and I hope that I can do it, even with mistakes.

Plus I know you're there along with a load of others who are helpful AF so it's all good :geek:
That's whats so great about it- even if you bugger the movement a new one is about 6usd.

Reactions: Got20Mate

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
I won't bugger it I promise!
just remember a few things:

-remove the movement by lifting opposite side from the crown/pushers, and insert same way
-use a bit of polywatch on the caseback threading to improve it, it's usually gritty ootb. and it can twist the movement/dial when screwing, or mess the gasket
-cut the stem carefully by steps if needed. Too short the stem will not engage as the crown will thread, too long it will move the dial sideways when you screw the crown
-you can remove the bezel insert with a thin slim razor blade or the thinnest guitar pick (better). You will need this to align the bezel 60 on the dial 12

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
just remember a few things:

-remove the movement by lifting opposite side from the crown/pushers, and insert same way
-use a bit of polywatch on the caseback threading to improve it, it's usually gritty ootb. and it can twist the movement/dial when screwing, or mess the gasket
-cut the stem carefully by steps if needed. Too short the stem will not engage as the crown will thread, too long it will move the dial sideways when you screw the crown
-you can remove the bezel insert with a thin slim razor blade or the thinnest guitar pick (better). You will need this to align the bezel 60 on the dial 12
This is basically what I was going to ask you in a DM, so thank you very much good sir!

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
also, the rep movement has a black holder with a fake battery 😅
remove it inside the rep case, and before taking out the stem. stabilize the movement with a toothpick and use tweezers to lift it out

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Looks nice! I think because the case on these was originally red, a red band would look cool as well, with white stitching!
the original plan was to use the red and white bezel, but the plastic/metal interface was just plain ugly

indeed you are right about the red 😍
ordering now 😁

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
the original plan was to use the red and white bezel, but the plastic/metal interface was just plain ugly

indeed you are right about the red 😍
ordering now 😁
So I may or may not be making similar ones for members to change it up a bit for my next run. I picked red bands over white as I want to match the hands. White bezel though. Really excited to see how mine turn out.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
So I may or may not be making similar ones for members to change it up a bit for my next run. I picked red bands over white as I want to match the hands. White bezel though. Really excited to see how mine turn out.
the acrylic crystal look is really cool, especially when you lower the crystal

white bezel? you mean the steel one? I have not found true white