• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another Moonswatch metal case project

Timmer

Known Member
Patron
Certified
17/1/22
My DHG Neptune Snoopy.... initially had the Neptune in a sterile speedmaster case w/blue insert & black rubber strap, but just didn't scratch the itch for me. Then the idea occurred to me to try it in my DHG Snoopy (blue bezel insert & blue fabric strap with DG28xx movement); I like it a lot.

Kenneth17584

Do not accept unsolicited offers
14/1/24

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
The AliX case you listed will be perfect for the 3d printed holder I designed and you linked. The watches_77 Moonswatch will fit the holder, which will fit the case.

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Right. I've decided to finally pull my finger out and get my hands dirty on this. I know you lot are doing these mods with your eyes closed and I'm happy to be giggled at but we've gotta start somewhere right?

Got the donor watch coming from the watches_77 store and the case from Dwayne Campbell. Holders have already been provided via the UK contact (thank you @Yellowsubmarine and all others involved) and I think we're set.

Wish me luck 🙏 😂

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
Right. I've decided to finally pull my finger out and get my hands dirty on this. I know you lot are doing these mods with your eyes closed and I'm happy to be giggled at but we've gotta start somewhere right?

Got the donor watch coming from the watches_77 store and the case from Dwayne Campbell. Holders have already been provided via the UK contact (thank you @Yellowsubmarine and all others involved) and I think we're set.

Wish me luck 🙏 😂
Let us know if you need any help. Toughest part is trimming the stem to the right length, but looks like stems are available again which is great!

McManus

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
5/2/24
USA
Another inspired builder here soon! I just ordered a couple of donors from watches_77 as they are on sale, a couple of cases, some PE50 movements, and a couple band options. This looks like it's going to be a fun rabbit hole! It was a fun 2-hour read of all the threads. Thanks for everyone's contributions and thanks to Caboose for the movement holders!

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
Another inspired builder here soon! I just ordered a couple of donors from watches_77 as they are on sale, a couple of cases, some PE50 movements, and a couple band options. This looks like it's going to be a fun rabbit hole! It was a fun 2-hour read of all the threads. Thanks for everyone's contributions and thanks to Caboose for the movement holders!
You don't need new PE50 movements if you don't want, just new stems, which are available on AliX, here:

Another vendor actually has them cheaper here, but this appears to be a new addition:

If you do want the gen movement, you'll have to find a Swatch Irony on eBay and do a dial swap.

McManus

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
5/2/24
USA
You don't need new PE50 movements if you don't want, just new stems, which are available on AliX, here:

Another vendor actually has them cheaper here, but this appears to be a new addition:

If you do want the gen movement, you'll have to find a Swatch Irony on eBay and do a dial swap.
Thanks! It was only a couple bucks more for the whole movement, and, given my natural tendency to want to take things apart, I figured I could go to town on the donor movements with little to no risk monetarily. Definitely worth the couple extra bucks for the fun and with no risk to the project itself!

Last edited:

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
Thanks! It was only a couple bucks more for the whole movement, and, given my natural tendency to want to take things apart, I figured I could go to town on the donor movements with little to no risk monetarily. Definitely worth the couple extra bucks for the fun and with no risk to the project itself!
You could do the sub-dial freezing mod to one movement, and not the other, and see which you like better!

Reactions: McManus and Snooky

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK

I've bought some of these stems as I don't plan to change the movement.