• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress experiments - Non-watch products

WatchFnatic

2/7/15
What do you think about buying sunglasses reps from ali , and replacing the chinese lenses with some good replacement lenses made in the US?

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
What do you think about buying sunglasses reps from ali , and replacing the chinese lenses with some good replacement lenses made in the US?

I don't think it's needed. They can and do make polarized lenses in cheaper glasses. So a knock off place would likely do that.

My lenses are great. If you'd like, tomorrow when it's sunny out I'll take some pictures through the lenses. I have multiple gens, and they're pretty spot on with the lenses. But gen oakleys are cheaper quality anyways..

Ray ban might be a different story, or Tom ford etc.. Companies that use glass lenses or the like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WatchFnatic

2/7/15
Well you make sense but the thing is , how can i be sure that the chinese lenses wont cause damage to my vision? Wouldnt it be nice to get aftermarket US quality lenses?
Youll still end up paying less than half of what gens go for.

WatchFnatic

2/7/15
I don't think it's needed. They can and do make polarized lenses in cheaper glasses. So a knock off place would likely do that.

My lenses are great. If you'd like, tomorrow when it's sunny out I'll take some pictures through the lenses. I have multiple gens, and they're pretty spot on with the lenses. But gen oakleys are cheaper quality anyways..

Ray ban might be a different story, or Tom ford etc.. Companies that use glass lenses or the like.

Well you make sense but the thing is , how can i be sure that the chinese lenses wont cause damage to my vision? Wouldnt it be nice to get aftermarket US quality lenses?

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC

No I completely agree, as I have poor vision already due to light sensitivity.. Grew up at the beach and beach life guard for a very long time.. Still to this day I have to wear sunglasses from sunrise to sunset, and polarized. That's why I was quite concerned with them..

Monday when I return to work, I'll take a look to see what I have laying in the lab to test the quality of light for the lenses verse my gens. (I know I have the equipment at my university, just need to search lol)

But I don't see a problem with changing out the lenses at all! It's easy enough to do!

WatchFnatic

2/7/15
No I completely agree, as I have poor vision already due to light sensitivity.. Grew up at the beach and beach life guard for a very long time.. Still to this day I have to wear sunglasses from sunrise to sunset, and polarized. That's why I was quite concerned with them..

Monday when I return to work, I'll take a look to see what I have laying in the lab to test the quality of light for the lenses verse my gens. (I know I have the equipment at my university, just need to search lol)

But I don't see a problem with changing out the lenses at all! It's easy enough to do!

Can you try to pop out the lenses on your reps holbrook and see if the gens fit in it? In holbrook you just need to push it gently with 2 fingers and it pops.

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
Can you try to pop out the lenses on your reps holbrook and see if the gens fit in it? In holbrook you just need to push it gently with 2 fingers and it pops.

The gens i got out no problem.. The reps on the other hand, are a little more tricky lol I will try in the morning when I haven't been drinking so much!

WatchFnatic

2/7/15
The gens i got out no problem.. The reps on the other hand, are a little more tricky lol I will try in the morning when I haven't been drinking so much!

Thanks alot!
Waiting for your update :)

sebastianbf

Horology Curious
14/9/12
So I guess one out of two ain't bad? :p

YL4Zzbd.jpg

Aside from being snapped in half during transit due to just being posted in a paper shipping bag and some tissue paper, my comments for this one are the same as the last one. The detailing is the same, action is the same, overall excellent. Since it's DOA I also tried scratching it with some sharp plastic but I couldn't make a dent in the coatings so they are perhaps more scratch resistant than anticipated. Seller will no doubt replace or refund. Spare refill and lid for me!

The broken one is made of resin or metal?

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
How are your wayfarers? Are Adidas made of leather? How's the polo?

?????????? ? ????? iPad ????????? Tapatalk

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy

?????????? ? ????? iPad ????????? Tapatalk

This wayfarer are many beautiful, but with plastic lenses ...

I have just ordered a version of wayfarer with glass polarized lenses and I'm waiting that them airrive to me :)

this lacoste cotton is very good, as well as its manufacturing, considering that costs only 7/8 $ with a shipping ...

Link to the Stan Smiths, please!!!

Hi mate :) ,

unfortunately the link is down:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015...sual-shoes-Men-Women-Running/32354123434.html

However, this is the seller:
http://it.aliexpress.com/store/1711936

And however you can find this same shoes for example at this link at good price:

http://it.aliexpress.com/item/2015-...en-Sport-Shoes-Running-Shoes/32372594891.html

;)

sir_loin

Horology Curious
3/4/15
I'm in love with aliexpress :D

That's the best fake lacoste logo I've seen. The mouth is a little wider, the green is a little darker and the tail is a little thicker on gen, but still pretty damn good. Got a link?

umirza85

12/6/15

I've bought those exact wayfarers a year ago. I use them for when I'm walking around town and don't want to carry my gens as I always managed to drop them - they are perfect for this. My brother tells me they look like cheap 3d glasses but they are alright, even has the small RB engraved on the lens. I would def like to pay a little more and get ones with glass lenses though I can't seem to find a link.

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
I'm in love with aliexpress :D

Lacoste link, please?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

That's the best fake lacoste logo I've seen. The mouth is a little wider, the green is a little darker and the tail is a little thicker on gen, but still pretty damn good. Got a link?

I'm sorry guys, the lik is dead:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/famo...-Man-s-solid-polo-shirt-Plus/32317575901.html

But this is the link of the seller:

http://it.aliexpress.com/store/127183