• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress experiments - Non-watch products

Basket491

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/6/15
I had a couple England kits delivered during the last world cup. Was more than happy with the quality. Even if they only last a few years its great.

Yeah and being in the UK with basketball jerseys hardly anyone knows what year there from anyway

tootall

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Strap Maker)
2/5/06
Have any of you found Costa Del Mar replica's? I know sometimes you have to search by putting in keywords that are slightly different. I cannot find any reps of any of the Costa del Mar sunglasses for Men.

Eschenpod

Renowned Member
21/11/12
I just ordered this Shirogorov knife - anyone else have experience?

QUOTE=P4GTR;2238226]Sure, yes the Shirogorov. the review follows...

IMG_8807_zpsoddrfbl4.jpg

The gen.

8820_zpsliv1pnao.jpg

Long winded review and more pics of mother Russia's most prideful knife maker, Shirogorov:

You can't order one.. And you can't even look at their website- It's Russian only (I know. google translate). Enter Aliexpress... :sconehead:

I purchased this from Kevin John, arguably one of the most reputed knife makers in the far east. This particular clone comes with a lot of claims boasting "highest performance cost ratio in China, real D2 we welcome you to test". I had to try one. :payup: But, I digress like a thread about dry lube. :sigh:

Link to seller/knife- http://www.aliexpres...2278966656.html

Interesting to note is this knife shipped from Amsterdam, not China. :joint: Strange. Interesting. Wish they would've sent a 1/4 along with it.

The steel is not poor quality. The heat treat is well done and there are no defects in the material. There are a small imperfection or two in the full flat grind, however no more than you would find on a brand new Spyderco. Yeah, I said it Sal.

The knife arrived after a few weeks and right out of the box was well adjusted. There was not too much oil, nor was there any need to adjust for blade play. The blade was perfectly centered and I was immediately comfortable flicking it open with my thumb as well as single handed axis lock operation/closing. The blade was not razor sharp from the factory, however the grinds again were of top quality. I was able to bring the blade to hair splitting sharpness with just a few passes on the Spyderco sharpmaker.

The axis lock has ambidextrous screw down thumb studs. One of the few gripes I have with this knife is that these stud "caps" get loose. This is a big deal. I keep borrowing my thumbnail to check they are tight. A good knife is one you do not have to constantly mind after, that sort of temperament is one I abhor above just about any other. Thankfully, a little blue locktite will remedy this. Before you do yours, break it in before using loctite so you can locate the sweet spot for the screws. The metal screws and nuts themselves are of high quality. Everything is done to the level I would expect of a high end production knife maker. There is even a tiny, sandblasted ring around the thumb stud where it meets the blade. High quality fit/finish is everywhere. The liners end in a protruding lip around the entire circumference of the scales. The scales need a better finish such as sand blasting or light brushing. I think the gen blade rides on ceramic roller bearings? Quite ridiculous. This clone has the proven and familiar feel of copper washers which I am fine with. I would expect an assisted opener or an auto for the added complications the gen action brings.

Overall I would say the knife delivers as promised. I am 100% happy with the purchase and would have to agree that the performance/cost is probably the highest I have ever seen. The overall quality of the knife is excellent, on par with low/mid range offerings from high end production brands. Since this was a positive experience, I will be ordering another knife soon. I plan to test something against one of my gens.. I have my eye on "high quality version" DLC/carbon fiber Paramilitary as well as others.

Thanks for reading the spiel.. here's the pics.

IMG_8808_zpsfysbiepu.jpg

IMG_8809_zpspryyy0co.jpg

IMG_8810_zpsyjcvib6m.jpg

backspacer jimping

IMG_8811_zpshj5cd6bi.jpg

tang/lock area finish..

IMG_8812_zpsb3qtnbpf.jpg

IMG_8813_zpsdkebfaq8.jpg

IMG_8814_zpsikumwfqk.jpg

IMG_8815_zpsdasxvcgp.jpg

IMG_8822_zpsiyhuohy6.jpg

IMG_8816_zpsmbq1evfd.jpg

IMG_8817_zps629p6qmc.jpg

IMG_8818_zpsuyo1xz8i.jpg

IMG_8821_zps1ytbgpc2.jpg

IMG_8819_zps7cpm8myi.jpg

IMG_8820_zpsis7n3v9y.jpg

next to current gen Endura

IMG_8823_zpsglorhjls.jpg

IMG_8824_zpsle6tsdm0.jpg

Blade finish compared to 2014 Spyderco Bob Lum fixed blade sprint run

IMG_8825_zpsllljroi5.jpg

IMG_8826_zpszty6fevo.jpg

IMG_8829_zps9wpzqyev.jpg

IMG_8830_zpssdzprnnf.jpg

IMG_8832_zpsslk4ij5q.jpg

Paramilitary has some carry grime, apologies.

IMG_8834_zpsuyo0gsfj.jpg

IMG_8835_zpso6xaxy13.jpg
[/QUOTE]

eliano

Renowned Member
15/11/14
After looking at ali for quite some time and never ordering ive bitten the bullet....more than once, it's addictive.
I've ordered 4 pairs of ray bans, some cheap (£6) and some a bit more (£16), I have the gen versions of both styles ive ordered so a mini review to follow. I've also ordered a boker knife and a tag f1 quartz , I have about 20 other things on my wishlist !!!!!

vigilantejosh

Getting To Know The Place
19/2/15
I've just had 2 nba jerseys delivered a throwback Jordan and the new cavs with James on. Back .. Quality is unreal and where about £8 each.. Just got about another 25 things to get delivered now :)
Seller link for the jerseys?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Lou88

Renowned Member
20/4/14
Need some help guys.. New to AE and was trying to find some cartier love bracelets. What keywords should i be searching for? The links previously posted are dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silverfox47

Renowned Member
Certified
9/2/15
Cali
Need some help guys.. New to AE and was trying to find some cartier love bracelets. What keywords should i be searching for? The links previously posted are dead.

Use Accessories Now in here if you want solid bracelets. If not type " bracelet love screwdriver " and you should find some cheap stuff. Beware of bait and switch. But the payment process will help get some of your cash back.

Lou88

Renowned Member
20/4/14

Use Accessories Now in here if you want solid bracelets. If not type " bracelet love screwdriver " and you should find some cheap stuff. Beware of bait and switch. But the payment process will help get some of your cash back.

Thanks buddy! Will go check out accessories now

Ing. Gabriel

Getting To Know The Place
14/5/15
I got d&g rayban Armani and one other one. I plan on popping out the lenses and putting in my prescription lens in there. The raybans are going to get a prescription sunglasses lens.

I was thinking in doing the same but I dont know if when I sent the glasses to do the prescription lens they will tell me that they are replicas...

Which model do yoy recommend me, something tthat have a lot of models with the same kind of lens to change btween them

Greetings

Lou88

Renowned Member
20/4/14
I was thinking in doing the same but I dont know if when I sent the glasses to do the prescription lens they will tell me that they are replicas...

Which model do yoy recommend me, something tthat have a lot of models with the same kind of lens to change btween them

Greetings

I actually got a pair of chrome hearts specs but didnt know if it would be possible to swap the lenses to actual prescription lenses for use. Some qns i had in mind were: would they have lenses of that size?

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
After looking at ali for quite some time and never ordering ive bitten the bullet....more than once, it's addictive.
I've ordered 4 pairs of ray bans, some cheap (£6) and some a bit more (£16), I have the gen versions of both styles ive ordered so a mini review to follow. I've also ordered a boker knife and a tag f1 quartz , I have about 20 other things on my wishlist !!!!!

I'm excited for this review!

The Ray bans that were posted do not look like my gens at all.. So I'm excitd to see the review!