• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress experiments - Non-watch products

umirza85

12/6/15
Just ordered another DW watch, this time a little more expensive than the previous one that was posted. This one seems to have the correct strap, I've also ordered a male/female. Will post pictures once they arrive.

lukko

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
I've bought those exact wayfarers a year ago. I use them for when I'm walking around town and don't want to carry my gens as I always managed to drop them - they are perfect for this. My brother tells me they look like cheap 3d glasses but they are alright, even has the small RB engraved on the lens. I would def like to pay a little more and get ones with glass lenses though I can't seem to find a link.

Hi mate, i've paid only 7 euro for this wayfarer... it's a good product, but lens are plastic, not glass like the original...

they do not have UV400 protection.

I have just bought a couple of wayfarer top quality with glass polarized lenses and real UV400 protection. Soon I should receive them ...

umirza85

12/6/15
Hi mate, i've paid only 7 euro for this wayfarer... it's a good product, but lens are plastic, not glass like the original...

they do not have UV400 protection.

I have just bought a couple of wayfarer top quality with glass polarized lenses and real UV400 protection. Soon I should receive them ...

Also just found a pair with glass lenses, am waiting for seller to send me real pictures.

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
I've bought those exact wayfarers a year ago. I use them for when I'm walking around town and don't want to carry my gens as I always managed to drop them - they are perfect for this. My brother tells me they look like cheap 3d glasses but they are alright, even has the small RB engraved on the lens. I would def like to pay a little more and get ones with glass lenses though I can't seem to find a link.

I've bought really great ones, posted the link and a few crappy pics earlier, I can post a short review with good pics a bit later.

?????????? ? ????? iPad ????????? Tapatalk

umirza85

12/6/15
I've bought really great ones, posted the link and a few crappy pics earlier, I can post a short review with good pics a bit later.

Im assuming that most glass lens based ones should be the same so that would be great, even just a few close up pics would be more than appreciated.

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
Here's another copyright infringement from Aliexpress (cookie cutter shaped like the Apple logo) :D Could not resist. Tudor BB V2 for size comparison.
Solid packaging with bubble wrap. But it took 30 days to deliver, though.

vppul78m.jpg

Basket491

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/6/15
I've just had 2 nba jerseys delivered a throwback Jordan and the new cavs with James on. Back .. Quality is unreal and where about £8 each.. Just got about another 25 things to get delivered now :)

umirza85

12/6/15
I've just had 2 nba jerseys delivered a throwback Jordan and the new cavs with James on. Back .. Quality is unreal and where about £8 each.. Just got about another 25 things to get delivered now :)

I had a couple England kits delivered during the last world cup. Was more than happy with the quality. Even if they only last a few years its great.

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
Here are some pics of my Wayfarer. Ordered matte black ones, and had worn them for a few days now. These are nicely done, look and feel solid.
577ac7b1c44cb21c7d5ee3436b6bb0f0.jpg
ec4321e1c5018cd522c7ff1bf45de524.jpg
ab978c5cc53be2b3a9f4b15369bc1e5f.jpg
47e17ce48c8ae84c86072ac971fc84d9.jpg

Time taker

Known Member
9/3/13
Anyone else got a link to Lacoste polo's?? I bought one a few weeks ago and the material was really thin [emoji17]

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
Thanks alot!
Waiting for your update :)

Alright mate! Here it is..

Got the lenses out. First note the thickness:
8faf522154f0372a6ddc711296cfd1f7.jpg

Gen clearly on left.

The lenses are playable in the rep and not in the gen.

96713a077fc4297f6ba89d7673ba99a2.jpg

Boom gens fit though!

However the reps are a hell of a lot thinner then I expected, but are polarized pretty good. I just have to find a way at work to test the UV, but I couldn't imagine these are not uv400, as a lot of cheaper sunglasses are. Hope this helps mate!

Here's the lens track in the frame. Gens first, rep second.

6187e96563a5ace8db274108bea71441.jpg
5cef45a5eefa8be7895fa76f956f0279.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nurg12

Known Member
3/5/15
Alright mate! Here it is..

Got the lenses out. First note the thickness:

Gen clearly on left.

The lenses are playable in the rep and not in the gen.

Boom gens fit though!

However the reps are a hell of a lot thinner then I expected, but are polarized pretty good. I just have to find a way at work to test the UV, but I couldn't imagine these are not uv400, as a lot of cheaper sunglasses are. Hope this helps mate!

Here's the lens track in the frame. Gens first, rep second.

Just wondering how you get the lenses out of a solid frame?

WatchFnatic

2/7/15
I just pushed the lens at the top towards the nose piece outwards gently. Like so. Just be careful!
571dc850d888c7c7e205cacbf01d4a4b.jpg

First of all , thanks alot for helping the community!
You are very informative.

Can you give me the link of where you bought the reps?
Ill buy them , trash the lenses and order a replacement of high quality.
Ill just keep the frame.

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
First of all , thanks alot for helping the community!
You are very informative.

Can you give me the link of where you bought the reps?
Ill buy them , trash the lenses and order a replacement of high quality.
Ill just keep the frame.

Thanks a lot!

I like explaining thing a so everyone can understand them hopefully. It's the best way to know what you're getting. And awesome! Let me know how that works out!

I might just start swapping lens between them :)

Link: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Holb...957.html?tracelog=ae-app-ios-sharefor-shkmail

If you see Kay

Respected Member
26/1/09
I got d&g rayban Armani and one other one. I plan on popping out the lenses and putting in my prescription lens in there. The raybans are going to get a prescription sunglasses lens.