• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress experiments - Non-watch products

orson

Renowned Member
8/12/09
Feedback is quite important when buying from any online site and some feedback on Aliex is laughable.

I clicked on one of the start page specials, a Philips razor clone, and the feedback names accompanied by a US flag were IndustriA, Dacron, PrefecT, EthnoL and suchlike giving great praise in pidgin English.

"I used to grow beard just because I was lazy about it. Now I shave 5 times a day, I love shaving with this machine!!"

"Nice shaver, high quality. fast delivery. and it just need takes 1 hours to fully recharge."

"Excellent!!Fast shpping.Very sharp shaver.The seller are very nice.I will Recommend."

"great waterproof.I don't need to worry about the it any more"

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...809.html?spm=5261.7743274.1998570487.1.CIsF2F

ProFound

17/8/14

Are you used to an electric shaver? Myself and all of my friends who tried to go electric hated it. Hard to get that nice close shave. For the best shave, buy a Merkur Safety Razor. Closest shave, blades are stupid cheap, and more precise. Only downside is there are no quick shaves with it, as you need to take your time and be careful when dealing with razor blades. But once you get the hang of it, you do get faster.

http://www.amazon.com/Merkur-Long-H...435897197&sr=8-1&keywords=merkur+safety+razor

If you like the cartridge type blade systems, ditch Gilette and go with Dorco. Unfortunate name but it's very cheap, and it's the same company that Dollar Shave Club sources their products from.

http://www.dorcousa.com

panermaniac

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
25/5/12
China

silverfox47

Renowned Member
Certified
9/2/15
Cali
Cheers for the post mak, I ordered a pair last night as well. As for the stores shutting down, they don't really shut down. They just open under different names when they get popped for copyright and other things. what to do is when you have a seller you like reach out to him with email and after that just ask him what the current store name is.

Good to know. I've put them in my fav's list but none have moved only run out of stuff.

silverfox47

Renowned Member
Certified
9/2/15
Cali
Feedback is quite important when buying from any online site and some feedback on Aliex is laughable.

I clicked on one of the start page specials, a Philips razor clone, and the feedback names accompanied by a US flag were IndustriA, Dacron, PrefecT, EthnoL and suchlike giving great praise in pidgin English.

"I used to grow beard just because I was lazy about it. Now I shave 5 times a day, I love shaving with this machine!!"

"Nice shaver, high quality. fast delivery. and it just need takes 1 hours to fully recharge."

"Excellent!!Fast shpping.Very sharp shaver.The seller are very nice.I will Recommend."

"great waterproof.I don't need to worry about the it any more"

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...809.html?spm=5261.7743274.1998570487.1.CIsF2F

And they all joined on the same day.

silverfox47

Renowned Member
Certified
9/2/15
Cali
Looks good - how does the leather feel?

When measuring belts, do you include the buckle or do you just measure the leather?

Some site will have a pic on how to measure. I just used my current belt and changed the size to cm.
But it is usually just the leather

orson

Renowned Member
8/12/09
Are you used to an electric shaver? Myself and all of my friends who tried to go electric hated it.

I've used both over the years and generally wet shave; the post however was from randomly clicking the special offers link, I was not looking to buy.

finchy

Horology Curious
7/4/12
Overall impressions: It feels solid and has a great weight to it. The lead feeding mechanism is 'different'. You don't click the pen like a pencil, but you twist once to feed, back to lock. Haven't figured out how to refill this pencil with new lead but I gather it's feeding it back while in the feed twist mode.

It's gonna get hard to get used to not having an eraser on the other trip as is true for most mechanical pencils. Overall, really impressed!

Details:

Order Date - June 5th
Received - July 2nd
China --> Canada
Link to Product: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High...hipping-pen-Mechanical-pencil/1639769084.html
Price Paid: $8.40 USD

Are you me lol? I ordered the same pencil from the same shop and had the same thoughts as you. Impressed, but no eraser at the top will take some getting used to. To refill, unscrew it, take out the insert, pull the black top off, and add new lead.

I ordered on 17th June and it arrived in Thailand yesterday, 2nd.

Tomfun

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/1/13
I received a pair of holbrooks on Wednesday. Ordered 15/6/15. The lenses have a Ducati signature on them but the arms have VR46 lol. Emailed seller but he's said that if I want correct I have to buy better version and he will give me discount.

All in all they are not bad for $11. Won't post pics as these are the same as ones posted a couple of pages back.

Going on holiday tomorrow so I'll see how these fair up and maybe buy a better set when I get back.

finchy

Horology Curious
7/4/12
I have also bought the forums favourite, MB Starwalkers in black and silver from http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-pc...ller-ball-pen-with-brand-mark/1936402494.html . Good quality but I am used to ballpoints and this took some getting used to when writing as it seems to harder to control, if that makes sense. They cost GBP 10.95 for the pair.

I received this today, http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MB-i...composition-book-notepad-post/2014865813.html , after I saw someone mention it earlier in the thread. First impressions are that it seems decent enough and it looks just like the pics. I wasn't sure if the paper came with it so bought an extra notepad, but you do get one. Cost was GBP 18.29 for the notebook and GBP 7.93 for the extra 100 page notepad. Ordered on the 17th and received in Bangkok today.

I have also bought a pair of Persol 714's from here http://www.aliexpress.com/item/fash...y-gradient-lens-free-shipping/1275339422.html. I paid GBP 34.91 for them. Very good quality, but they are a big size. There is no adjustable nosepiece and it is a little large, so it slips down a little which is annoying. If it wasn't for that they would be perfect.

ProFound

17/8/14
I have also bought a pair of Persol 714's from here http://www.aliexpress.com/item/fash...y-gradient-lens-free-shipping/1275339422.html. I paid GBP 34.91 for them. Very good quality, but they are a big size. There is no adjustable nosepiece and it is a little large, so it slips down a little which is annoying. If it wasn't for that they would be perfect.

LOL, we are the same person. I just got a pair of gen 714's the other week. Love the style...

To prevent slippage down your nose, try shaping the hooks behind the ears to be more perpendicular and curve in a bit. This will give you a better head wrap. Sunglass hut does it with a special blowdryer attachment to heat the plastic just enough to mould it into shape. You could probably do it without the attachment and your own blowdryer.

AHX

Renowned Member
3/12/10
I have seen some rep fine liners, his might be a rollerball which is switchable refill so that's all good but it's actually the body of the pen he has I'm keen on. I could only find the ballpoint twist one not the fineliner/rollerball cap body he has.

EDIT: He got back to me. It was from store "AA Pen Store" so I've just bought that Starwalker Doue Rollerball, plus the Starwalker Midnight Black Rollerball version from "The Writing Gene". Shiny for home, black for work! :D

YnvXYJF.jpg

So the Starwalker Midnight Black Rollerball turned up! All I can say is holy shit, it is perfection. I haven't seen one in person but comparing to gen pics and video reviews it is totally spot on. The one flaw I was expecting was a clear crystal on the end instead of lightly tinted, but although it's a little hard to tell, it looks lightly tinted. I think I'll need the standard Doue version to show up to compare to make a judgment on this one. But otherwise, the logo is centred in the crystal and is not pointed, everything is ultra crisp, the threads for the cap are fantastic, the only minor flaw I could find is that the tiny threads that hold the end onto the base (For accessing the refills) is not perfectly finished visually. It also looks like the threads for the cap may wear a little if tightened hard given the dark colouring on the metal parts, but it's very barely noticeable and even the gen may do this as that is technically also plated. I'm very picky about flaws and these two are tiny, even for me. Seller was The Writing Gene, it was a bit expensive for an MB pen rep but worth it in my opinion especially cause I'll have a matching pair when the second arrives. Link.

Unfortunately I only have an iPhone for pics, but even so, here you go. Excuse the lid clip, it's perfectly finished, just smudged.

By the way, the "leather" bag is garbage but we all know that. Binned that :p

5THfsIR.jpg

So I guess one out of two ain't bad? :p

YL4Zzbd.jpg

Aside from being snapped in half during transit due to just being posted in a paper shipping bag and some tissue paper, my comments for this one are the same as the last one. The detailing is the same, action is the same, overall excellent. Since it's DOA I also tried scratching it with some sharp plastic but I couldn't make a dent in the coatings so they are perhaps more scratch resistant than anticipated. Seller will no doubt replace or refund. Spare refill and lid for me!

finchy

Horology Curious
7/4/12
LOL, we are the same person. I just got a pair of gen 714's the other week. Love the style...

To prevent slippage down your nose, try shaping the hooks behind the ears to be more perpendicular and curve in a bit. This will give you a better head wrap. Sunglass hut does it with a special blowdryer attachment to heat the plastic just enough to mould it into shape. You could probably do it without the attachment and your own blowdryer.

Cheers for the tip. I'll give it a go.

GetSomeMoney

10/7/13
Just a word of caution to anyone looking to order the G-Shocks from the links posted, two of the sub dials on the watch do not work, just there for looks, kind of a deal breaker for me cause with an extra 50 bucks I can get the real deal, fully functioning but others may not care, just wanted to put it out there, saw some video reviews about the watches.

pirho123

Known Member
6/11/12
Guys I don't recommend to buy any g-shock reps. Not worth it. They are all crap (no waterresistance, somethimes not all subdials work, low quality), better add some money and buy gen.

Sheeba89

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/5/15