• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress experiments - Non-watch products

JimmyD750

Renowned Member
Certified
18/3/15
St. Louis, MO
I have several genuine rl polos all in the same size. The horse is always below the rectangular button pleat part. The reps are always above. A minor detail for some but just so bloody frustrating

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
I agree! I too have many gen RL polos, and they're ALL in the same location. To be fair, they range from 1 to 10 years old. But they are in the same spot you mentioned. The pics I looked at online looked to be same as these, but some minor variances were there with some. Some looked like the logo was centered in line with the button pleat, not above or below. I do know this....NONE were above said bottom pleat. Not that I saw.

eliano

Renowned Member
15/11/14
I agree! I too have many gen RL polos, and they're ALL in the same location. To be fair, they range from 1 to 10 years old. But they are in the same spot you mentioned. The pics I looked at online looked to be same as these, but some minor variances were there with some. Some looked like the logo was centered in line with the button pleat, not above or below. I do know this....NONE were above said bottom pleat. Not that I saw.
Glad someone agrees. As said its a very minor detail ,that they could remedy so easily. But for £10 they are an absolute bargain

barth

Respected Member
5/10/12
Or maybe the collar is just longer on the rep, and the pony is positioned well ?

eliano

Renowned Member
15/11/14
Or maybe the collar is just longer on the rep, and the pony is positioned well ?
I will check when im home. That is a possibility. Unless someone can snap a pic now to check. The quality itself is great and well worth ordering, just wish buyers would stop posting pics on ali feedback. They Will get shutdown soon...its a double edged sword as us buyers want pics but if there shown it will inevitably be shutdown. Btw the ali seller has a website page where all products can be viewed .ive lost the link but if you message them they will send to you

barth

Respected Member
5/10/12
I will check when im home. That is a possibility. Unless someone can snap a pic now to check. The quality itself is great and well worth ordering, just wish buyers would stop posting pics on ali feedback. They Will get shutdown soon...its a double edged sword as us buyers want pics but if there shown it will inevitably be shutdown. Btw the ali seller has a website page where all products can be viewed .ive lost the link but if you message them they will send to you

True that.

Here's the page http://v.yupoo.com/photos/13751756688/albums/

Mendota

Respected Member
16/10/08
MN
I have several genuine rl polos all in the same size. The horse is always below the rectangular button pleat part. The reps are always above. A minor detail for some but just so bloody frustrating

The new ones are now located with the middle of the pony lined up with the bottom of the button seem. So correct - these reps are about 1 inch too high, but not 2 inches when compared to my gen solids, which are all at least 8 years old to 20+ years old.

My gen Polo golf shirts have the logo lined up with the crest/logo on the same level as the bottom of the button seem, so even back then they were using different locations but you are right - these are still about an inch too high.

eliano

Renowned Member
15/11/14
The new ones are now located with the middle of the pony lined up with the bottom of the button seem. So correct - these reps are about 1 inch too high, but not 2 inches when compared to my gen solids, which are all at least 8 years old.

My gen Polo golf shirts have the logo lined up with the pony on the same level as the bottom of the button seem.
I think we should all now just accept them for what they are lol. Even though I was the initial moaner haha.
Ftr I have a few lovely rl cotton tracksuits for sale on the non watch section ( shameless plug ;) )

Mendota

Respected Member
16/10/08
MN
[MENTION=92113]eliano[/MENTION] - I agree. They are cheap reps. But still, they can pick any location to embroider it. Why go through all of the trouble to get the tags right and set up the embroidery machines only to have them in the wrong spot?!? LOL

I really hope they don't get shut down. There are tons of things on there I want to try out!

I looked at the new link with the pics of his entire catalog but his do we order those other items? Does it all tie back into his Ali store?

eliano

Renowned Member
15/11/14
[MENTION=92113]eliano[/MENTION] - I agree. They are cheap reps. But still, they can pick any location to embroider it. Why go through all of the trouble to get the tags right and set up the embroidery machines only to have them in the wrong spot?!? LOL

I really hope they don't get shut down. There are tons of things on there I want to try out!

I looked at the new link with the pics of his entire catalog but his do we order those other items? Does it all tie back into his Ali store?
I think 90 percent off that website are already on his ali store, but obviously on ali it doesn't show the logos so the website is a good way of identifying the brand hes listed

Mendota

Respected Member
16/10/08
MN
I think 90 percent off that website are already on his ali store, but obviously on ali it doesn't show the logos so the website is a good way of identifying the brand hes listed

Makes sense. There are so many things that look really cool. I'm wondering if the pics are of gens or actual items, though? The quality in the pics is outstanding and with prices they low you can just go crazy.

eliano

Renowned Member
15/11/14
Makes sense. There are so many things that look really cool. I'm wondering if the pics are of gens or actual items, though? The quality in the pics is outstanding and with prices they low you can just go crazy.
I think they maybe gen pics also.

barth

Respected Member
5/10/12
I guess model pics are gen pics; but the rest are his own pics. No point in logo close-ups (such as with Lacoste stuff, which I'm going to get a bunch of) otherwise.

Mendota

Respected Member
16/10/08
MN
I guess model pics are gen pics; but the rest are his own pics. No point in logo close-ups (such as with Lacoste stuff, which I'm going to get a bunch of) otherwise.
Good point. He even shows stitching and buttons, pics of the seams, tails on the shirts, collars, cuffs, etc. Some of the stuff looks really nice. I found a whole bunch of other things I want to try. This Ali Express could become addicting!

barth

Respected Member
5/10/12
Good point. He even shows stitching and buttons, pics of the seams, tails on the shirts, collars, cuffs, etc. Some of the stuff looks really nice. I found a whole bunch of other things I want to try. This Ali Express could become addicting!

We're in the same boat here mate. I ordered a RL polo to see which size I need. But when I find out, I might go full nuts.

Mendota

Respected Member
16/10/08
MN
We're in the same boat here mate. I ordered a RL polo to see which size I need. But when I find out, I might go full nuts.
Me too! One polo to test size and then this train is leaving the station.

barth

Respected Member
5/10/12
Me too! One polo to test size and then this train is leaving the station.

Damn this gonna be good !
Hopefully UK customs stay as nice, because I'll soon have full cargos coming my way

eliano

Renowned Member
15/11/14
Damn this gonna be good !
Hopefully UK customs stay as nice, because I'll soon have full cargos coming my way
Never ever had one issue with uk customs . probably over 100 items....touch wood.... the only ever minor issue was 2 watches from narikka .hmrc opened the parcel and resealed , 2 watches werent touched , just sent on there way. If you only ever order up to 3 of the same thing id say ul be ok. Last polo order the ali seller split into two parcels :)

Sandman0209

Getting To Know The Place
24/11/11
Real or PU leather?

I got the same one from the same seller. Quality is ok. Suffers from the same issue as all LV Damier accessories. The thickness of the material on the rep is thicker than the gen. Only noticeable from the side view. Material is a thicker version of the waxed canvas on the Keepall duffles.

barth

Respected Member
5/10/12
Never ever had one issue with uk customs . probably over 100 items....touch wood.... the only ever minor issue was 2 watches from narikka .hmrc opened the parcel and resealed , 2 watches werent touched , just sent on there way. If you only ever order up to 3 of the same thing id say ul be ok. Last polo order the ali seller split into two parcels :)

Good to know mate. I live in the UK till end of december; gotta be quick ;)

Mendota

Respected Member
16/10/08
MN

Good advice to keep the number of items in a single order to a minimum.