• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress experiments - Non-watch products

dev1ant

Renowned Member
22/8/10
That is a ballpoint, not rollerball. Options are Gen MB ballpoint refill and Monteverde Gel refill for Mont Blanc.

But I do have the rollerball version of it coming as well (well, the one with the cap). Already have a bunch of ballpoint refills.

Mendota

Respected Member
16/10/08
MN
After ordering 6 of the ralph polos I think there to small lol. Have a load available for possible resale. Will post up soon

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
How much smaller are they running? 1 size? Are they all generally the same quality in terms of logo placement?

adhya

Getting To Know The Place
23/5/12
But I do have the rollerball version of it coming as well (well, the one with the cap). Already have a bunch of ballpoint refills.

Rep rollerball refills are not bad - just each one have varying tip thickness. I would go for Gen refills - rollerball or fineliner. It is possible to refill the refills. There are instruction videos in youtube.

cmaster

6/9/13
Rep rollerball refills are not bad - just each one have varying tip thickness. I would go for Gen refills - rollerball or fineliner. It is possible to refill the refills. There are instruction videos in youtube.

Where do you score the rep fine liners?

cmaster

6/9/13
Got my $13 MB Midnight Black SW pen that others were buying for $27. Looks pretty good but I need to pick up some genuine rollerball refills unless anyone has some suggestions. Is it perfect? Of course not. You can't get 1:1 reps of MB. But it's $13 vs $525.
DRUc7Kj.jpg

AORkTSU.jpg

I love the look of this pen. You probably posted the link to Ali about 7500 pages ago; could you post it again? Thanks

eliano

I'm Pretty Popular
15/11/14
How much smaller are they running? 1 size? Are they all generally the same quality in terms of logo placement?
I have ordered xl custom fit. They do just fit but I fear after a wash they may not

Mendota

Respected Member
16/10/08
MN
I have ordered xl custom fit. They do just fit but I fear after a wash they may not

Does the seller give you the choice between custom fit and classic fit? I don't see that option anywhere in the seller's options. Or do they just arrive custom fit? I apologize if you already mentioned this.

You didn't by any chance happen to order brown, orange, bergundy/wine, yellow, pink, or sky blue did you? Just wondering if you have real world pics of those colors. I'm just looking to round out my solid colors with those. I have every other color in gen. I also want more stripes, but I didn't see any of those featured.

eliano

I'm Pretty Popular
15/11/14
Does the seller give you the choice between custom fit and classic fit? I don't see that option anywhere in the seller's options. Or do they just arrive custom fit? I apologize if you already mentioned this.

You didn't by any chance happen to order brown, orange, bergundy/wine, yellow, pink, or sky blue did you? Just wondering if you have real world pics of those colors. I'm just looking to round out my solid colors with those. I have every other color in gen. I also want more stripes, but I didn't see any of those featured.
There all custom fit. Ive ordered wine, sky blue , red, royal blue, navy and purple

Mendota

Respected Member
16/10/08
MN
There all custom fit. Ive ordered wine, sky blue , red, royal blue, navy and purple

Sorry to be a pain in the butt. If you get a chance, could I see what the sky blue, wine, and purple look like? You can even just PM a pic to me, too. No worries if it is too much trouble. I ordered an orange one as a test.

eliano

I'm Pretty Popular
15/11/14
Sorry to be a pain in the butt. If you get a chance, could I see what the sky blue, wine, and purple look like? You can even just PM a pic to me, too. No worries if it is too much trouble. I ordered an orange one as a test.
7a349f37cb7c3e3e5e114235ba75838f.jpg

3f8ffebd84e38d36d3784e7933a52bf9.jpg

2974c88e5a6009f6641dad59f0148678.jpg

9dccf5436c1a770ea00c9c0fcb38df57.jpg

e5cfdfc7fb9614ed64a79922236c67d3.jpg

7435f103fd54160fad3fddbd8fd49c89.jpg

eliano

I'm Pretty Popular
15/11/14
Apologies for the rubbish pics

Mendota

Respected Member
16/10/08
MN
Apologies for the rubbish pics

No worries. Thanks for the pics. It is such a shame that they put the pony where they did. It takes no more effort to just put it in the right spot. :facepalm: I never would have noticed it before, but now it is all I can see.

JimmyD750

Renowned Member
Certified
18/3/15
St. Louis, MO
No worries. Thanks for the pics. It is such a shame that they put the pony where they did. It takes no more effort to just put it in the right spot. :facepalm: I never would have noticed it before, but now it is all I can see.
I'm with you on that one. Chest, not collarbone!

Mendota

Respected Member
16/10/08
MN
I'm with you on that one. Chest, not collarbone!

Well g*ddamn. Here's something very interesting. Someone mentioned Slick Deals earlier in this thread, so I just went there. There isn't anything currently offered, but an old deal took me right to the Macy's website. When looking at RL Polos on the Macy's website, sure as sh*t, the pony is actually positioned almost in the identical spot as these!! With the gen striped and solids, fancy PIMA cotton or regular, classic or custom fit, the middle of the pony is lined up with the bottom of the seam for the buttons. It is this way for every new RL Polo on the website.

All of my gens in my closet are in a completely different spot - lower down and farther over. So clearly RL has changed the position of the pony for new shirts and now I am dated! LOL So these reps are actually 98% spot on now.

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
Well g*ddamn. Here's something very interesting. Someone mentioned Slick Deals earlier in this thread, so I just went there. There isn't anything currently offered, but an old deal took me right to the Macy's website. When looking at RL Polos on the Macy's website, sure as sh*t, the pony is actually positioned almost in the identical spot as these!! With the gen striped and solids, fancy PIMA cotton or regular, classic or custom fit, the middle of the pony is lined up with the bottom of the seam for the buttons. It is this way for every new RL Polo on the website.

All of my gens in my closet are in a completely different spot - lower down and farther over. So clearly RL has changed the position of the pony for new shirts and now I am dated! LOL So these reps are actually 98% spot on now.

Or maybe Macy's is selling reps! [emoji41][emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hazza

I'm Pretty Popular
28/7/15
In the COURTHOUSE!!

This is his collection as of this week. http://v.yupoo.com/photos/13751756688/albums/12227336/

I remember some striped polos in here. They keep it up to date kindof, his English is pretty good. Likes to refer to the Item# off this site, if it doesn't have a number he might still have it. need to ask.

Good luck!
Haz

sir_loin

Getting To Know The Place
3/4/15

I guess this one kinda looks like it:
http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...kType=#fn=GENDER=Male&PRODUCT_DEPARTMENT=Polo Shirts%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D179%26slotId%3D13%26kws%3Dralph%20lauren%20polo

Or maybe its cause the guy is posing like a douche in every pic