• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress experiments - Non-watch products

ProFound

17/8/14
Lacoste are normally sized in numbers ? I wear a 5 which is like a uk large. What number is xxl ?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Tough to say as the seller doesn't sell by number, and I have yet to receive my XXL shirts...

Hazza

I'm Pretty Popular
28/7/15
In the COURTHOUSE!!
So I only have a few items left in the AliExpress Pipeline. Haven't ordered anything new in a week now which is a major step towards curing myself of my addiction. I've placed over 100 orders for various things and I've learned a lot in this time.

Here are just some bullet points for things that I've learned:

- The sizing is ridiculously small sometimes. I've ordered shirts that are XXL that fit like a us M. I've learned to stop ordering T-shirts because the sizing is next to impossible to nail...
- Lacoste Polo's are surprisingly great. I ordered one from this seller (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...irt-100-cotton-US-size-XS-S-M/1817453414.html) and was surprised at the quality. I proceeded to order like 6 more shirts in various colours because the first one was so damn good.
- Jeans! I've got one shitty pair that is light, thin cotton, and the rest of them have surpassed my expectations. Pretty damn good Diesel reps. I've ordered 6 pairs total now in all different colours.
- Ordering bracelets are ok, but the lavarock bracelets that are all the rage stain your skin. They're cheap and cool but if you wear them for too long, expect your wrist to discolor.
- I never ordered watches on Aliexpress because it's too high risk.
- For wedding shit, Aliexpress is pretty damn good. Ordered a few sample things for my wedding next summer and my fiancee really digs them. More decorating items and stuff...
- I've had 2 disputes so far of all my orders. Items that just haven't reached me by the time my purchase protection was running out. Sucks, but whatever. The disputes are still in process.
- Electronic items are garbage. I've ordered lightning cables and lightning adapters and they don't work. I ordered a USB hub and it seems to have stopped working already. Avoid stuff like that.
- Underwear fits really funny. They don't have any give in the ass area so they don't fit well at all.
- Sunglasses are what pulled me into the world of AliExpress and I have to say I've been impressed by the quality I've received for the most part. RayBan sunglasses tend to be the best of the reps if you can find a decent seller (all of mine have since gone offline). The worst pair I picked up were Prada's that just feel like garbage.
- Montblanc pen's are great. Unreal if you consider the price. Have yet to receive one that I'm not happy about. When I realize an imperfection, I laugh because the pens only cost $8-14! Who cares.
- Don't buy cologne because it's made with inferior ingredients and won't last on your skin for more than an hour.
- Trinkets like watch boxes, piggy banks, laundry baskets and stuff have been decent. Can't complain about those purchases at all.
- I ordered a kick ass halloween costume from Ali. An inflatable riding dinosaur costume. I'm floored at how awesome it is. It's gonna be a hit on halloween for sure.
- Wallets and belts have been hit or miss. They are seriously a pretty big gamble. Everything smells like plastic when it arrives and feels cheap. They don't last and fall apart relatively quickly. Don't expect decent quality at all.
- Not everything is an amazing deal. I bought wireless bluetooth earbuds for $13, and Amazon was selling the same pair for $15 today. Yeah I saved $2 but I get a better return policy and MUCH faster shipping with Amazon. Try to cross reference pricing before you place the order.

That's all of my insight for now. Feel free to shoot me any general AliExpress questions

You got that riding dinosaur costume???? WOW, it is a stellar find!! Everywhere I've seen it "sold out"... Glad you scored, your right it will be a hit NO doubt!!

Mendota

Respected Member
16/10/08
MN
GEEZ... someone wants a Herpes belt!!

In the Land of 10,000 lakes and 10,000,000,000,000 mosquitoes?
Always knew there was fashionable gents in Minnesota[emoji106]

Enjoy'
Haz
LOL They do indeed look damned nice!

Mendota

Respected Member
16/10/08
MN
So I only have a few items left in the AliExpress Pipeline. Haven't ordered anything new in a week now which is a major step towards curing myself of my addiction. I've placed over 100 orders for various things and I've learned a lot in this time.

Here are just some bullet points for things that I've learned:

- The sizing is ridiculously small sometimes. I've ordered shirts that are XXL that fit like a us M. I've learned to stop ordering T-shirts because the sizing is next to impossible to nail...
- Lacoste Polo's are surprisingly great. I ordered one from this seller (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...irt-100-cotton-US-size-XS-S-M/1817453414.html) and was surprised at the quality. I proceeded to order like 6 more shirts in various colours because the first one was so damn good.
- Jeans! I've got one shitty pair that is light, thin cotton, and the rest of them have surpassed my expectations. Pretty damn good Diesel reps. I've ordered 6 pairs total now in all different colours.
- Ordering bracelets are ok, but the lavarock bracelets that are all the rage stain your skin. They're cheap and cool but if you wear them for too long, expect your wrist to discolor.
- I never ordered watches on Aliexpress because it's too high risk.
- For wedding shit, Aliexpress is pretty damn good. Ordered a few sample things for my wedding next summer and my fiancee really digs them. More decorating items and stuff...
- I've had 2 disputes so far of all my orders. Items that just haven't reached me by the time my purchase protection was running out. Sucks, but whatever. The disputes are still in process.
- Electronic items are garbage. I've ordered lightning cables and lightning adapters and they don't work. I ordered a USB hub and it seems to have stopped working already. Avoid stuff like that.
- Underwear fits really funny. They don't have any give in the ass area so they don't fit well at all.
- Sunglasses are what pulled me into the world of AliExpress and I have to say I've been impressed by the quality I've received for the most part. RayBan sunglasses tend to be the best of the reps if you can find a decent seller (all of mine have since gone offline). The worst pair I picked up were Prada's that just feel like garbage.
- Montblanc pen's are great. Unreal if you consider the price. Have yet to receive one that I'm not happy about. When I realize an imperfection, I laugh because the pens only cost $8-14! Who cares.
- Don't buy cologne because it's made with inferior ingredients and won't last on your skin for more than an hour.
- Trinkets like watch boxes, piggy banks, laundry baskets and stuff have been decent. Can't complain about those purchases at all.
- I ordered a kick ass halloween costume from Ali. An inflatable riding dinosaur costume. I'm floored at how awesome it is. It's gonna be a hit on halloween for sure.
- Wallets and belts have been hit or miss. They are seriously a pretty big gamble. Everything smells like plastic when it arrives and feels cheap. They don't last and fall apart relatively quickly. Don't expect decent quality at all.
- Not everything is an amazing deal. I bought wireless bluetooth earbuds for $13, and Amazon was selling the same pair for $15 today. Yeah I saved $2 but I get a better return policy and MUCH faster shipping with Amazon. Try to cross reference pricing before you place the order.

That's all of my insight for now. Feel free to shoot me any general AliExpress questions
Awesome post. Thanks for taking the time to describe this for us.

Do you have a link for the costume? My boys would love it if I got one.

Here's something I've been wondering. I have quite a few items in my shopping cart and on my wish list. Do you recommend placing one large order even though it includes a few different sellers, or is it better to break them up into separate orders for each seller?

ProFound

17/8/14
Dino Costume: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/free...ze-Halloween-Dino-Rider-T-Rex/1867652065.html

It took a long time to receive though. I think I ordered it in July and didn't get it until the beginning of September. It's unlikely that you'll get one in time for halloween. Still a fun thing to own. It has a battery powered fan that keeps it inflated.

As for ordering a large order vs smaller ones, the only benefit I would see that having is that it would be one large credit card charge rather than multiple small ones. But that doesn't trump the benefit of multiple smaller charges because it provides you with that last line of defence if you ever need to dispute a charge direct with the credit card company and not with Ali-express-baba-pay. Tough to dispute a charge or an item if the order has 50 items under a single payment if you know what I mean?

eliano

Renowned Member
15/11/14
Tough to say as the seller doesn't sell by number, and I have yet to receive my XXL shirts...
When u do have a look on the neck label.there should be a number , even the US shirts have them

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

eliano

Renowned Member
15/11/14
After ordering 6 of the ralph polos I think there to small lol. Have a load available for possible resale. Will post up soon

dev1ant

Renowned Member
22/8/10
Got my $13 MB Midnight Black SW pen that others were buying for $27. Looks pretty good but I need to pick up some genuine rollerball refills unless anyone has some suggestions. Is it perfect? Of course not. You can't get 1:1 reps of MB. But it's $13 vs $525.
DRUc7Kj.jpg

AORkTSU.jpg

jacq

Getting To Know The Place
3/10/15
Oh snap that looks pretty sweet. i usually go to Ali for kitchen stuff lol.

adhya

Getting To Know The Place
23/5/12
Got my $13 MB Midnight Black SW pen that others were buying for $27. Looks pretty good but I need to pick up some genuine rollerball refills unless anyone has some suggestions. Is it perfect? Of course not. You can't get 1:1 reps of MB. But it's $13 vs $525.

That is a ballpoint, not rollerball. Options are Gen MB ballpoint refill and Monteverde Gel refill for Mont Blanc.

eliano

Renowned Member
15/11/14
Elina has given me a full refund and I keep the glasses. Cant argue with that. I will no longer purchase from her. Her Store is shutdown again anyway. Such a shame as ive had 10 plus quality pairs before