• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1655 Explorer II : Ugly duckling or King of cool ?

Zeta7

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Has anyone around here slapped on a Jubilee on their 1655? I have a correct OEM folded Oyster but it is flimsy and has stretched over the years considerably. I am liking the Jubilee look on the 1655
I didn’t think of trying that. Just to clarify, Are you saying you have the new style jubilee with solid end links (SEL) on a 1655? That’s a fine idea. Old school looks with a new school feel.

Eunomians

Renowned Member
15/3/06
I didn’t think of trying that. Just to clarify, Are you saying you have the new style jubilee with solid end links (SEL) on a 1655? That’s a fine idea. Old school looks with a new school feel.
Actually I was going to try a folded Jubilee, but you do bring up a very interesting suggestion.

Reactions: Zeta7

Eunomians

Renowned Member
15/3/06
When I build my first one I wore it more on a jubilee. This time around I prefer the folded oyster. But the Jubilee is comfortable.

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Looks really great and somewhat unusual versus the Oyster.

I always wore/wear my 1675 with the original mildly stretched over time Jubilee and it is indeed more comfortable than any Oyster I've owned - 7836 folded but heavily stretched Oyster is in 2nd Place for most comfortable. The hollow rivet Oysters are not comfortable in comparison (I am excluding the awful stretching Rivet variant, that is an extreme hair puller/skin pincher. It just plain sucks all around).

Reactions: Zeta7 and 369mafia

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Now that's what I'm talking about!

Looks really great and somewhat unusual versus the Oyster.

I always wore/wear my 1675 with the original mildly stretched over time Jubilee and it is indeed more comfortable than any Oyster I've owned - 7836 folded but heavily stretched Oyster is in 2nd Place for most comfortable. The hollow rivet Oysters are not comfortable in comparison (I am excluding the awful stretching Rivet variant, that is an extreme hair puller/skin pincher. It just plain sucks all around).

I really do think the jubilee does suit the 1655. I think because it carries the theme of the square shapes from the dial into the squareish openings in the bracelet links. it flows well and is comfortable. It does look more classy too

Last edited:
Reactions: WatchN3RD

Eunomians

Renowned Member
15/3/06
I really do like it on the jubilee, feels like a different watch entirely.

IMG-5013.jpg

aphmars13

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/10/22
South of France
Where else can you find a bezel? I have the impression that they have been victims of their own success.

Eunomians

Renowned Member
15/3/06
Where else can you find a bezel? I have the impression that they have been victims of their own success.
Mine is from Vietnam. I also have a good one I got on eBay a few years back. It's very good but I like the font better on my Vietnam bezel paired with my Rail Dial.

Reactions: aphmars13

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Reactions: 1016 lover

Eunomians

Renowned Member
15/3/06
I had one of these, and it's quite good. The bezel angle relative to the crystal is different than the Vietnam version. Not sure which one is more correct but IMO the Vietnam version allows the crystal to protrude a tad bit more (appears slightly taller). This appears to me to be correct - either way, I am sure that there are variations in OEM as well.