• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1655 Explorer II : Ugly duckling or King of cool ?

aphmars13

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/10/22
South of France
- vietnam case set
- Ruby dial
- vietnam date wheel
- Asian 2836 GMT movement
- ETA adapter
- Raffles hands set
- Athaya crown and tube
- Raffles bracelet
- case shaped to 1655 specs
Could I have a little more information about the date wheel, It's not an overlay. It's a date wheel that adapts to the eta movement under a gen spec dial ?
If it exists, I'd really like to know who makes this type of piece 😅

Last edited:

EstebanMcQueen

Getting To Know The Place
14/3/22
- vietnam case set
- Ruby dial
- vietnam date wheel
- Asian 2836 GMT movement
- ETA adapter
- Raffles hands set
- Athaya crown and tube
- Raffles bracelet
- case shaped to 1655 specs
Ohh I just found this thread.
Your watch looks so good.
I’ve been wanting to have Kuared build one for me. But I have some concerns aside from the steep price tag. (+4k usd).
Mainly the shipping and customs part of it due to its height price.

Eunomians

Renowned Member
15/3/06
Some real nice builds here! 1655 is not easy to do. Parts are scarce, especially hands and mid-case (thickness, size and CG shape). Would be amazing if Milk made a 1655 case. What I like about his 1675 GMT case is the CGs have a ton of material to file away for that perfect custom CG shape.

Zeta7

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Some real nice builds here! 1655 is not easy to do. Parts are scarce, especially hands and mid-case (thickness, size and CG shape). Would be amazing if Milk made a 1655 case. What I like about his 1675 GMT case is the CGs have a ton of material to file away for that perfect custom CG shape.
It was for a different build but I came across an old shitter at the flea market that had a ton of material left to work with. You just never know what you’ll find until you look. Don’t get in a hurry, keep your eyes open and you’ll eventually find what you need.

Eunomians

Renowned Member
15/3/06
I found another new WSO bezel insert in my possession that I don't need. It's somewhat startling how I acquire and horde stuff and then forget what I have already in my possession lol. I've tweaked my 1655 endlessly and now I think it's as good as I can get it. What a great design!!!

IMG-5478.jpg

EstebanMcQueen

Getting To Know The Place
14/3/22
I found another new WSO bezel insert in my possession that I don't need. It's somewhat startling how I acquire and horde stuff and then forget what I have already in my possession lol. I've tweaked my 1655 endlessly and now I think it's as good as I can get it. What a great design!!!

IMG-5478.jpg
On a jubilee, excellent choice sir.

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Weekend update

Received my new orange hand ordered from Alix. Aged it and installed. A fraction of the cost of the raffles time piece and I dont see any difference between the two other than price.

Was hanging with a friend yesterday and he was kind enough to draw and print out an orange hand keychain for me. The lume plot is done in glow in the dark filament so it “ just like gen”.

I could ask him to do a run of them if there are others interested in one.

Seen here with my hip pack edc for my hike tomorrow.

Two new orange hands in a week. Pretty cool.

Last edited:

aphmars13

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/10/22
South of France
Weekend update

Received my new orange hand ordered from Alix. Aged it and installed. A fraction of the cost of the raffles time piece and I dont see any difference between the two other than price.

Was hanging with a friend yesterday and he was kind enough to draw and print out an orange hand keychain for me. The lume plot is done in glow in the dark filament so it “ just like gen”.

Really need one 😍

Reactions: 369mafia

Eunomians

Renowned Member
15/3/06
Weekend update

Some good lookin' hands!

Quick question, is this iteration of Alix's hand still glossy or is it matte? I sprayed my gloss hand with clear matte spray. Just curious if this extra step is still required.

Cheers!

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Some good lookin' hands!

Quick question, is this iteration of Alix's hand still glossy or is it matte? I sprayed my gloss hand with clear matte spray. Just curious if this extra step is still required.

Cheers!
It looks identical to the rafflestime hand to me so I would say it has a glossy finish, but more semi gloss

Reactions: Eunomians