• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Deep” crystals for Rolex - a pictorial

Hugg727

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
15/2/23
NJ,USA
For those who have installed these....I am assuming that you need to use the gasket that comes with the crystal?

Thanks
I just bought 2 xtals and they will be here today...2 day shipping in the states!

Does anyone have any insight to my question around the gaskets??

Thanks

xZeroCoolx

Known Member
Patron
Certified
22/10/22
US
I just bought 2 xtals and they will be here today...2 day shipping in the states!

Does anyone have any insight to my question around the gaskets??

Thanks
They don't come with gaskets and different ones can be used to raise or lower the crystal so it can be subjective.

What watch are you using them for and maybe we can give you some insight.

Reactions: Hugg727

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Just ordered a 9th one from Patrick today. Much much cheaper to order directly from Patrick.

Hugg727

Supporter
Certified
15/2/23
NJ,USA
They don't come with gaskets and different ones can be used to raise or lower the crystal so it can be subjective.

What watch are you using them for and maybe we can give you some insight.
ZF 116610 and a CF 126710

Thanks

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Certified
16/4/22
Did my first one on my CF V3 Panda today. Have to say it does make a noticeable difference/improvement. Used this excellent tutorial (https://forum.replica-watch.info/th...t-guide-my-experience-guidance-only.10881737/) as it was my first time disassembling a Daytona bezel and everything went pretty smooth.

I found aligning the LEC on the crystal to be fairly hard as it was so hard to actually see the crown imprint against the white dial but other than that pretty straight forward. Had to redo the bezel press once as it got slightly jostled off center when placing into the press the first time. Take your time, protect all surfaces you can and you should be fine.

Only downside is I own 2 more Daytonas and a No Date sub that all need xtals now... damnnit.

Forgive the weird strap - waiting on my Oysterflex and CF endlinks for this one and didn't want to refit the OE bracelet.

CF V3 + Deep:

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Pro tip: put a piece of clear tape on the outside of the crystal to mark the LEC. I use yellow transparent thermal tape. Works a treat.
just mark it with a whiteboard marker

but Deep xtal LEC is really faint - can't be bothered anyway

Reactions: Neon

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Pro tip: put a piece of clear tape on the outside of the crystal to mark the LEC. I use yellow transparent thermal tape. Works a treat.
Is yellow thermal tape what I see on so many pics when people are protecting the case during modification? What properties make it a good choice?

Thanks

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
thanks- always wondered. I have used blue painters tape as it also doesn't leave a residue but it isn't very sturdy.

thanks

xingpatrick

Supporting Vendor
5/8/21
China
几周前,我随机联系了 xing_patrick 关于水晶的问题,报价为 80 美元/件,含运费。原本打算以 50 美元的价格买到 4 个,但以 80 美元的价格我放弃了。有人能以 50 美元或更低的价格买到一台吗?

我通常不使用rwi,但我的一些朋友分享链接让我在这里看到

Last edited:

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
So is Clean V3 panda crystal really that bad and you need this deep crystal for $60 ?

I'm looking at the photos here and I can't tell a difference