• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Official Thread†HBB V6 Evolution – Compilation of data (pics)

Davidms12

Known Member
13/11/14
Canada/US
Pt says theirs is a 1:1 rep so that adds a bit to the cost - IT doesn't state it's a 1:1. I doubt you would see any difference - both come from same factory.

smkhairat

Getting To Know The Place
18/1/14
hmm ok thanks for your input,

does anyone else know if the Intime one is a 1:1 rep?

dabestone

Renowned Member
6/12/14
Hi guys,

Am new here. First of all thanks Ale and everyone for contributing to this great thread.

After reading for few days, I've finally decided to go for the black magic ll v6 mk ll.

Just emailed intime and marvelousreplica and looking for their reply for some questions I have in mind.

One question tho, should I be concerned of custom in my country seizing the item? I'm aware that there's always a risk but are there any precautions that I'm able to take? I'm living in Malaysia by the way.

Can't wait to get my hands on this watch... It's my first rep purchase :)

Eschenpod

Renowned Member
21/11/12
Hi guys,

Am new here. First of all thanks Ale and everyone for contributing to this great thread.

After reading for few days, I've finally decided to go for the black magic ll v6 mk ll.

Just emailed intime and marvelousreplica and looking for their reply for some questions I have in mind.

One question tho, should I be concerned of custom in my country seizing the item? I'm aware that there's always a risk but are there any precautions that I'm able to take? I'm living in Malaysia by the way.

Can't wait to get my hands on this watch... It's my first rep purchase :)

You won't be dissappointed - I just received a Black Magic II from Marv - stunning watch.

My next Hublot purchase will probably be the white faced Bode Bang.

KingdomCome

Getting To Know The Place
12/12/14
Hello,

Thank you Ale7575 for putting this thread together. I think it's about 3 years old now. Longest thread I've seen on any community.

I am inclined on buying the HBB Evo SS - Cer Black V6.5 (as listed on Toro's website) I think the HBB Evo is the most close to a Gen, so far. I have e-mailed and gone through various TD websites and they all have the price around 380 - 410 USD. Some are offering it with the box for an additional 90USD. Shipping extra, of course.

My question is, since this is my first rep I want to buy one that will give me the least amount of hassles, I don't mind paying a bit extra for that. After reading through this thread, I have understood that it's a good idea to buy the H screwdriver and upon receiving my watch, open the crown and use Purple Loctite 222 for the screws. I don't mind doing that. How do I know which out of the TDs has the most close to gen watch. Or, are all of them selling the same thing ? This far, Toro and Wu from Hont were the quickest to reply to my e-mails.

I would really appreciate any input / suggestion from you guys.

Thanks!

stormaster

Do not accept unsolicited offers
17/12/14
Hello Everyone,
I spent a couple of days already in this forums at different hours of the day ;)

I understand that I should look for V6 or V6.5 (MKii) .
Wanted to ask, when I see A7550 and V6 is not written then it's a V1?

So, if I buy Ceramic or titanium HBB that the material is authentic ceramic , titanium e.t.c?

I really really like the [h=1]Hublot Big Bang Limited Edition Formula 1 Monza[/h]
Does anyone knows that dealer?
http://www.superwatches.hk/swiss-hu...dial-black-case-black-fabric-strap-62286.html
Also I can see that the price is significantly higher .
670$ due to Swiss Movement.
Sounds a bit harsh to pay 700$.

Does anyone know a good dealer with V6.5 for this model of F1 Monza?
Many thanks in advance.

dabestone

Renowned Member
6/12/14
Bro that's not a v6. As far as I understand, v6 only use Asian 7750 movement... And there are just certain few models that are made by v6.

stormaster

Do not accept unsolicited offers
17/12/14

dabestone

Renowned Member
6/12/14
I can't view the links you shared. I know there are rep models with real ceramic... Don't think there are real titanium available for rep... Just my 2 cents... I might be wrong

mattheis

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/5/07
Just got an Ice Bang I and I love it (however the titanium bezel does scratch very easily). Good to know that the numeral dial version did eventually receive the 4104 movement as the evo's. (only have read up to p120 thus far :) )

Question: Does the IB Evo rep have brushed hands or are they polished? Images of the gen seem to have brushed from what I can tell, yet my numeral dial has polished hands. Ive not come across the gen of either to see first hand. Just looking for an excuse to buy the IB Evo to accompany my numeral version :)

Ice Bang on custom Donerix croc gummy
szQrrln.jpg

Eschenpod

Renowned Member
21/11/12
Your Ice Bang looks beautiful mattheis.

My wish list includes the exact same watch with Roman numerals.

Toro said that he can supply a tungsten bezel for this piece for an extra $100.

When I order that is probably what I will do.

mattheis

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/5/07
That's good to know, I'll have to reach out to Toro for the bezel update. It's a fantastic watch, not sure why it took me so long to appreciate the brand.

mattheis

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/5/07
Can anyone offer any tips on removing the caseback? I removed all the screws expecting the caseback to just come off. Unfortunately that is not the case on my ice bang. I carefully tried a bezel knife to pop it off with no luck. The strange thing is, with the screws out I can rotate it 360 degrees clockwise and counter clockwise using a ball of duct tape, but even the tape is not strong enough to pull the cb from the case. I'm not sure what is still holding it on.

it sounds like the rotor is slightly loose or one of the movement screws are loose, so I want to get in there before it does any damage... It's driving me crazy that it's not just popping off. Any ideas would be appreciated.