• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Official Thread†HBB V6 Evolution – Compilation of data (pics)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I must apologize to ALE.

I read the original post on page 1 of this thread and did my own research and reading on the subject.

Thank you very much for this thread ALE.

Thanks
You will get impressed by the watch you have chosen. One of the best ever

ALE

dabestone

Renowned Member
6/12/14
Hi guys, Some questions and I hope some of you can provide me with some advice.

The gummy strap that comes along with the my HBB v6 is extremely uncomfortable for me. I am not sure whether it's due to the deployant clasp or the fact the strap itself is uncomfortable. Attached below are some pics, that I hope you guys can provide me with some opinion.

IMAG1377_copy.jpg

The overall shape of the straps looks weird once buckled up. The bottom part looks too flat due to the deployant clasp. I believe this is due to the circle part keeping in contact of the inner side of the strap.

I like to wear my watches right at the edge of my wrist, but with this strap, the adjustment is either too tight till it leaves marking on my skin like picture below:

IMAG1382.jpg

Or it's too loose that it looks sloppy with big gaps and I need to frequently shake my hand to get the watch back to the position I like

IMAG1383.jpg

So the question is, do you think changing a new strap will solve my problem? Or the problem is due to the deployant clasp and it's better for me to change to a tang buckle instead?

If changing to tang buckle is the solution, then any recommendation on where should I get it from?

Thanks in advance!

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
Why not loosen it a little? Or maybe swap it with a leather strap? Leather straps tend to 'expand' after some time.

dabestone

Renowned Member
6/12/14
Why not loosen it a little? Or maybe swap it with a leather strap? Leather straps tend to 'expand' after some time.

Tried loosen it one hole and it's too loose, looks too sloppy. I had figured out that the deployant is not suitable for my wrist. Am in search for a tang buckle strap for this watch now, till then I won't put it on. Too uncomfortable to wear...

KingdomCome

Getting To Know The Place
12/12/14
Hi Guys! I'm about to buy this watch from Tony (http://asian7750.com/product_show.asp?P_id=2212) having never bought a rep before, I would like to know what are some of the parts I can buy preferably from the same dealer that would take this watch as close to a Gen as possible. I read something about a rotor ?

Noob on the site and with rep watches, any help / suggestions would be very helpful.

Thank you!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi Guys! I'm about to buy this watch from Tony (http://asian7750.com/product_show.asp?P_id=2212) having never bought a rep before, I would like to know what are some of the parts I can buy preferably from the same dealer that would take this watch as close to a Gen as possible. I read something about a rotor ?

Noob on the site and with rep watches, any help / suggestions would be very helpful.

Thank you!

All the V6 are the same form all dealers
The watch you have chosen is perfect
The questions about the rotor are explained in this thread. But you can change nothing all V6 will be the same form all dealers

ALE

dabestone

Renowned Member
6/12/14

Thank you!
The watch itself is quite perfect already buddy. You can consider getting yourself a Gen deployant buckle if u want it to get closer to gen... Just my 2 cents...

Om3ga_guy

Respected Member
28/12/10
Canada
The watch itself is quite perfect already buddy. You can consider getting yourself a Gen deployant buckle if u want it to get closer to gen... Just my 2 cents...

I believe the bezel teeth pattern and carbon pattern on dial are usually the issue with this one. Bezel looks perfect however, 4.5 teeth so your good there. The carbon pattern is impossible to point out unless it's side by side with a gen.

So get yourself a nice Donerix strap and your good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Om3ga_guy

Respected Member
28/12/10
Canada

got-it

Do not accept unsolicited offers
12/2/13
I just noticed with the above image that the pushers seem different on the gen to our reps. One side seems to be polished while the other side is brushed. I'm looking at my watch and my pusher is all brushed. Anyone noticed?

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
Hi guys, Some questions and I hope some of you can provide me with some advice.

The gummy strap that comes along with the my HBB v6 is extremely uncomfortable for me. I am not sure whether it's due to the deployant clasp or the fact the strap itself is uncomfortable. Attached below are some pics, that I hope you guys can provide me with some opinion.

IMAG1377_copy.jpg

The overall shape of the straps looks weird once buckled up. The bottom part looks too flat due to the deployant clasp. I believe this is due to the circle part keeping in contact of the inner side of the strap.

I like to wear my watches right at the edge of my wrist, but with this strap, the adjustment is either too tight till it leaves marking on my skin like picture below:

IMAG1382.jpg

Or it's too loose that it looks sloppy with big gaps and I need to frequently shake my hand to get the watch back to the position I like

IMAG1383.jpg

So the question is, do you think changing a new strap will solve my problem? Or the problem is due to the deployant clasp and it's better for me to change to a tang buckle instead?

If changing to tang buckle is the solution, then any recommendation on where should I get it from?

Thanks in advance!

I had the exact same problem and never bought a Hublot again :D

dabestone

Renowned Member
6/12/14
I just noticed with the above image that the pushers seem different on the gen to our reps. One side seems to be polished while the other side is brushed. I'm looking at my watch and my pusher is all brushed. Anyone noticed?

Not sure if this applies to all gen HBB. Just looked at my HBB Black Magic and notice that the pushers are indeed brushed with minimal brush marks.

dabestone

Renowned Member
6/12/14
I had the exact same problem and never bought a Hublot again :D

Yea, frustrates the hell outta me... It's been a long time since i wore it ...am thinking to get a customized tang buckle strap for it or just selling it off...

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
Might want to just get a custom made leather/canvas strap and use a unbranded buckle or something..

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12

IMAG1382.jpg

this is the BITCH stamp. you also get this with ap deploy