• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Official Thread†HBB V6 Evolution – Compilation of data (pics)

willisd

Getting To Know The Place
8/9/14
Does anyone know if there will be a v7 released anytime soon ?

Also are the HBB waterproof?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Does anyone know if there will be a v7 released anytime soon ?

Also are the HBB waterproof?

willisd are surely meaning if V6 will improve the last version V6 V2 (bad called V6.5)

This is the problem, announced by myself some time ago, of calling the new versions from V6 as V6.5
The correct name would be V6 V2 or V6 Mk2, because V6 is the name of the maker not the version.
Now people are asking for V7 which was an old worse version.

Therefore, I hope, if V6 Fac makes some improvements we will call the new versions V6 V3 or V6 Mk3

Well...

ALE

freddiedaman

Getting To Know The Place
4/12/11
So I just approved this from tswatch. Looks amazing! IS it a fanstasy model, the only pics I find on the web is with an all black dial?

Eschenpod

Renowned Member
21/11/12
Just recently discovered my love for Hublots and ordered this Big Bang V6 SS on rubber (per Ale's recommendation) from Marv.

Already planning my next Hublot purchase and am contemplating either the Black Magic II or the SS/Ceramic.

Are these two watches pretty much identical except for the stainless surround and should I order whichever one I choose on gummy since I will already have the SS on rubber?

Thanks for the help.

maxko

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/13
I had the two, BM and SS/cer. SS is closer to gen, but my love is for BM II. Very good watch, it's a bit stealth, not very flashy, but i got many compliments wearing it, now a bit regret that i sold it. My opinion go for BM

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Just recently discovered my love for Hublots and ordered this Big Bang V6 SS on rubber (per Ale's recommendation) from Marv.

Already planning my next Hublot purchase and am contemplating either the Black Magic II or the SS/Ceramic.

Are these two watches pretty much identical except for the stainless surround and should I order whichever one I choose on gummy since I will already have the SS on rubber?

Thanks for the help.

Differences between SS/SS and SS/ceramic are:
- Bezel SS against Black ceramic
- Flat dial surface against CF surface

The watch case and caseback are identical but it is impossible to say these watches are similar CF and ceramic dial give to the watch a very different character
Obviously BM II is completely different

I own SS/SS , SS/ceramic numerals and SS/ceramic sticks without problems about similarity

ALE

Eschenpod

Renowned Member
21/11/12
Thank you for responding Ale.

I think my next Hublot will be the Black Magic II - something about it just looks very stealthy and appealing.

Could you please comment regarding which strap to order it on.

I know you think the rep gummy is nowhere near as good as a Gen strap, but I will already have the SS on rubber, and may eventually purchase a Gen gummy for the Black Magic.

Do you think it would be a waste to order the rep gummy, even if it will be a temporary strap until I can afford the Gen.

Thanks for your input.

Can't believe I'm into Hublots now.

nimbus88

6/5/13
Dear all, I've purchased a hublot v6 evolution last year and sold it away. Now I am keen on the v6.5 SS/Cer. However, can current owner advise me on the following:

1. Is the crystal now colourless? The blue tint was the reason why I sold my v6 away
2. Did they improve the deployment clasp? The v6 clasp was painful as it dig into my skin.
3. Did they improve the chrono hands to be thinner towards the end?
4. Is the ribbed strap better than gummy strap? My v6 was on gummy and it was horrible fit.

Looking forward to the reply of current v6.5 owner!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thank you for responding Ale.

I think my next Hublot will be the Black Magic II - something about it just looks very stealthy and appealing.

Could you please comment regarding which strap to order it on.

I know you think the rep gummy is nowhere near as good as a Gen strap, but I will already have the SS on rubber, and may eventually purchase a Gen gummy for the Black Magic.

Do you think it would be a waste to order the rep gummy, even if it will be a temporary strap until I can afford the Gen.

Thanks for your input.

Can't believe I'm into Hublots now.

I got my BM II with gummy and I like it better than on rubber

I think gummy fits better BM than rubber

Rep gummy is not so bad as people said
Buy it and then change to gen when you want

ALE

watchbruh

Do not accept unsolicited offers
20/9/14
Guys I'll be honest i didnt look too far but the links on the first page give me 404s.
Is there a way to see what I can choose from/a site to order?

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
Funny that i see people claiming that the fat chrono hand issue has been solved. From certain pictures and also TD sites, all v.6.5 bbs still have the fat hand :(