• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Official Thread†HBB V6 Evolution – Compilation of data (pics)

Desiree

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/6/14
So this is the case of hublot changing its specifications?

Sigh lol so many versions to follow guess its really hard to determine which one is the gen or which is the reps

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
So this is the case of hublot changing its specifications?

Sigh lol so many versions to follow guess its really hard to determine which one is the gen or which is the reps

It is always the same with gen Hublots.
You can see that many times in Hublot section and even in this thread
Hublot is the paradise for replica makers. You don't know many times the real gen specifications
It happens with the colour of date wheel, with some stick markers on sub-dials, with the rotor and bearings, with the caseback engravings, with AR on crystals...etc...

ALE

jasontang

28/4/14
So I've just received my HBB SS/ceramic from a TD, and though I paid extra for DHL, the TD still used EMS shipping which I wasn't too happy about. Nevertheless the watch took just over two weeks to arrive and I had no problems with customs - which I'm quite pleased about.

As for the watch itself, it feels good and I'm happy with the overall quality. The one thing bugging me however is the crown. It feels and looks distinctively... cheap. It also doesn't sit flush with the case - there's a bit of a gap where the case should meet the crown.

Having said all of that, I'm very happy for what I got for my money, I understand that it's a rep and for the price I paid I've got a real gem.

Here's a link for the pictures, please let me know what you guys think! :)

http://imgur.com/a/o5aF4#2

Same for mine. The crown does not flush. To make it worst, mine is actually loose. Trying to sort it out with dealer..not too sure how to handle.

Desiree

Banned
6/6/14
Just a side note, whenever I asked for a v6 MKII black magic 1 the dealer will claim that they have it.

ALE i finished the entire thread but noticed little or no info on the black magic series.

any1 bought for we can use for referencing or ALE u got any idea on the closeness of the watch?

nlnlnlnene

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/10
Hublots are too hard to tell from the front.
im going through Instagram and can't tell which are fake and which are real.

Dessmond

Getting To Know The Place
29/6/14
WOW, spent the last 3 days reading this thread. Now this has changed my mind to order a V6 Hublot instead of the Sub Noob V3.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
WOW, spent the last 3 days reading this thread. Now this has changed my mind to order a V6 Hublot instead of the Sub Noob V3.

What is a Sub Noob V3 ???

LOL

You will get impressed by the quality and gen-like appearance.

ALE

Dessmond

29/6/14
Noobfactory's 11610LV/LN V3 I meant. Was aiming to get it if my first purchase turns out well. Currently awaiting shipment of my PAM386KW from SeaD.

Dessmond

29/6/14
LOL. No problem my friend. Thanks for this wonderful thread. Looking forward to owning a Hublot rep soon.

romeo7sanchez

20/8/13
Hi guys. Anybody got a clue if there are better quality HBB straps. I got v6 SS/C with numerals but the strap feels too hard and I was just wandering if there are better straps on the market. And also does anybody sell Chrono subdial hands for HBBs?

Best Regards
RS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desiree

Banned
6/6/14
Hi guys. Anybody got a clue if there are better quality HBB straps. I got v6 SS/C with numerals but the strap feels too hard and I was just wandering if there are better straps on the market. And also does anybody sell Chrono subdial hands for HBBs?

Best Regards
RS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are, just look for regular watchstrap makers and they will be able to make one for you, otherwise if you are asking among the rep straps which 1 is more comfortable. I do own all 3 straps from V6 Factory, the gummy, the tyre and the smooth rubber and for me the smooth rubber is the most comfortable and the gummy is the least comfortable.

Thats for me tho. I'm also waiting to order my 1st rep strap, perhaps from one of our famous strapmaker in RWI.

kennethgordon72

Do not accept unsolicited offers
8/7/14
LOL, I agree I have been reading this and seeing how close to gen these reps are and now having second thoughts about a V3

ernien

Renowned Member
23/9/12
Ontario, Canada
Like many of you I find the HBB straps uncomfortable so I decided to do something about it.

After searching through my spare straps I realized that the Panatime PAM deployant 24x22 strap could be modded to fit an HBB. Only the deployant strap was thin enough at both ends to fit into the lugs and the buckle

I began by cutting out a square section from the corners of the straps so they would fit the HBB lugs. I then used a pin to make the two holes for the screws. And sure enough with a little struggle, they fit! I removed both keepers from the strap and it looks pretty good.

The comfort is amazing, it's like a different watch now! I think it's the most comfortable HBB strap $40 can buy!

ahynupad.jpg

ymy8upy7.jpg

xswapper

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
4/8/14
Like many of you I find the HBB straps uncomfortable so I decided to do something about it.

After searching through my spare straps I realized that the Panatime PAM deployant 24x22 strap could be modded to fit an HBB. Only the deployant strap was thin enough at both ends to fit into the lugs and the buckle

I began by cutting out a square section from the corners of the straps so they would fit the HBB lugs. I then used a pin to make the two holes for the screws. And sure enough with a little struggle, they fit! I removed both keepers from the strap and it looks pretty good.

The comfort is amazing, it's like a different watch now! I think it's the most comfortable HBB strap $40 can buy!

ahynupad.jpg

ymy8upy7.jpg
That's a creative solution. . In my opinion if you want to enjoy a hublot you HAVE to spend the money on an oem strap it really turns it into an entirely different watch. The rep rubber is just way to uncomfortable

joe190

22/5/14
Fantastic thread ALE. You work very hard!

I have bought a few Hublots recently. I was expecting big things from the V6/V6.5. I was surprised to see the quality of the cut ceramic to be quite jagged on a white RG HBB. See pic below (ignore the lower left red circle on the metal marks).The black HBBs seem much better in quality of the ceramic finishing.
What do peeps think about the quality of the ceramic on the V6? Different for white vs rest??

My sister works in a jeweller's and I'm probably going to have to get her to buy me an OEM gummy strap. Just feels so good! This watch addiction is expensive!!

Joe

joe190

22/5/14
Sorry, struggling to upload the pic. Will keep trying. :baby:

HPoirot

31/3/11
I know this is a different model, but how's the classic fusion line of reps?

Are they close to the V6 in quality?

The 38mm version.

Looking for one for my lady.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I know this is a different model, but how's the classic fusion line of reps?

Are they close to the V6 in quality?

The 38mm version.

Looking for one for my lady.

Fusion reps are nice and well built and your wife will be happy with them
Quality is good too
But don't expect the accuracy of a HBB V6

ALE