• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Official Thread†HBB V6 Evolution – Compilation of data (pics)

infamous18

I'm Pretty Popular
11/12/13
e8unuju2.jpg

schumi

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
7/2/14
Just received this V6.5 RG

paze4a8u.jpg
ra8eneda.jpg
uqehygen.jpg
y4atepyt.jpg

iPhone

Calibre16

31/1/12
I am tempted to buy a rose gold HBB (V6, V6.5), but I am a bit curious about the gold, does it wear off after time? I want to use the watch a lot without the golden color dissappearing :culpability:

schumi

INMATE
7/2/14
Just don't have it in direct sunlight for long periods and don't wear it when it's humid.

Calibre16

31/1/12
Just don't have it in direct sunlight for long periods and don't wear it when it's humid.

The V6's have pretty good lume right? I'm trying to decide between an SS or a RG HBB, or possibly a Rolex... decisions, decisions.

Oh yeah, quick questions, how much bigger is an HBB compared to an AP Diver?
The Diver fits me perfectly but I'm afraid the HBB could be slightly too big.

schumi

INMATE
7/2/14
A hbb is smaller than an AP diver. Get the new hublots v6/6.5. Great watch.

The hublot is 1:1 really
The AP not soo much (maybe just the diver)

But the offshore r way off

Put it this way. If u wanna franken a hublot your looking at 2k

If u wanna franken an AP your looking at 4k

Another point. To start with the gen hublots r not good watches so they r easy to rep

AP however r very good and hard to rep

I heard there r 2 new off shores from J12 factory coming out this month

Ask your TD

Goodluck

adamweby

Respected Member
28/8/12
CONUS
That's not necessarily correct. The hublot big bang will be a 44mm, the diver is 42 mm. I would be careful with the 1:1 on the hbb because it definitely is not. its a great rep but far from perfect. The new divers are pretty incredible as well. don't get me wrong there is no bad choice (I have both). The diver is also part of the offshore line. don't want to sound like im splitting hairs but I want to make sure we give accurate info.

A hbb is smaller than an AP diver. Get the new hublots v6/6.5. Great watch.

The hublot is 1:1 really
The AP not soo much (maybe just the diver)

But the offshore r way off

Put it this way. If u wanna franken a hublot your looking at 2k

If u wanna franken an AP your looking at 4k

Another point. To start with the gen hublots r not good watches so they r easy to rep

AP however r very good and hard to rep

I heard there r 2 new off shores from J12 factory coming out this month

Ask your TD

Goodluck

schumi

INMATE
7/2/14
You are correct. The diver is smaller. But the diver is a much thicker watch than a hbb

The hbb thickness sits very well on the wrist

They are both great watches

The diver is the best offshore

It's preference

I have an offshore black theme and an hbb

I fell my hbb is a much better rep than the black theme in the sense that it is more closer to gen than the AP

And it is true if u read many of the franken forums, it costs almost double to franken an AP than a hbb

In any case u can't go wrong with both

Calibre16

31/1/12
Thanks for the input guys :)
I have ordered a HBB, I got my QC pics but the dealer rejected it a few minutes after sending the pics because he found a problem, so I am now waiting for QC pics of another watch.

Anyway, is there any way to see if the watch is an incorrectly called "V6.5" in other words mk2/v2 from the V6 maker?
I read the crystal is supposed to be higher on the "V6.5" version, is this true?

GGAPirP.jpg

vczje2j.jpg

Again, this particular one has already been rejected by the dealer himself, I am just curious about the version, is it the latest V2 version (sometimes called "V6.5") from the V6-factory?

kaiser_soze

Getting To Know The Place
19/4/14
So I've just received my HBB SS/ceramic from a TD, and though I paid extra for DHL, the TD still used EMS shipping which I wasn't too happy about. Nevertheless the watch took just over two weeks to arrive and I had no problems with customs - which I'm quite pleased about.

As for the watch itself, it feels good and I'm happy with the overall quality. The one thing bugging me however is the crown. It feels and looks distinctively... cheap. It also doesn't sit flush with the case - there's a bit of a gap where the case should meet the crown.

Having said all of that, I'm very happy for what I got for my money, I understand that it's a rep and for the price I paid I've got a real gem.

Here's a link for the pictures, please let me know what you guys think! :)

http://imgur.com/a/o5aF4#2

Desiree

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/6/14
Did anyone realized that on the HBB RG v6 make 2 44MM carbon, the marker at 15 seems to be white but on the gen it is RG colored. Just realized it on my 1 week old hublot RG V6 MK2

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Did anyone realized that on the HBB RG v6 make 2 44MM carbon, the marker at 15 seems to be white but on the gen it is RG colored. Just realized it on my 1 week old hublot RG V6 MK2

Could you publish links and pics?
ALE

Desiree

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/6/14
Could you publish links and pics?
ALE

This is the example of the watch on www.hublot.com note the "Red Circle"
v5jsqf.jpg

This is the example of the watches V6 is producing for the RG Ceramic 44MM V6 MK II
23lcy15.jpg

Also to note is that the Gen SS all have white 15" markers as of the V6 watches but the RG should have it in RG since the original website stated so