• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Official Thread†HBB V6 Evolution – Compilation of data (pics)

Alpedra

Getting To Know The Place
2/12/11
thx for posting that video. It clarifies that the AR on the Gen is light blue and not colorless
like some people say.

Sent from Gurus iPad using Tapatalk

Yep... it´s not the first time I see a light blue hue on the AR on youtube Gen Hublot videos.

And I remember reading a topic on a gen watch forum where a user was asking if a blue hue on the AR was normal, as he had just bought a HBB Evo and the blue hue was noticeable. JC Biver posted on the same topic saying that it was normal on Hublots...

crazyfastbeats

28/9/09
Yep... it´s not the first time I see a light blue hue on the AR on youtube Gen Hublot videos.

And I remember reading a topic on a gen watch forum where a user was asking if a blue hue on the AR was normal, as he had just bought a HBB Evo and the blue hue was noticeable. JC Biver posted on the same topic saying that it was normal on Hublots...

It is noticeable only at certain specific lighting. However, it seems like a blue film on the reps and almost always visible. I've seen gens all over Vegas and handled the real thing and the blue tint on the reps are way too strong.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
It is noticeable only at certain specific lighting. However, it seems like a blue film on the reps and almost always visible. I've seen gens all over Vegas and handled the real thing and the blue tint on the reps are way too strong.

I do not agree

Alpedra

2/12/11
Yep. On my two V6s the blue hue is not visible on certain lighting conditions. Two things though:

(i) It´s more noticeable indoors than outdoors. The better the lighting conditions, the less you notice it. No tint at any angle if you´re under direct sunlight for example.
(ii) The blue tint seems stronger on my Ice Bang than on my SS/Cer. Not sure if this is due to the color/material of the dials or to production inconsistencies.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
Yep. On my two V6s the blue hue is not visible on certain lighting conditions. Two things though:

(i) It´s more noticeable indoors than outdoors. The better the lighting conditions, the less you notice it. No tint at any angle if you´re under direct sunlight for example.
(ii) The blue tint seems stronger on my Ice Bang than on my SS/Cer. Not sure if this is due to the color/material of the dials or to production inconsistencies.

Agree, the AR on the V6 SS Ceramic is the same as on my gen. If I hold both watches in the sun, it is light blue, same color on both watches and same color as the all black green in the Youtube movie. No blue color in the house.
My All black blue has much more blue AR on it, but it is the all black blue and I believe the Gen has also more blue AR on it.

here a pic to compare the AR in different light conditions

Foto3.jpg

Foto4.jpg

atom

10/2/12
I just got some QC photos from a dealer. Has anyone seen this flaw before? It looks like the top lug plate is chipped:

chip.jpg

IMG_7027.JPG

I'm just wondering if this has happened before. I haven't seen it mentioned in the thread so far.

atom

10/2/12
Welcome to RWI and your first post!
please use your own brain and follow this post

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/purpose-qc-pictures-95316

in my opinion, do not ask us, ask your dealer about it.
and yes, it looks like a crack!

Thanks for the warm welcome ;-)

I'm sorry if I came off as trying to ask for help identifying problems, that wasn't my intention. I was merely trying to point out a new potential flaw that others might want to look for, and asking if perhaps it had already popped up before.

I am already working with the dealer to correct it.

jackagi

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
8/10/11
Thanks for the warm welcome ;-)

I'm sorry if I came off as trying to ask for help identifying problems, that wasn't my intention. I was merely trying to point out a new potential flaw that others might want to look for, and asking if perhaps it had already popped up before.

I am already working with the dealer to correct it.

I would also ask for pictures with reset chrono hands in order to check if they are aligned!

crazyfastbeats

28/9/09
anyone have any good reference to a gen HBB lume? I was thinking of sending it to Vac for a lume job, but if the gen isnt even bright, then I may just consider servicing it.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
anyone have any good reference to a gen HBB lume? I was thinking of sending it to Vac for a lume job, but if the gen isnt even bright, then I may just consider servicing it.

Which one? Some have good lume, some don't.the gen ss ceramic has great lume, so if you have a v6 ss ceramic
you can send it to vac and he will make it gen

crazyfastbeats

28/9/09
Which one? Some have good lume, some don't.the gen ss ceramic has great lume, so if you have a v6 ss ceramic
you can send it to vac and he will make it gen

thanks guru. That was exactly the one I have, the SS/Ceramic. I know vac also does AR, but was wondering how close it would be to gen, since I might as well have him do it while its there for lume :)

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
just go with the lume, I know vac's AR source and you will loose the light blue tint on the SS C. Makes no sense to me.

MR-Nad

Do not accept unsolicited offers
15/2/09
Hi, do you know what the back on a HBB black magic should look like..?

cut a story short I received QC pics but payment got refunded so paid again and this time QC pics showing slightly different back...which is correct as per genuine??

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
cut a story short I received QC pics but payment got refunded so paid again and this time QC pics showing slightly different back...which is correct as per genuine??

Thanks MR-Nad for the pics

We need information about this caseback modification if someone knows about comparison with the gen watch.

There is someone who have gen pics to compare them ??

Thanks in advance
ALE

crazyfastbeats

28/9/09
just go with the lume, I know vac's AR source and you will loose the light blue tint on the SS C. Makes no sense to me.

thank you for the response Guru. I stand corrected with the AR, reading a few threads back, you own a gen :) 'grats! (darn, i could've sworn it was colorless on the countless gens I encountered! :frusty:) I just wanted to know how close the AR is compared to the gen? I just purchased a new V6 evo crystal from a TD for the time being. The plan is to send the new crystal and watch to Vac for a lume and crystal installation, and will probably send out the current one I have to finedd for an AR :)

InTrigger

Do not accept unsolicited offers
12/2/12
A question guys...

I am struggling with which of the following 2 versions to choose:

All Black Blue

SS/Cer

Which of the above 2 are closest to the repective gens?

I already ordered the All Black Green as it has got v. good reviews earlier in the thread..

Your input is appreciated

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
A question guys...
I am struggling with which of the following 2 versions to choose:
All Black Blue
SS/Cer
Which of the above 2 are closest to the repective gens?
I already ordered the All Black Green as it has got v. good reviews earlier in the thread..
Your input is appreciated

Hi InTrigger
SS/Cer is very closed to the gen (one of the best in the rep market). We have the experience of guru, who knows well them, because he has the gen and the rep and his opinion I think is very expert. Therefore SS/Cer is a clear and sure option.
AB blue, has good reviews, but I think that his accuracy to the gen is not so clear as SS/Cer.
Besides, you have bought the Green, so it is better to have now the SS/Cer which is more different style.
Just my opinion.
But wait for the guru opinion because he has more data to give you a sound advice.

Good choice !!

ALE