• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 16610 out? Experts?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
not quite, but good enough?

Crystal doesn't look like an ARF to me. Crystal does look like a JF... Need to do some more comparisons with other elements (dial, hands, etc.). I don't have a JF. But I can't imagine this is an ARF, as different as it is from other ARFs and no announcement about an "updated" V2.

Z2zfho.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Here are a couple more side by sides of yours next to the ARF posted by cjt202020. They are very similar, the bolder looking dial text on his can be attributed to brighter lighting I think. Dial coronet looks slightly different - oval opening at the bottom is larger on yours.

Z2z0ZW.jpg

Z2zGsP.jpg

Your lower crystal, rehaut engraving, and correct insert 20 all point to JF, IMO. So that would be 316L if true.

Last edited:

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
bizarre, not sure what the 904L sticker is about then
does seem that way though, thanks for the input

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
bizarre, not sure what the 904L sticker is about then
does seem that way though, thanks for the input

It's possible it came from the factory with the sticker on it. JF and ARF are partner factories. The JF is out of production but it wouldn't surprise me to find out one or two were found lying around. It appears new and in good shape, not like a reject a TD had for a while. The protective tape peeling back on the CG and the side of the case supports the notion of it having been around for a bit.

You could ask them for a pic of the clasp code. They are different. Also the Rolex logo on the clasp is stamped slightly right of center on the ARF.

Personally I would take a JF over the ARF. I'd rather have no rehaut engraving, but I've shaved that off a few times. ARF is known to really give you 904L though if that matters to you. If it is a JF and you take it, I think they owe you some money back.

https://trustytime.asia/index.php?ma...ducts_id=17430

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...t-photo-review

Last edited:

Daryl70

3/7/19
Z25ABn.jpg
Z25LR3.jpg

Changed the crystal in mine to one I got from ebay and the date mag looks good also the crystal height isn't so high. Top one is arf stock crystal second one is aftermarket crystal

Last edited:

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
It's possible it came from the factory with the sticker on it. JF and ARF are partner factories. The JF is out of production but it wouldn't surprise me to find out one or two were found lying around. It appears new and in good shape, not like a reject a TD had for a while. The protective tape peeling back on the CG and the side of the case supports the notion of it having been around for a bit.

You could ask them for a pic of the clasp code. They are different. Also the Rolex logo on the clasp is stamped slightly right of center on the ARF.

Personally I would take a JF over the ARF. I'd rather have no rehaut engraving, but I've shaved that off a few times. ARF is known to really give you 904L though if that matters to you. If it is a JF and you take it, I think they owe you some money back.

https://trustytime.asia/index.php?ma...ducts_id=17430

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...t-photo-review

honestly if they still sold the JF i’d pick one up over the ARF, 904L doesn’t matter much to me and the ARF does cost a premium
issue is they’re charging me the ARF price for it so i’m not too thrilled, suppose i’ll see if i can work something out with the PT

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
honestly if they still sold the JF i’d pick one up over the ARF, 904L doesn’t matter much to me and the ARF does cost a premium
issue is they’re charging me the ARF price for it so i’m not too thrilled, suppose i’ll see if i can work something out with the PT

Clasp code is your silver bullet bro

Daryl70

3/7/19

Looks like these arfs have a 704 crown, as the triple lock dots are further away from the coronet on this picture vs a 703.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Both JF and ARF use E06

193105882764768762f8ad639459da2a.jpg

Arghh, OK tanith look at the Rolex logo on the clasp. See the difference on these? ARF's logo is stamped right of center. May be a bargaining chip for you.

Z2m5cb.jpg

Z2maP5.jpg

Photo credit m5smg2

Last edited:

michael0703

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/4/20
I have an ARF on the way currently. I will post some pics of the clasp and coronet alignment when it arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Z2oF6W.jpg
[/url]
My clasp and coronet

Yours looks a little better but it is still off to the right. The JF coronet is a different stamp also, the spires are thinner and go down further toward the oval opening.

Z2ni0X.jpg

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
I had to repair my clasp so i took the opportunity to make a few gen vs JF clasp pictures:

Gen is on top exept the pictures of the inside of the clasp where JF is on top.

The biggest tell for me was
- the side of the clasp when flip lock is open: placement of the rivet pin is wrong.
- Inside of the clasp : coronet stamp and shape of the hole next to flip lock
- EO6 & 92350 stamped instead of being engraved

Could someone take a few detail pictures of the ARF to compare?

Last edited:
Reactions: pcghill