• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF released a GMT 3186 clone movement

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hey, boxes are good for some things, haha!

15843447688641.jpg

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Nice shot. I think I need a BLNR on an oyster .... it just looks more organic and integrated than the jubilee ....
You won't be disappointed. I'll tell ya, I'm loving this much more than I thought I would.

The subtle details of this watch really sneak up and I end up with an appreciation of details/aspects I never even considered previously.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hazing

9/5/19
Although it does need a little work. It really could use a crystal and datewheel. I might just start off with the crystal because I grabbed a few gen parts for the vrf LN. So just to make it easier on the bank account... take it slow.

myarmisshort

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/5/20
Hello everyone, I hope you guys here are all doing well in those difficult times.Im quite a Noob regading Rep-Watches, but I decided that i want to read into the GMT Movements-Topic.So Im kinda confused, on the one side I always read that the (for exmaple) GMF Factory 3186 or the VRF 3186 are "Ticking timebombs", but on the other side I also read that those would be reliable nowadays.Could anyone hook me up with the final knowledge regarding the movements? Thank You !

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
Hello everyone, I hope you guys here are all doing well in those difficult times.Im quite a Noob regading Rep-Watches, but I decided that i want to read into the GMT Movements-Topic.So Im kinda confused, on the one side I always read that the (for exmaple) GMF Factory 3186 or the VRF 3186 are "Ticking timebombs", but on the other side I also read that those would be reliable nowadays.Could anyone hook me up with the final knowledge regarding the movements? Thank You !

In the interest of not repeating a ton of info, I would suggest reading this entire thread through from beginning to end. If you do that and still have some questions, feel free to PM me and I'll help answer them if I can.

Reactions: KJ2020

Hazing

9/5/19

you should probably read Kj2020s post on the movements first and then read this thread because this came out after (unless he’s been updating the thread as he goes - which I’m guessing he has been doing). And then read this thread.
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...cas/8449368-rep-rolex-gmt-movements-explained

And keep in mind all 3186 movements are not the same. Just the way there is an sa3135, and an sh3135, and a vr3135 - all with varying levels of functionality and reliability, the 3185 and 3186 movements are the same. Also, a chs and a time bomb are not mutually exclusive.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

GMT Movements Explained

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Okay, so from what I understand, probably the VRF I sent in will be the one to get I guess? Since it has the superclone movement.
I just wanted to make sure if thats correct, since I dont want to buy one that wont have a working CHS and will be a timebomb (Which I believe this one is not)
https://trustytime.shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=21147

Look on the insert where the 18 transition from blue to black is on that one. There are many posts in this thread about that subject.

myarmisshort

5/5/20
Look on the insert where the 18 transition from blue to black is on that one. There are many posts in this thread about that subject.
Oh, I was so concentrated on the Movement that I completely forgot about the Transition, which looks completely wrong (especially on the 18.)
So there seems to be none good with the jubilee bracelet, CHS, not a timebomb-movement + a great transition right?

Last edited:

myarmisshort

5/5/20
I mean you could try to get your TD to source a Jubilee bracelet, but the coroner logo on the Dial will be still missing (unless you replace it, which im not planning on doing)

Serdar

30/8/15
All of the details that the masters shared was very useful. I'm keeping my eye on the updates and wait for the best possible option too. Unfortunately, there is no complete package out there as I understood.

So, you should expect the fact and find what is fine for you.

My perspective is GMF is the best so far but opposite direction to set the timer is a big off. So it makes me hold your position a bit longer.

Hope this one helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hazing

9/5/19
I thought that only counted for the Noob 3186's aka The Timebombs?

He’s saying you turn the crown anti clockwise to advance the hour (2nd position) which is different from an authentic Rolex. Which is “off”. But to me it’s a minor issue as long as the functionality is the same. Directionality is a high priority to me especially because the 3286 needs to be moved anti clockwise to advance the hour hand.

if you’re asking what I think you’re asking, I don’t think he meant “you’re setting the timer to go off” (which is what I thought the first time I read it too lol) because as of now there is no reason to think - failure.