• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

No More Time Bombs, VRF just released 1st fully cloned 3186 and 116710LN

5t3f4n

WTB Slevin/Ploprof
21/9/17
Ita - Eu
Lmao I totally agree with you about this point you are making, that must be annoying, but still, even if it’s rejected, it’s not like they throw away the rejected watch, they will sell it to the next guy in line.
Anyways, I understand what you mean, but think about this: for the guy to sell the vrf gmt for 400 usd SHIPPED, so around 350 usd without shipping (if we use the bullshit shipping price of the major TDs) it still means that the contact guy has to earn around 100$ in order for it to be worthwhile, so he will most likely buy it for less than 250 usd, and this bring us to the annoying fact that our TDs earn more than 50% on the reps they sell
(Less than 250 usd and 498 WITHOUT shipping so around 540 usd final price)

Idk man I’m kinda salty

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Totally agree with the saltiness, even if the hassle that our TD dealing with noob-graphics-x20mag-aficionados represents a lot of time wasting, the money gap shown is stil HUGE. (it's like buy 3 pay for 2)

Things like this make me want to "dig" into the Wechat or whatever any other channels....

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
lol true, better to see it before you buy it though...

GrizzlyBear

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
Certified
16/3/18
Interesting that Trusty lists it as a "decorated movement"
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]MOVEMENT: Asia Clone 3186 Automatic GMT movement with decorated bridges & rotor with correct hand stack (Hour Hand Adjustable) - Functions 1:1 like the Genuine Rolex Calibre 3186

I will order one, and try and get some pictures up asap
[/FONT]

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Pretty sure Andrew at TT just copied and pasted the description.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zilli0n

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/9/17
sorry for my "noob" question, but what change before old and new movement ?! i don't really understand !
What is soooo exciting ?
Thanks for your answers ! :)

Dan8888

Known Member
13/2/16
I've read all since yesterday but don't understand.. :eek:
It's a full copy of movement ok, but what change compare to old movement ? And what/why is so excited ?

The other super clone movement (SA3186 from Noob) was a time bomb, so it had to be used very carefully, especially when changing the date.

These two new super clones movements (SH3186 from ARF and VR3186 from VRF) should be much more reliable and robust.

Prior to these releases, in order to get a reliable 1:1 movement, we had to spend more money, either buying a gen Rolex Caliber 3186 (approx. 2K USD/EUR) or adding some gen parts to an Asian 28xx clone movement.

Last edited:

ddb92

Known Member
11/8/18
VR3186 looks way better and different than SH3186
ARF on top
1ab313d353cce49b06d2a1044de51ec2.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: neospike911

Howitzer

19/7/17
UK
I've read all since yesterday but don't understand.. :eek:
It's a full copy of movement ok, but what change compare to old movement ? And what/why is so excited ?

You'll have to go a bit further back than yesterday :) Pretty much everything has changed. The old movement isn't a "true" clone of the 3186, just a clone ETA movement bastardised to replicate the appearance (CHS) and functionality. However, it is extremely fragile and very prone to breaking.

This new movement is supposedly a full clone of the 3186, the same as Noob did with the 4130 clone in the Daytona, and given the robustness of the VR3135 movement should be very solid. Hence the excitement. I love GMTs but the piss poor movements have always put me off the reps to date.

As such, I am pitching a trouser-tent at the prospect.